Jeremy Feasel calling for new tameable feedback...

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Re: Jeremy Feasel calling for new tameable feedback...

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

well there is always a massive request for dragon flights. I know a lot of it comes from some pepole just not knowing the lore though.

i think frogs are inevitable. not my cup of tea but I wouldn't fight it. maybe have a water breathing/walking secondary and some sort of poison/hallucination themed ability? *shrug* if they do make frogs tamable i hope they go for an "amphibian" family they can expand upon vrs just a "frog" family. I would go nuts over a salamander. xD

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

SylviaDragon wrote: Also after seeing the lore behind them, i don't think dread ravens are that absurd a request. some of them are demigods but most of them seem like normal beasts to me. Sethe himself was a wind serpent who was seen as a rival to Anzu and we can still tame the living serpents.
Also, Rexxar has a Dread Raven. Plus, with Legion, we're supposed to be like the very best, right? As indicated by our Class Order Hall leadership and our artifacts? We're supposed to be the heroes, the elite representatives of our class?

Then it would be even weirder if we don't get to tame Dread Ravens when Rexxar does.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I would be sorely disappointed if our eagle death gate is actually a dread raven...
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

A raven and an eagle are two different types of birds entirely so I doubt they would do that.

And I don't see dragons being tamable ever. It just doesn't fit the theme. Having them as mounts is as far as we'll see it go I think.
Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

Don't have a Twitter account, but I'm considering getting one just to ask for Hell Hounds/ Char Hounds.

I know it's a bit of a stretch, but it wouldn't be the first pet that danced on the line between beast/undead (undead eagles, diseased wolves/bears) or beast/elemental (shale spiders), in all fairness. It's the one remaining pet that I want. And I want one so, so much!

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I would love a frog lol Or a fay dragon, but I doubt they'd do that since it's not technically a beast.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

It's my favorite time of WoW again! (Summoned from a portal) I already put my two cents in. (Hopefully he'll respond to my tweet like he did about my tweet about stags :P)

Gluth has been a favorite of mine to be added to the core hound family. I mean if the demon-multi-eyed model isn't allowed, Gluth's model could be an exception with all the undead pets we already have. Skeletal Wind serpent, yaks, and mushan should definitely be added back considering we tamed these before, but then suddenly weren't allowed to.

Obviously Pterodans and Skyscreamers, Thunder Lizards because we need more dinos.

Also hell hounds because it fits the demonic theme of the expansion. OH and considering this expansion is basically Burning Crusade 2.0, a green fel version of the Kurken would be amazing. Oh and that crystal turtle boss from isle of thunder would be cool too.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Rainfella

Unread post by Rainfella »

Shoveltusks!!!
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Rainfella wrote:Shoveltusks!!!
Yes.. those would be good.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Slickrock wrote:
Rainfella wrote:Shoveltusks!!!
Yes.. those would be good.
It's a shame it's not clearer what they're related to, or they could be placed in an existing family. Are they a moose, a boar, an ox? I actually love that they're weird and different, but it makes it hard to place them without having their own special family.

I personally think they're kind of like what would happen if boars evolved into herd grazers.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

I always saw shoveltusks as a wild boar type of animal. It looks like they used a boar model for the body.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Well, Shoveltusks aren't stag family, that's for sure.. but then again there are beasts in the stag family that shouldn't be in there.

Probably put the shoveltusks in whichever family the moose goes in... :D
Account has been closed at user's request.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Shoveltusks
Pythons
Frogs
Pterrodax
Penguins!!!!!
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

If we get stegodons and pterordaxes/skyscreamers, I'd mostly be set for life on pets. That's how bad I want them.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Slickrock wrote:Well, Shoveltusks aren't stag family, that's for sure.. but then again there are beasts in the stag family that shouldn't be in there.

They could stick shoveltusk in the crab family for all I care, I just want one lol
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Quivering wrote:
Slickrock wrote:Well, Shoveltusks aren't stag family, that's for sure.. but then again there are beasts in the stag family that shouldn't be in there.

They could stick shoveltusk in the crab family for all I care, I just want one lol
A crab with tusk-antlers could be cool! ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Tsiya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Tsiya »

Snaky snakes, and froggies, and the undead bears! Not the beat-up ones, these
http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/bearskinspectral.html

My pets - My companions

Sig by Sookie!

PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Kodo, mushan and thunder lizards could easily be lumped in with clefthooves, rhinos are in there and they don't even have hooves! Rams could get tossed in with goats, shoveltusks would probably work best as stags or goats, camels could be lumped in with goats, maybe even yaks could be goats... even if they're not strictly that thing, the similarity in body/ability should be enough. Look at serpents and water striders, there's pretty big gaps in both families. Diemetradons could be lumped in with crocs since basilisks are a bit more... magical? They're also getting new models if videos and screenshots are to be believed. Elekk and mammoths could get their own family. I say, if there's an old model that has been desired taming that could be put into a family that ISN'T getting new models (like basilisks)? It could/should be done!

Bears, of course, are exceptions. Give us those tasty new bear models AND the old armored troll-bear models from ZA and Isle of Thunder, please. Also, Ji-kun is cool as hell and I'd absolutely LOVE to tame her. Her colors are much better in comparison to the others given in WoD in my personal opinion.

But seriously, rylaks are basically just chimaeras and I don't give two hoots that they're different families, the family isn't nearly as important as the model itself, I'd think.

Cloud serpents COULD work well as pets, as they seem much more animal-like than intelligent. They seem like how gryphons/hippogryphs are supposed to be, very intelligent but still beasts that can be tamed, with only a handful of them showing humanoid sentience like Nalak, and he's essentially an empowered near-demigod-thing that was extremely unique. Hell, vanilla raptors have tribes and seemingly villages with huts that are a bit more complex than, say, a bird nest. Cloud serpents could be lumped into wind serpents or just serpents.

Like rhinos being turned into clefthooves, perhaps porcupines could be expanded into "rodents" or something (even though I'm not even sure that a porcupine is a rodent). The gazelles that were originally critters in the Barrens were made into tamable beasts, this could be applied to several rodent-type creatures running around Pandaria.

Basically, just give us everything so you won't have to ask anymore, you magnificent muffin-headed man.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Theres some folks replying to that tweet for gnome hunters and mechanical pets.

Curious idea!
Keilden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zenedar

Unread post by Keilden »

Maggots!