MM Losing their Pets??

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Re: MM Losing their Pets??

Unread post by Kalasta »

I don't like it one bit. Ive been a MM hunter since I started playing WoW back in early B.C. Its been my favorite spec since...but I love my pets too. Granted I do like the Lone hunter during heroic dungeons, and of course Raids...but in normal outdoor questing.. I always have my pets with me. Now this happens... WTG Bliz...brilliant move... :evil:

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.

Taaveti
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: TW-Shadowmoon

Unread post by Taaveti »

Never played MM before 6.2, been SV/BM my entire life.
Only switched to MM after getting 4pcT18, the burst dps on adds surely is nice.

I really hope they're just making lone wolf baseline for MM, meaning a dps loss when using pets, instead of taking pets away for MM entirely, since losing pets = losing a lot of utilities.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

I didn't feel this deserved its own thread, and I didn't know where else to put it:

Q: Not to undermine all your hard work, but... any chance we could get a glyph for dire beast to summon a pet from our stables? As beast mastery, I almost always have a spirit beast out. It would be cool to see some of the non-spirit beasts I have from time to time since they never get much use.

A: There's tech required for this but it's already in the works, likely built into a talent.

Looks like even if BM doesn't get a "Two-pet" ability, there will be some talent to let you see your other pets!
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Well, Blizzard's finally gone and made the one change that would get me to change my favorite spec! I've always been diehard marks, but it looks like I'll be sticking with BM as my main spec for Legion. :)

Yep, you read that right, hee.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

So chimaera shot is going to be a bm talent
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Yeah I've read about it. Apparently they're considering it for MM too but aren't sure yet if they will give it back to them. Supposedly it fits BM's theme better? I'm not sure why since it's always been a MM skill. The only thing I could think of would be because it has Chimaera in the name and shots two Chimaera heads. Apart from the beast being exotic, I'm at a loss as to why it should be BM only instead of MM only. :?
ImageImage
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:Yeah I've read about it. Apparently they're considering it for MM too but aren't sure yet if they will give it back to them. Supposedly it fits BM's theme better? I'm not sure why since it's always been a MM skill. The only thing I could think of would be because it has Chimaera in the name and shots two Chimaera heads. Apart from the beast being exotic, I'm at a loss as to why it should be BM only instead of MM only. :?
Well, MM is picking up a lot of the old SV shots, so chimera going BM makes sense.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Ummm....

https://twitter.com/IckabobWoW/status/6 ... 4787352576

Not really sure what to think here....
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

A pun on BM = bowel movement?
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Ill be honest if there's some way for MM to keep there pets it will pretty much fix all the issues I am having atm (even if its only outside of raiding *cringe*)

Till I stopped playing I was always surv

MM is getting the surv skills so that will make it at least feel a little more then like I am playing my old trusty surv.
Dont like melee dps so that problem would be fixed as well.
and the gun only problem is fixed as well.
*hits 3 birds with 1 stone*
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Ickabob »

He later added "its valid feedback, will pass it on", so at least our voice was heard on this matter.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Ickabob wrote:He later added "its valid feedback, will pass it on", so at least our voice was heard on this matter.
That's great! Well done Ickabob :) I hope they take your suggestions into account...even if my pet does 0 damage it won't be the same without it by my side.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Ickabob »

Thanks, I figured Muffinus would be the most understanding on the matter, seeing how he's in charge of pets and the like.

BTW guys, please feel free by all means to let the devs know what you think. All feedback helps.
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

I mean a glyph that would just allow them to stand by our side would be cool too
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Clayford13 wrote:I mean a glyph that would just allow them to stand by our side would be cool too
Like as a hunter pet sized "companion" (a la Glyph of Aspects of Glyph of Conjure Familiar)?
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

I mean, just like it was permanently on passive, it would never attack, but stand with us. I would be cool with that.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Just being on passive doesn't mean it's a non-entity in a fight. As a non-combat companion, it couldn't be the target of offensive/defensive/utility spells. I think there's an argument for not letting "spec" fantasy override personal character fantasy, in this case, but less so if its a back-door to cheese game mechanics (pvp or pve) for the new spec designs.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Xota wrote:Just being on passive doesn't mean it's a non-entity in a fight. As a non-combat companion, it couldn't be the target of offensive/defensive/utility spells. I think there's an argument for not letting "spec" fantasy override personal character fantasy, in this case, but less so if its a back-door to cheese game mechanics (pvp or pve) for the new spec designs.
how about make it so that anything targeted at the pet affects the owner instead? like how Warlocks and their minions "share" damage.

normally, a hunter and their pet are two legitimate targets.
a hunter with a non-combatant pet would probably cause a lot of unnecessary confusion in PvP, particularly in BGs. (I imagine)

If two hunters were in the same location, one with a non-combatant pet, the other with their pet on passive... I can see an unfair advantage there due to the confusion potential of having a completely non-combatant pet present.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I know they want this to add to the differences between specs, but I feel like it's taking away form the differences between the classes themselves. It's a mage with leather really.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Bulletdance wrote:I know they want this to add to the differences between specs, but I feel like it's taking away form the differences between the classes themselves. It's a mage with leather really.
Astute observation.
I'm wondering how Demon Hunter will feel once the novelty wears off?

**psst Melissa... I'm still getting lots of great comments for the logo you made for me. thanks a million for that.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.