Hunter Class Preview blog is up

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: Hunter Class Preview blog is up

Unread post by Sukurachi »

so for BM there's no mechanism other than your Dire Beast for regaining focus (or whatever our resource will be for our other shots)?

so right now I'm taking some lower level guildies (and my lower level alts) through some lower level dungeons.
I'm on my 100, they're on level 60 toons.

with these changes, I wouldn't be able to do that anymore? it would mean having to have my pet, which means risking him one-shotting everything including bosses, which means no exp for the lower level toons.

I have to say that this particular change is a bit annoying to me. actually, not even "annoying". it's borderline game-breaker for me as far as the game is concerned.

If I find myself completely stymied from power-levelling friends or alts (multi-box), then I will probably have very little interest in playing WoW anymore.

how about Blizz making it so that when your pet kills something it COUNTS as a kill for you? after all, we ARE "beast masters", and as such (according to the new paradigm Blizzard is trying to install) we should be relying almost entirely on our pets for damage.

I think some of these changes weren't thought through as carefully as they should have been.

And a gun for a Beast Master, but a bow for a Marksman? I'd fire whoever thought THAT was a good idea.
Last edited by Sukurachi on Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Really worried about the lack of a focus regen ability too. Wish they'd just leave Cobra shot as it is, or give us steady shot or something. Aside from that I like the changes but... guess we'll just have to wait and see and hope they address our concerns.

Maybe since they're doing such a huge overhaul of talents, we could get a talent that works like steady shot or something. Who knows.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Lupen202 wrote:Survival does seem cool for a melee spec. But kind of bugs me how it seems like they're more of a beast master than beast masters at the moment, aside from the fact that BM has the dire beast command. All of survival's artifact looks are beast inspired - a wolf, an eagle, a serpent, a bear?? And I believe the artifact quest chain takes place in Highmountain with the tauren? That fits BM so much better. Why couldn't our guns at least be beast inspired? Or why not a crossbow?

Of course things are subject to change ... but I'm just pissy about the gun lol.
I sort of agree, but at the same time it makes Surv distinct from Fury Warrior. Having said, I wish Surv is a tank spec, I mean come on; SURVIVAL; that's the tankiest name, ever!
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I am still beating my head against a wall over the choice of mm getting the bow and bm getting the gun. I would imagine that guns would naturally be the choice of someone who wanted the best accuracy and kick behind their shots (scopes, longer range in more realistic settings, faster, the ability to snipe) and bows would fit more with the in-tune with the animals kind of vibe. :(

kind of happy to hear that MM will be getting versions of my favorite Surv abilities but I have have a deep loathing for MM thanks to the constant over the top harassment i used to get about not using it as my main spec- giving mm another chance is a bitter pill indeed.

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

cowmuflage wrote:Some of the MM stuff looks good but I'm still bummed about the no pet thing. Kinda the main point I play one and MM is the only spec I've ever liked XD
Agreed. It sucks. I don't see why it can't be flipping OPTIONAL. I want to play MM, and I want my pet with me. But if that can't be then I'll just have to abandon MM. I'd rather they just make a dedicated ranger class and have three spec options for the pet haters.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

I remember seeing people mock Blizz making the shipyard necessary for the legendary quest as a way to gauge the success of the new garrison-like features.

"Our statistics show that 90% of players sent over 50 shipyard missions! Success! They must love it!"

Similarly, the whole "So many MM players used Lone Wolf, so that's the baseline now" is pretty flawed logic... it's because it was the most viable talent for the majority of the expansion.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Yep.. all the QQ I expected here...
Account has been closed at user's request.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Slickrock wrote:Yep.. all the QQ I expected here...
Most of it has been pretty positive, actually. The main dislikes have been the artifact choices, which seems pretty universal, not just this board, and marksman players who want to keep a pet out. Given this is a pet forum it's understandable that some are going to be unhappy with that, but I guess we'll see once the beta arrives.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Slickrock

Wain wrote:
Slickrock wrote:Yep.. all the QQ I expected here...
Most of it has been pretty positive, actually. The main dislikes have been the artifact choices, which seems pretty universal, not just this board, and marksman players who want to keep a pet out. Given this is a pet forum it's understandable that some are going to be unhappy with that, but I guess we'll see once the beta arrives.
I get the pet thing, even if I am a fan of the petless option...

But my real frustration is with all the "Ihategunsthatdevisstupid" that's drowning out meaningful discussion of the rest of the changes. We have MAJOR rotational changes for all the specs, and the arguing is about the artifact models...

But on the artifact models... beside the folk that just hate guns, which seems to be the majority... I think a lot of the preference is race based, and not spec based. Believe me, I'm not a fan of bows on dwarfs.. but there is tmog.

But we should be looking at the biggest upheaval to our spells that we've ever had.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Equeon wrote:I remember seeing people mock Blizz making the shipyard necessary for the legendary quest as a way to gauge the success of the new garrison-like features.

"Our statistics show that 90% of players sent over 50 shipyard missions! Success! They must love it!"

Similarly, the whole "So many MM players used Lone Wolf, so that's the baseline now" is pretty flawed logic... it's because it was the most viable talent for the majority of the expansion.
Totally agree with the shipyard thing...they don't think they did those missions to maybe get the legendary? Not because they actually like watching their epic ships explode every other friggin mission!?? :lol: Such flawed logic! And yeah lone wolf...ive said before I took it for dungeons/raids but 99% of the time I have my pet out questing/soloing/watching ships assplode tehehehe!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Slickrock wrote:But my real frustration is with all the "Ihategunsthatdevisstupid" that's drowning out meaningful discussion of the rest of the changes. We have MAJOR rotational changes for all the specs, and the arguing is about the artifact models...
But on the artifact models... beside the folk that just hate guns, which seems to be the majority... I think a lot of the preference is race based, and not spec based. Believe me, I'm not a fan of bows on dwarfs.. but there is tmog.
Absolutely agree on both counts. The artifact is nice but the appearance is cosmetic. But then Blizzard have hyped them so much, and even said how they couldn't understand players wanting to transmog them away because they look so great, that maybe they are partially responsible for the reaction ;) If they hadn't gone out of their way to showcase the awesome appearances and made it such a selling point, I wouldn't have blinked at the frankly "all-been-done-so-many-times-before-and-better" fist weapons I'll be getting on my shammy. But now they have I feel a little resentful. Not much, though - so many transmog options.

And yes, bow vs gun is SO a race thing. A dwarf BM or MM would fit the gun perfectly, but then an elf of either race or spec would seem stranger (from a racial theme perspective, ignoring individual role play). I think it's really a case of them trying to force the "one artifact - one spec" model on an exceptional case. If they allowed a choice for either spec and varied the runes etc. depending on spec, it would solve a lot of the disagreement. I'm not sure they'd do that, though.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by Kalasta »

cowmuflage wrote:Some of the MM stuff looks good but I'm still bummed about the no pet thing. Kinda the main point I play one and MM is the only spec I've ever liked XD
Ditto for me... MM has been my favorite spec since all the way back from B.C.

One other thing, just why the heck cant they bring back Volley?? I miss that ability so much...compared to multi-shot or barrage, it was so much better for AoE crowd control... :(

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.

Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Wain wrote:
Slickrock wrote:But my real frustration is with all the "Ihategunsthatdevisstupid" that's drowning out meaningful discussion of the rest of the changes. We have MAJOR rotational changes for all the specs, and the arguing is about the artifact models...
Absolutely agree on both counts. The artifact is nice but the appearance is cosmetic. But then Blizzard have hyped them so much, and even said how they couldn't understand players wanting to transmog them away because they look so great, that maybe they are partially responsible for the reaction ;) If they hadn't gone out of their way to showcase the awesome appearances and made it such a selling point, I wouldn't have blinked at the frankly "all-been-done-so-many-times-before-and-better" fist weapons I'll be getting on my shammy. But now they have I feel a little resentful. Not much, though - so many transmog options.
Actually I disagree with "its only cosmetic" just transmog over it.

Remember your artifact is supposed to be the main progressing thing this exspac.
Lot of your content is going to be tied to it, to unlock additional skins and colors not to mention its incentive to keep playing and consume that content.

I hate the gun with passion and BM is pretty much the only spec that comes close of the play style I would have liked. Because mm loses the pet and I want a pet class and surv is going melee I hate melee)

Sure I can transmog the sunwell bow over it (like I have done for the last 2 expac)
But what is the point I miss the whole main thing this whole expatiation, while other hunters go "whooho guys look this awesome skin I just unlocked" the people that hate the weapon no incentive for them to even go unlock something because they are forced to transmogrify the weapon anyway.

Make no mistake if the ranged weapon skins where interchangeable I would have no problem unlocking them at all. Even if it meant I had to spec MM for a couple of days/weeks to unlock a specific skin(s) that I could have transmogged over my BM artifact.

I have no problem with unlocking skins and colors for certain criteria hell I was fully prepared to do stuff I dint even like (pvp or god knows what else) if those skins where awesome. But atm there's no point in it and its actually making me doubt to even seriously try the expansion atm.
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Slickrock

Kalasta wrote:
Ditto for me... MM has been my favorite spec since all the way back from B.C.

One other thing, just why the heck cant they bring back Volley?? I miss that ability so much...compared to multi-shot or barrage, it was so much better for AoE crowd control... :(
This is not your father's MM... a lot is changing, especially if they add more of the Dark Ranger talents.

They actually did hint at something for volley, but no promises.. and yeah, I miss volley too.
Slickrock

On the bow thing.. I'm really shocked more people aren't dissapointed with the bow. Given the amount of variables some of the other weapons have, the bow is pretty bland. At least the BM gun has distinct looks.