Legion - random ideas thread

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Re: Legion - random ideas thread

Unread post by Inay »

Agreed with others about hippogryph, owlcats and coursers. (And griffons and zebras.)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

The fact that just -buying- the recipe for the item to tame mechanicals requires an item that is hard to come by is a slap in the face enough.

The actual crafting materials for the item requires 20 Blood of Sargeras. Something we won't really have extras of, because they're required for things like artifact upgrading and crafted gear, which we'll need to craft a LOT of (by design).

So it's really a massive slap in the face to non-gnome and goblin hunters.

This REALLY should have been made a drop like the tome of dinomancy. Make it a drop on the island in Shadowmoon Valley where all the goblins are. Makes sense, since they're controlling the Rylaks there, and lets level 100 hunters get it prior to Legion.

If they want to keep it a recipe, make the recipe drop there. Make it require basic Draenor regeants.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Yeah I agree on that too. I don't like how incredibly rare that item is going to be. I just really don't see engineers making this early in the expansion all that plentiful. I mean, I'm glad I have an engineering alt, but man, now I actually feel like I'll have to level that just to level engineering, just to make the item itself for my main. Which doesn't sound that bad until I think about having to already burn through Legion content twice first (once main, once alt) and then getting enough gear to do the world quests on my alt at a pace to get the items, which also hurts gearing up my main...

Hell, honestly, I might just pay the $15 to race change my hunter from Night Elf to gnome, go on a taming-spree of mechanicals I like, and then wait out the 3 day cooldown and race change her back. It still sounds less of a pain in the butt then leveling an alt and farming the coins for the recipe and the blood of sargeras or paying thousands of gold for an item (and it's going to be insanely expansive because gold inflation is crazy in Legion, let alone on my already inflated server @_@ )

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Other crafters will be able to sell gear that they make. Engineers can make goggles that require engineering to use. Engineering often gets shafted when it comes to crafting sellable items.

If you don't have an engineer at max level, then sell 20 bloods worth of gear you can craft. BoP mats typically have a standard fee at a given time.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

@Rikaku - that may not work. Without the item to burn, it may treat the mechanicals like, say, your BM pets if you're in another spec. That is, that you can move them around a bit but can't call them unless you're either flagged gnome/goblin or else have the 'I burned the item' flag. In fact, I think it's pretty likely that it'll work that way since the code for 'race only' is already in the game.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Nachtwulf wrote:@Rikaku - that may not work. Without the item to burn, it may treat the mechanicals like, say, your BM pets if you're in another spec. That is, that you can move them around a bit but can't call them unless you're either flagged gnome/goblin or else have the 'I burned the item' flag. In fact, I think it's pretty likely that it'll work that way since the code for 'race only' is already in the game.
It seemed to work fine when I tested it in the Beta, but of course, beta is beta XD Who knows if it'd actually work live. But when I made a gnome Hunter and tamed Friender, when I got a race-change use on the login screen next to that character, I race changed her to Night Elf. She had no problem summoning/de-summoning Friender, nothing seemed to bug out.

But I'm also probably too cheap for that anyways. I like mechanicals but honestly not that much. I was just musing outloud (or on forums via writing, I suppose) my feelings on how it just seems like the cost/reward of the item to tame mechanicals seems a bit skewed. Even though I do support professions getting a buff in terms of making money for resell, it just seems like a surprisingly steep price for a 'hunter pet' thing, lol

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Yeah... it is. Course, have you seen the price that simple Certificates of Ownership go for these days?

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

It's a shame that there's no mechanical piggy bank model that could be used as a new goblin starter pet.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

A Hunter quest chain where the player is summoned to Wyrmrest for their expertise, learns the lore behind dragonkin as a species, and proves their worth to Alexstrasza who grants them her blessing to tame (non-sapient) Beastial Dragonkin such as Proto-drakes, Stone Drakes, and Cloud Serpents.

One can dream at least. :p
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Would never happen but if they could do something like time walking BG's that would be awesome! Strangely I really really miss old Alterac Valley.
Just would love to visit it again.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

The rundown:

Me, 410k HP Live/PTR

Pet, in Ferocity has 459k HP Live (459.7k)
Pet, in Ferocity has 287k HP PTR World, 346kish HP Instance (WTF Blizzard)

Pet, in Tenacity HP is unchanged Live
Pet, in Tenacity 459k HP World PTR

Why? Why do the pets NEED this change, and give me that PvP crap! :evil:

Blizzard: You want your pet to live, better keep it in the lowest DPS pet spec.

Random Idea: Let's not do this! How about that for a novel idea, for once DON'T TOUCH SOMETHING! :mrgreen:

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Lower Ferocity pet HP won't be a problem since we can just use traps to slow down and CC the enemies, right?

Oh.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

Lower ferocity pet HP shouldn't be a problem because ferocity isn't for pet tanking. Pets in tank spec should have more health.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Xota wrote:Lower ferocity pet HP shouldn't be a problem because ferocity isn't for pet tanking. Pets in tank spec should have more health.
Yeah....... I was NOT tanking on my BM Hunter on PTR, doing the demon invasion thing, and the boss demons randomly target things hitting them and when they don't have enough people to hit they 1-shot your pet. I don't mind them having less HP than me, I mind them having so little that they get 1-shot by a boss glancing in their general direction. :| :mrgreen:

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Xota made the idea in another thread, but I felt it was worth its own suggestion. Especially since it would, and could, answer a lot of problems:
Xota wrote:perhaps xmogging white/grey gear is (or should be) on their radar. It could even be a gold sink, where you have to pay X g in order to learn a grey/white item's appearance.
That's actually something I could get behind: a 'Soulbinder' in their 'transmog people' section for specific goods. That might allow opening up transmog space for a lot of non-material items as well (like the ever-lovely rose, the spring circlet, et cetera). They could even make it fit into the other Etherials and their jobs in a semi-loreish way:

"Pay me this gold, and I shall bond this weapon forever into your very essence." .... or something.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Unread post by Serenith »

Kurasu wrote:Xota made the idea in another thread, but I felt it was worth its own suggestion. Especially since it would, and could, answer a lot of problems:
Xota wrote:perhaps xmogging white/grey gear is (or should be) on their radar. It could even be a gold sink, where you have to pay X g in order to learn a grey/white item's appearance.
That's actually something I could get behind: a 'Soulbinder' in their 'transmog people' section for specific goods. That might allow opening up transmog space for a lot of non-material items as well (like the ever-lovely rose, the spring circlet, et cetera). They could even make it fit into the other Etherials and their jobs in a semi-loreish way:

"Pay me this gold, and I shall bond this weapon forever into your very essence." .... or something.
That would be awesome. Some of my favorite pieces of gear are white/grey items. I'd pay lots of gold to be able to transmog them too.

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

With high def models for items, some of the old ones look dated. Like the hexagon shaped goggles that are meant to be round. So there should be new goggles, without all the bells and whistles (figuratively or literally), available either for just engineers or as cosmetics for everyone. And to play on a common trade chat troll/meme:

[Ultraviolent Spectrum Goggles]
"Ultraviolent light allows you to see creatures, even if they're Invincible."
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Unread post by Serenith »

It would be nice if older armor got pixel upgrades. I personally like the basic look of older armor. Nearly all of my mogs tend to be simple, as I find the newer gear from like Cata onwards is just too extravagant. Not to say I hate them all, but for whatever reason have never liked my characters wearing them. I always pray for some new armor that resembles vanilla style, but I don't hold my breath.

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Yeah. I've been watching a streamer that recently started WoW for the first time, and from an outsider's perspective the blocky, pixelated look of the old zones and models can definitely be off-putting. Legion looks amazing in comparison but not everyone will stick with the game till then.

But it'd be a huge task to update the old armor, models, foliage, etc. like they've done with some critter models. It'd definitely be nice though.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I'm a little hesitant about updated graphics. On the one hand, the new Shield of Azzinoth looks fantastic! On the other hand, I'm out $50 plus a free GM-granted race change for new models and I still have at least seven characters that need fixes that can't be done through the barber shop (my hunter's skin is too light on new models, my death knight's fur is the wrong colour and there isn't an alternative I like, ditto my dwarf mage's hair, the faces on the skin my druid uses are all the wrong colour which would be fixed just like my hunter by going up/down one skin tone, but you can't do that without paying $10 for a recustomization...)

I dunno. I'd LOVE a higher rez texture for the soldier/felstone set, but I also would rather it be on new items, not a replacement of the old. That way, if I don't agree with the way it was done, I still have a fallback instead of having to give up on the set(/character) altogether.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.