Pet model images for Legion

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Pet model images for Legion

Unread post by Vephriel »

I love the new raven model so much, but I just wish its wings were connected fully. The eagles don't have this problem, but for some reason the raven's wings are only connected at a small point on the "shoulder" and then there's this noticeable gap between the rest of the wings and the body. ><

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_061516_235908.png
WoWScrnShot_061516_235908.png (522.94 KiB) Viewed 3355 times
Kerafirewing
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune (Used to be Uldaman)
Location: Grooming my pets by the stable master in the Tauren District.

Unread post by Kerafirewing »

PLEASE!!!!! For the love of all that is holy, if anyone can toss it to the devs in beta or such, SAVE OLD VICEJAW!!!!!! He is BEAUTIFUL on Live and no longer available. Yet he is utterly destroyed by the ugly new models. He is my most precious pet. He is the entire reason I will tame a bear at all on any hunter I create. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! Put the word out to save him while there is still time!!! I found out about the tragedy earlier tonight when I finally got to copy my hunter to the PTR. I literally cried and screamed in pain because it hurt so much. Bjarn and other rares are not touched. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OLD VICEJAW MUST BE SAVED! I have tweeted pictures of him from live to everyone I can think of but fear it will not be listened to. This pet means everything to me. To the point I would unsub if left as it is on the PTR. He cannot be replaced and the situation of my being able to tame him when I did is a memory I don't want to lose. Yet it was entirely because of his look that I tamed him when I was lucky enough to find him up during wrath.
My precious guardians
Other hunters: Tobias, Roxie, Kynsia, Jaystus, Kegtapper, Noriana, Cleo, Lakota, Romulus, Roxie, Solari, Sahkura, Syren, Ladywolf
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Trust me, many of us feel your pain. Regardless of whether people like the new model or not, few believe it was appropriately similar to switch the old bears to it. The designers know that, we've been very vocal, but the most they would concede is allowing Shem to set one of each colour to the old model (which we're very grateful for!).

Some devs read this forum. You can also try Twitter. But maybe the best approach is to start a thread on the PTR forum and post the link here. Maybe others that are just realizing what their old pets look like on the PTR will want to post as well. But like I said, the area designers are already well aware of the sentiment and haven't backtracked to date, so I wouldn't be too optimistic :(
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Vephriel wrote:I love the new raven model so much
I really love them too, though personally they seem a little big for my taste, I really enjoyed the size of Raven prior (though really struggled to get past how bad they looked) :?

I'm very curious to find out if any that had different sizes prior still have that trait, or if they have all been normalized?

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Vephriel

SpiritBinder wrote:
Vephriel wrote:I love the new raven model so much
I really love them too, though personally they seem a little big for my taste, I really enjoyed the size of Raven prior (though really struggled to get past how bad they looked) :?

I'm very curious to find out if any that had different sizes prior still have that trait, or if they have all been normalized?
I agree, it would be nice if they were a bit smaller. :(
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Raven looks really nice. But yeah it looks way too big. Poor little Alfred will look like he's on steroids. :lol:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm more concerned about the wing gap than I am the size. But yes, a fix to both would be great!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It looks like at least one new bat (Tormented Bloodseeker, untameable last I checked) is using a mixed combination of body and wing skins, i.e. not the skins that were originally designed to go together. Armoured bat mount wings (but not bodies) can be included in this mix because they don't contain armour or saddle art. As a result I've taken shots of all possible combinations, which you can view in a table here (click on a thumb to view the large image):

[table=border:1px solid #CDBEE9; background-color:#DCFFDC; border-collapse:collapse;color:#35336F; padding:5px 10px; vertical-align:middle; text-align:center][tr][td]Body→
Wings ↓
[/td]
[td]Green[/td]
[td]Grey[/td]
[td]Troll[/td]
[td]Undead[/td]
[td]White[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Green[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Grey[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Troll[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Undead[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Image[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]White[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]EpicBatMountBlack[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]EpicBatMountGold[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]EpicBatMountSilver[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Image[/td][/tr][/table]

Clearly, some of these work a lot better than others. For example the wings for the "undead" skin and the "epicbatmountblack" skin have a very similar palette, but the brightness and intensity gives the bat a different overall look, i.e.:

Regular "undead" skin bat :

"undead" skin bat with wings from black armoured mount :

On the other hand, some combinations are less harmonious :

Image Image

:mrgreen:

I've included them all for interest and completeness, however.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Man, say what you will, but if the white bat with red webbing had appropriate finger color, I would use it. A bloody albino bat with an ugly face like that would be an awesome abomination like Chromaggus and Chimaeron. I'm not a big fan of bats considering how absolutely TERRIBLE they are in terms of scale (They need to be much bigger), but I'd use a white bat with red wings.
Vephriel

WerebearGuy wrote:Man, say what you will, but if the white bat with red webbing had appropriate finger color, I would use it. A bloody albino bat with an ugly face like that would be an awesome abomination like Chromaggus and Chimaeron. I'm not a big fan of bats considering how absolutely TERRIBLE they are in terms of scale (They need to be much bigger), but I'd use a white bat with red wings.
Agreed, the blood red would be so striking against a white bat.

Though wow, the main reason I don't use bats often is I find them too big in game with their enormous wingspan. :lol:
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Hah, yeah, same. If they were the same size as say the hawks-with-ears I'd probably use one but they're so huge they clip across my character and man does that bug me.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

The good news: the rocket chicken model *does* exist in the game. In the goblin starting area:

The bad news:

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_061716_195846.jpg
WoWScrnShot_061716_195846.jpg (150.68 KiB) Viewed 3846 times
WoWScrnShot_061716_195851.jpg
WoWScrnShot_061716_195851.jpg (259.22 KiB) Viewed 3846 times
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yes, there are a few Rocket Chicken models in game (Battle Pets, mobs in Violet Hold, etc), but sadly, none are tamable :(
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Kurasu wrote:The good news: the rocket chicken model *does* exist in the game. In the goblin starting area:
Nice try though, I'd forgotten about that one :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

It's unlikely they'd make that one tamable as it'd mean that model was untouchable by anything except goblin hunters.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kurasu wrote:The good news: the rocket chicken model *does* exist in the game. In the goblin starting area:
Thanks for checking! :) Is your character still in the area that you could get details? NPC ID, and area name as well as zone? I'll add it to our list even if it is untameable. Thanks! :)
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Wain wrote:Thanks for checking! :) Is your character still in the area that you could get details? NPC ID, and area name as well as zone? I'll add it to our list even if it is untameable. Thanks! :)
Yes and no. I can't get it from the character (I only leveled him to check that then deleted) but I can get it off Wowhead:

Mechachicken NPC

The exact area name within the zone, I can't recall. :( Other than him being beside the lake and occasionally swimming through it.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It is in the Scorched Gully in the Lost Isles :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks guys :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote:Man, say what you will, but if the white bat with red webbing had appropriate finger color, I would use it. A bloody albino bat with an ugly face like that would be an awesome abomination like Chromaggus and Chimaeron. I'm not a big fan of bats considering how absolutely TERRIBLE they are in terms of scale (They need to be much bigger), but I'd use a white bat with red wings.
Yeah, if the design had still used the body skin for the frame/fingers of the wings (I think the Outland-style windserpents do that?), and the wing skin was only used for the webbing, then it would probably have blended well no matter the combo.