Legion - random ideas thread

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Legion - random ideas thread

Unread post by pop »

I would love to see Pandaren Shaman and Mages uses Pandarian spirit models as their elementals.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

pop wrote:I would love to see Pandaren Shaman and Mages uses Pandarian spirit models as their elementals.
They really should. That would be so fitting :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

would love troll DK to have raise skeletal raptor or skeletal wind serpent as pets instead of ghoul and archer skeleton (all shall serve talent) in legion :D, also some tiki mask wearing demons or tribal clothe wearing demons or fel colored dinosaurs for troll warlocks :D, one troll warlock trainer in OG has her imp wearing a mask :D, also, they should finally let ranged hunters use thrown weapons, survival kinda get some of that action with throwing axes talent and headhunting glyph to have him throwing spears, but it's not a full blown axethrower/spearthrower/glaivethrower.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Zulmalakhan wrote:would love troll DK to have raise skeletal raptor or skeletal wind serpent as pets instead of ghoul and archer skeleton (all shall serve talent) in legion :D, also some tiki mask wearing demons or tribal clothe wearing demons or fel colored dinosaurs for troll warlocks :D, one troll warlock trainer in OG has her imp wearing a mask :D, also, they should finally let ranged hunters use thrown weapons, survival kinda get some of that action with throwing axes talent and headhunting glyph to have him throwing spears, but it's not a full blown axethrower/spearthrower/glaivethrower.
tiki imps would be great. And my hunter still has all her throwing weapons in her bank. When I first started playing, the first hunter I made was a troll, and I bought throwing weapons as soon as I could (to match the WC3 units), only to find that none of the abilities used them. I would love for throwing weapons to be usable as ranged weapons. Even if it's just to xmog over bows and guns.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Please let Rylaks fly post tame. I would love if Rylaks move on the ground when we walk and they fly when we run/mounting speed/dash.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I know it's probably a bit late to get in for more suggestion, but how about making Rabbots into beasts instead of critters? At the moment, the only way to get a mechanical bunny pet is to be a goblin or gnome hunter, and they've already made sure the other 'specific pets' had other places to get them. Just turn these critters (who don't have a battle pet version) into beasts, and make them tameable.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

Kurasu wrote:I know it's probably a bit late to get in for more suggestion, but how about making Rabbots into beasts instead of critters? At the moment, the only way to get a mechanical bunny pet is to be a goblin or gnome hunter, and they've already made sure the other 'specific pets' had other places to get them. Just turn these critters (who don't have a battle pet version) into beasts, and make them tameable.
And add mechanical squirrels while you're at it, Blizz. Muffinus tamed one, so surely my gnome can too? (Or are you calling my gnome hunter dumb? :()
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Kurasu wrote:I know it's probably a bit late to get in for more suggestion, but how about making Rabbots into beasts instead of critters? At the moment, the only way to get a mechanical bunny pet is to be a goblin or gnome hunter, and they've already made sure the other 'specific pets' had other places to get them. Just turn these critters (who don't have a battle pet version) into beasts, and make them tameable.
..... well OK then.

I guess *that* worked! ;)
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Since my Rabbot idea was taken, let's try another:

Make the rams into 'Beasts' instead of 'Critters' in Loch Modan (and elsewhere), and make them tameable as 'Goats'.

Yes, I know that goats and sheep are different creatures, but let's face it: parrots and toucans aren't birds of prey, either. ;)
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

Kurasu wrote:Since my Rabbot idea was taken, let's try another:

Make the rams into 'Beasts' instead of 'Critters' in Loch Modan (and elsewhere), and make them tameable as 'Goats'.

Yes, I know that goats and sheep are different creatures, but let's face it: parrots and toucans aren't birds of prey, either. ;)
And while Blizz is at it, exchange the old ram model with the model used for the vicious war ram.
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Kurasu wrote:Since my Rabbot idea was taken, let's try another:

I was about to post this exact same thing. I keep hoping every expansion that they'll make the Rams in Dun Algaz, etc. tameable. We have goats and now oxen, so why not rams? Come on, Blizz! There's really no reason why these shouldn't be tameable! ♥

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

There's rams in the badlands that are actually named Billy Goat. But I suspect blizzard doesn't want to add them because the artwork is old, and the artwork for the vicious ram would require more than just removing the armor and tack. Which is unfortunate.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

One major want in every expansion since he was added has been tiny piggy Lo'Shall to stay tiny. I know he's not a legion beast. Or well loved. But how awesome would it be to have tiny piggy???
Why not let him be the size of the starting mech bunny? From what I've seen its really small. Not huge like the tamed mechs.

Just tossing it here since I didn't know where else to put it

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

This is not a random idea, but something I really hope for

please make the new core hound model be tamable. My Dark Iron Dwarf really wants one :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

pop wrote:This is not a random idea, but something I really hope for

please make the new core hound model be tamable. My Dark Iron Dwarf really wants one :(
They have persistently ignored it. For Legion, the art team have even added a green skin for it (non-mount) and yet all the new fel core hounds use the Vanilla model. Such a shame :(
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Would be super neat if they changed the goblin starting pet to some sort of a mecho pet like the gnome has...maybe a crab, chicken, or squirrel to start with since both can tame them right off why not both start with one instead of only one? :) Just to be fair, I'm sure hunter goblins wouldn't mind the change....but I guess I could be wrong too.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Wain wrote:

They have persistently ignored it. For Legion, the art team have even added a green skin for it (non-mount) and yet all the new fel core hounds use the Vanilla model. Such a shame :(

if we annoy them enough, they might just add them!
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

pop wrote:
Wain wrote:

if we annoy them enough, they might just add them!
Hear, hear!

ANNOY THEM! NEW COREHOUNDS PLEASE!

Also, a Chromaggus/Kurken mount. ;)

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

MaliciousCrow
Realm: Ravenholdt

Unread post by MaliciousCrow »

I would love to see them add Exotic Munitions back to Marksman as a more cosmetic thing. Let a hunter change their ammo type between the different ones and update the visuals it has. I mean, MM is supposed to be a master of their weapon so poisoned ammo would be a thing, right? :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Regarding the green core hound, I posted here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745085069

The first post is to do with the mount version, the third post is about the non-mount.