Gnome hunters!

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Gnome hunters!

Unread post by pop »

My theory is that in Legion, Gnome's racial is going to be updated into this;

Engineering Specialization
gnome racial
Racial Passive
Engineering skill increased by 15 and allows Gnome hunters to tame mechanical type creatures.
Doc Privas
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Doc Privas »

Well, I won't play one, but still happy for those who wanted them playable! :)

Cloudstrider - Highmountain Tauren Hunter
Argent Dawn EU

Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

Wait, what?!

Yeeeeees!

Maybe they could do full-size pets with mecha-armour. I'm so excited for this I even considered race-changing Bangeall. I probably won't, but I need a gnome hunter. With giant pets. I love, love, love the image of a gnome hunter with their their faithful devilsaur/clefthoof/hydra by their side. ^^
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Race change is out of the question for me. I'll re roll and start a fresh new hunter. A pink haired female gnome hunter.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

pop wrote:Race change is out of the question for me. I'll re roll and start a fresh new hunter. A pink haired female gnome hunter.
This is me as well...omg this'll be fun! Go tame Kurken at 12, it'll look awesome!
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

How does a gnome tame a beast without being eaten? :mrgreen:
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

That's cool for the people who want one :3
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

Oh wow. That's awesome. I thought it was a joke at first. I've always wanted a female gnome hunter lol

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Bristlenose wrote:How does a gnome tame a beast without being eaten? :mrgreen:
They're not that much smaller than Goblins. So... "carefully" would be the correct answer.

Slapperfish

Unread post by Slapperfish »

*anxiously awaits the inevitable RoboJorm*
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Happy for the people who want them but the robot chicken pet makes me suspicious of a little joke going on here. o_- if anything i would assume its just a funny placeholder or something. after all the class identity stuff they have been chattering about nonstop, adding robotic pets to hunters sounds like something that would really shatter what they are building. And i doubt gnomes will be getting any special treatment like that. it would probably cause a lot of complaints. (not to mention from then on out when people ask for elementals, dragons, undead, humanoid, ect pets they can argue that we can all ready tame robots so why not just keep pushing the limits?)

so yeah, keeping a close and suspicious eye on that one- but for those who wanted gnome hunters: yay gnomes!
we said goblins were too small to be hunters and undead couldn't be hunters because their pets would try to run off with their bones. but we already have those options available so i see no reason why gnomes would be any different. about time!

now if only we could get some more druid options. only two races per faction is so incredibly limiting vrs all the other class options...

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I can only assume they're doing this to tie in with the lore behind the BM gun coming from Mimiron (a robot gnome...alright??), so I wouldn't be surprised if it's intended. Either way it doesn't really affect me since I can't stand gnomes. :P But I'm glad for those who have wanted them.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I think it's just because so many people have requested a gnome hunter. It's going to make a lot of people happy ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by Kalasta »

Sorry, but no...just....NO...

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Equeon wrote:Pretty simple, you'd just need new beast NPCs using those skins. If the robochicken is more than a starting pet and is an actual NPC, that would be the same way. :D
Except those skins are made for things too tiny to be hunter pets, you can't just slap a skin on something 5X what it's made for and hope it's going to work, it won't. :mrgreen:

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Hopefully the Art team will have time to generate a few higher quality mechanical skins based on existing / newer beast models. Sometimes, like the mecha-toucan, they can just place the skin on the existing model and have it look fine.

The problem with some of the minipet mechanicals is that even the recent ones with the highest quality can't be enlarged much without looking plastic. Once you blow them up to the size of a normal NPC, things like cogs curve to fit the body and it starts to look more like a rubber body suit. They really need finer details to look that large.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

What if...

This is not real so don't freak!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Wain wrote:Hopefully the Art team will have time to generate a few higher quality mechanical skins based on existing / newer beast models. Sometimes, like the mecha-toucan, they can just place the skin on the existing model and have it look fine.

The problem with some of the minipet mechanicals is that even the recent ones with the highest quality can't be enlarged much without looking plastic. Once you blow them up to the size of a normal NPC, things like cogs curve to fit the body and it starts to look more like a rubber body suit. They really need finer details to look that large.
Yeah, Like you mentioned, there is this fellow that could be a scorpid?

But then Mechanical beasts might end up in thier own family group "Mecha Beasts" or something that consists of multiple famlily looks (like Spiritbeasts).

Oh and if they really are giving us robot chickens, I want a robot (preferably explosive) sheepy too! :D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

An updated Grindgear/A-Me gorilla would be a fantastic pet for gnomish beast masters. For survival, I imagine less of a comical tinker, and more of a wiry, vicious tribal gnome that escaped from Zul Gurub (like those guys who escaped all the way to the bone wastes in Terrokkar forest). A gnome that can tame a raptor without being eaten would be a formidable fighter.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I do think it's real but I suspect the current pet is just a placeholder they thought would be funny.

But seriously, gnomes INVENTED guns, scopes, goggles, targeting systems...

If goblins can be hunters, and their only relationship to nature has ever been to blow up the ever-flippin-hell out of it, then there's absolutely no reason to bar the class to gnomes.

Imma roll one and get her a devilsaur because you better believe I am.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket