Legion - random ideas thread

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: Legion - random ideas thread

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Xota wrote:More options for water elementals. (and I guess shaman elementals too). New models are unlocked through challenges, like warlock green fire quest. There's lots of elemental npcs to choose from, and a cleansed Immerseus model would be great at the highest challenge (shrunk down of course). Also, there should be water elementals skins to match the water on the frost mage artifact
I wholeheartedly agree. I really think that any pet class should be getting updates at least every other expansion.

Warlocks just got some, but I'd still like to see a few others updated for them.

Mages should DEFINITELY get an updated water elemental. Other options like mentioned would be neat also, but the original ones are so iconic for the class, harkening back to the very original warcraft units, Conjurers.

I'd love to see a fancy updated version of these, pumped up with the graphic capabilities that the game now has access too.

More options for Death knights as well, maybe just summoning Undead casters for AotD

And of course Shaman. There are 5-6 elemental model options now to choose from and more being made all the time.
It would also be neat to see some cross over options as well for RP/flavor, even if via Glyphs

Wind -> Lighting or Dust Elementals
Earth -> Sand Elementals
Water -> Mojo/Drakkari or Ice Elementals
Fire -> Lava/Magma Elementals

...they really could go to town for Shaman. :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Xota wrote:More options for water elementals. (and I guess shaman elementals too). New models are unlocked through challenges, like warlock green fire quest. There's lots of elemental npcs to choose from, and a cleansed Immerseus model would be great at the highest challenge (shrunk down of course). Also, there should be water elementals skins to match the water on the frost mage artifact
I wholeheartedly agree. I really think that any pet class should be getting updates at least every other expansion.

Warlocks just got some, but I'd still like to see a few others updated for them.

Mages should DEFINITELY get an updated water elemental. Other options like mentioned would be neat also, but the original ones are so iconic for the class, harkening back to the very original warcraft units, Conjurers.

I'd love to see a fancy updated version of these, pumped up with the graphic capabilities that the game now has access too.

More options for Death knights as well, maybe just summoning Undead casters for AotD

And of course Shaman. There are 5-6 elemental model options now to choose from and more being made all the time.
It would also be neat to see some cross over options as well for RP/flavor, even if via Glyphs

Wind -> Lighting or Dust Elementals
Earth -> Sand Elementals
Water -> Mojo/Drakkari or Ice Elementals
Fire -> Lava/Magma Elementals

...they really could go to town for Shaman. :)
Totally agreed. And it would be nice if they had mechanisms in place to go out and obtain these in the real world, rather than just cold, non-engaging glyph-like strategies. Something that makes the creature and the experience a part of the story rather than something that is like an in-game equivalent of selecting a look from an options screen.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

I'd like some way to make my Unholy DK's Ghould/Abomination to retain a permanent name/color.

Also, has probably been mentioned, but some way to make Hati a copy of our other pet or a pet from our stables. Lightning Worg seems pretty "clashing" for some themes my hunters have.

Oh, and maybe a Outlaw rogue glyph/toy that edits all messages to sound more like a pirate (replaces "friend/buddy/pal" with "matey", random yarrrghs, etc, etc.) :P
Medjool

Unread post by Medjool »

Melee Hunter is what got me really excited for legion, but i have to admit i am rather disappointed about how it turned how. I think it would have fit much better with beastmastery :(
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Bambu wrote:I'd like some way to make my Unholy DK's Ghould/Abomination to retain a permanent name/color.
So, reason I need this below:
I got into Alpha, tried out an UH DK, literally the first abomination I summoned (with Dark Transformation active):
:shock:
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

New loot rolling system: Transmogrific
If player's class can unlock an item for transmogrification, (or item is otherwise usable for vanity, eg: 2h weapons for felguards) they could roll need. So warriors, shaman, and paladins could all roll on intellect shields. Everyone else could roll greed.

This would solve the problem in xmog runs in old raids, where you have to choose between some ninja needing everything for gold, and people not being able to roll on what they want.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

I'm gonna have to throw my hat into the "no more exotic pets" pile. My rylak has become possibly my absolute favorite pet, yet BM summoning loads of pets at once instead of focusing on the ONE exotic pet that we put so much more effort into taming is a turn-off, and I adore the idea of going melee. I don't want to leave my favorite pet behind just because the spec it belongs to is now so unappealing.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

Class mounts for hunters:
one ground, one flying. Mount would be acquired through a challenge tame, and when you had that pet active, and called it for the mount, you would actually hop on the pets back and ride it, instead of poofing onto a mount and having the pet follow around behind you. Flying mount could be an eagle (it would have to scale up though, when mounting).
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

"Ya know, Sporebats are one of my favorite creatures we've ever made. Super interesting, thematic, animations are iconic, and great cuddlers." (Celestalon)

Maybe this means we are getting new sporebats or even SB sporebats, or maybe just a plushy? :mrgreen:

Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

Rawr wrote:Maybe this means we are getting new sporebats.
Didn't we already get new sporebats in WoD?
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

We did. AND I LOVE THEM AND THE PURPLY ONE IS MY GOAT HUNTRAR'S FAVE PET.
sporebat is best pet

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

If Blizzard ever feels like making new treant models, it would be neat if it were possible to already identify the kind of ancient they'll develop into, once mature. Some treants could have more feline faces (Ancient of War), others could have more avian faces and wing-like branches (Ancient of Wind) and, finally, others could have monkey faces (Ancient of Lore).

A glyph that turns Travel Form into a rideable hippogriff would also be neat, although that would kinda make the Glyph of the Stag obsolete.
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

I'd love to see a realistic looking lynx/bobcat in the game to tame.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

As a parallel to the mining basilisk, skinning should spawn a tick that uses the little nerubian "spiderling" model, that could be tamed as a beetle or whatever. It could also drop/skin more LW mats (and blood), and a chance of a minipet version of itself.
Last edited by Xota on Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Zugsworth wrote this:

"Thank you for the report. As a result of this post we uncovered a bug in our data conversion that had been a little too aggressive. These items, and other level 40+ Mail items that were erroneously changed to Plate, will be reverted in a future build."

I really want to see the updated list! :headbang: :mrgreen:

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Rawr wrote:Zugsworth wrote this:

"Thank you for the report. As a result of this post we uncovered a bug in our data conversion that had been a little too aggressive. These items, and other level 40+ Mail items that were erroneously changed to Plate, will be reverted in a future build."

I really want to see the updated list! :headbang: :mrgreen:
I was so happy to see this too. This is an aspect of testing I hope to goodness they invite testers in for. Its a big system and needs testing by more than just a couple of half hearted moggers. Hopefully they got folks in there passionate about it who will be exhaustive with it.
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

Unlike previous creatures that got new models, kodo mounts were also updated, right? In that case, I hope that the two Sunwalker Kodos also get a facelift. Unlike the Exarch's Elekks, their models are actually identical to the old kodo models, except for the added adornments and the special skins, so I assume that it shouldn't be too much work.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

Xota wrote: Bear druids shouldn't do moonfire, it should be insect swarm. Because bees fit bear fantasy better than sky lasers. It shouldn't take long to make the green swarm yellow.
Instead of being a whole new spell, this could be a glyph to just change the visual. Glyph of the Honey Moon.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Xota wrote:As a parallel to the mining basilisk, skinning should spawn a tick that uses the little nerubian "spiderling" model, that could be tamed as a beetle or whatever. It could also drop/skin more LW mats (and blood), and a chance of a minipet version of itself.
As creepy as that thing looks I am all over this idea. xD

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
WhyNotCats909
Realm: Misha, Kul Tiras

Unread post by WhyNotCats909 »

Lupen202 wrote:I think it'd be cool if our pets eyes just glowed red during bestial wrath, maybe increasing in size as well like they do now.
There are already a few pets that have red glowy eye effects., unfortunately.

. . .would like more shiny kitties.
Please don't hug the shiny kitties. The shiny kitties are angry all the time, and I wouldn't want Crazy Red Eyed Kitties to nom your face.