Two Active Pets for BM in Legion?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Two Active Pets for BM in Legion?

Unread post by Ana »

Kalhoun wrote:I'm not a fan of the two pet thing, especially if it's a beast I don't get to choose. If we do end up getting the ability to choose from our stable, I'd feel slightly better about it, but would probably just use the tiniest pet possible. I'm actually looking forward to trying out SV, the BM changes aren't exciting me very much.

Still wishing Beast Mastery would just mean that I can use any pet for any situation; training it to give whatever buff I need at the time. I want to use my toaster wolf for everything!
Soo much this. I love my snowleopard but she rarely get used because i need the heal spirit beast has. I would looove if we could choose any model we wanted and give them the ability we needed..not that i play wow anymore though..but it still be cool

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

I am kinda let down on this aswell. The whole thing is a real bummer. least they can do is the glyph for a pet from your call pets like said already or improve the look of the wolf. Now what I think would be nice is if they made Haiti more like his mythical counter part like they did with skoll. Make him more like red and fire like instead. Like when lightning strikes it causes fire and from the flames Haiti is born to assist the master or beasts. Maybe something more along that line would make it so much better.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

With the Alpha back up, looks like MMO-Champ is back at work. I noticed this on the front page:

My guess is this is also related to Titanspark, but of course not sure. But I'm placing my guess on that Hati is going to change colors/looks based on our weapons' appearance (since there are a few variants). Either that or a lot of spirit beasts, but doubtful since this looks very reminiscent of the druid-form variants, but with a Hunter-pet feel.

Source of image: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/541 ... uild-20914

Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

I feel like it would be too broken if Bm hunters were allowed to have more than one pet. Unless Hati is half worthless. If I remember we can already summon a barrage of pets from different specs
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Victorelle wrote:I feel like it would be too broken if Bm hunters were allowed to have more than one pet. Unless Hati is half worthless. If I remember we can already summon a barrage of pets from different specs
I mean... that is what's going to happen, so...

The artifacts are a huge power boost to all classes, so I don't think having an additional pet for BM is really that crazy, especially if the damage scaling is toned down a little compared to the "regular" pet.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Rikaku wrote:With the Alpha back up, looks like MMO-Champ is back at work. I noticed this on the front page:

My guess is this is also related to Titanspark, but of course not sure. But I'm placing my guess on that Hati is going to change colors/looks based on our weapons' appearance (since there are a few variants). Either that or a lot of spirit beasts, but doubtful since this looks very reminiscent of the druid-form variants, but with a Hunter-pet feel.

Those look AWFUL. Ugh. If they're meant for different Hati colors with that gun I will be changing specs. :cry:

Least Blizzard could have done was given that poor wolf a good grooming and maybe a meal. "Modernized" him especially if he is intended to be Hati.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Hmm I think you may be right Zed :|

Looking at the new varients, the colours of the lighting (the internal glow) of these 4 new skins match and line up with the colours of the glowing "Power source/gem" in the titan strike, exactly.

Red

Blue

Purple

Green

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I still can't believe they're giving us a recycled model that's 4 expansions old for our LEGENDARY ARTIFACT. I'm let down enough by the forced pet and ugly guns (subjective), but man, they really couldn't have made just one new beast model to be used for it? :/
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

I completely agree, I mean if they used the new worgs from WoD, yeah ok I kinda get it, they are only one expansion old, it would still annoy me, but I'd forgive them. Give them a fancy aura, some cool visual effects, they could look pretty good.

But the Saber Worg.... it's 4 expansions old?? Ok sure you might be trying to tie in the fantasy of Skoll and Hati (and skoll has that model) and I do understand the fact that this particular model already has an electrical ball of pulsing energy at its core (that ties in nicely with the Titan strike)... but I'm still kinda shocked and really sad if this turns out to be true.

And I have a really bad feeling that if they have already gone to the trouble of making these recoloured versions, it's probably the "Jobs done/Too hard" basket to have a newer model created for the artefact. I will sure be requesting one via feedback, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I'm now just hoping/praying to glob that there is a glyph or something that I can use to swap out the look of Hati, which is really really sad as I already knew I was going to Transmog the titan strike, and now hoping/praying to do the same to its guardian, not really looking forward to this expansions "shining new feature" from a visual perspective :|

­
­
­
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

Vephriel wrote:I still can't believe they're giving us a recycled model that's 4 expansions old for our LEGENDARY ARTIFACT. I'm let down enough by the forced pet and ugly guns (subjective), but man, they really couldn't have made just one new beast model to be used for it? :/
This. I saw these on tumblr and I'm... hugely let down? Borderline appalled? I have zero desire to have any of these by my side. Don't get me wrong, I love my Skoll. But that's the only color for that pet model I like, because they picked my favorite color the first time around. These are all hideous. And the model looks so out of place.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

zedxrgal wrote:
Rikaku wrote:With the Alpha back up, looks like MMO-Champ is back at work. I noticed this on the front page:

Those look AWFUL. Ugh. If they're meant for different Hati colors with that gun I will be changing specs. :cry:

Least Blizzard could have done was given that poor wolf a good grooming and maybe a meal. "Modernized" him especially if he is intended to be Hati.

Yeah, that's my feelings on the matter. I mean honestly, I love the freaking color combos presented here, and if we were still in Wrath, I'd be losing my mind over these guys. But really it's kind of lame to get such old models now. Especially when we have amazing Draenor models at the very least to work with?

I mean if our 'guardian' has to be Hati, then why can't we at least get this guy to work with?

At least then I'd be like "well its a draenor model, I'll live." and the "glow-look" of this wolf looks better than the whole "glow clashes and sticks out through the body in random places" Wrath-wolves.

Tily
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Tily »

Just chiming in to say that while I would love BM's to get two active pets for spec-identity, I dearly hope that we are not stuck with Hati, especially this old model - Let us choose! I have so many pets sitting in my stable that I would love to use and spent a ton of time on finding and taming. Just say no to anorexic-wolf!
Juxia

Unread post by Juxia »

Those recolours are not filling me with hope that they're suddenly going to pull an amazing new model out of the bag for us :(

It seems odd to me that they're clearly spending a lot of time and effort creating updated models for existing beasts (which, aside from the bear, are mostly amazing and very appreciated) but then it appears our artifact guardian is just a few recolours of an old and rather fugly (especially with the "leaking" glow going on) model.
Rikaku wrote:I mean if our 'guardian' has to be Hati, then why can't we at least get this guy to work with?

At least then I'd be like "well its a draenor model, I'll live." and the "glow-look" of this wolf looks better than the whole "glow clashes and sticks out through the body in random places" Wrath-wolves.
Totally agree with this, if we're going to be stuck with a recycled wolf at least use a nicer model for the base!!
zedxrgal

Rikaku wrote:Image
Yes yes! This wolfie would do nicely.

MAKE IT HAPPEN BLIZZARD!

HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

WAIT!!! There might still be hope. take it with a pinch of salt. sense the colors might be tide to the guns color MAYBE they will give different wolf modles of hati depending on the guns skin will determine what wolf modle hati takes aswell as the colors like with the druids cat forms. So we can choose which wolf modle we prefer. Cross your fingers. I might be wrong on this.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

HunterFTW wrote:WAIT!!! There might still be hope. take it with a pinch of salt. sense the colors might be tide to the guns color MAYBE they will give different wolf modles of hati depending on the guns skin will determine what wolf modle hati takes aswell as the colors like with the druids cat forms. So we can choose which wolf modle we prefer. Cross your fingers. I might be wrong on this.
So you are saying each gun version gets its own pet and then with that, four different colorations to go with the gun colors? Innnnnteeeeeerrstingg.

I don't know if that is how it is going to be because with this being Hati, brother to Skoll who is already in the game I doubt it. I think they want the same model for both brothers. But isn't the new model boss wolf-the draw or wolf with all the spears in him supposed to be their father? That could be reason for a different model per gun skin.

If we get options other than the 4 year old with model as our second pet I would be much happier about the gun to say the least-I focus on my pets in the end more over then weapon I have on hand.
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

That's pretty much what I'm thinking. As for hati needing to look like Skoll we would have a choice on how this family photo will look. Hati can have a different model and color compared to Skoll OR Same model as skoll but different color. They can't be expect BM hunters to be using Skoll ALL the time with Hati. In my personal preference I choose Loque'nahak mostly. So I would probably prefer a new model wolf to go with my kitty when fighting regardless on if the family resemblance is believable or not.

But like I said before I could be wrong on this and just giving myself false hope but it can at least be an idea for Blizz seeing how a lot of people are not happy with Hati in general. If your gona give me choice on my look I want my pets to look cool aswell.
zedxrgal

Shade wrote:So you are saying each gun version gets its own pet and then with that, four different colorations to go with the gun colors? Innnnnteeeeeerrstingg.
I already figured this is why there are four different colors. That wasn't the issue for me. Kinda cool the colors of wolf match the stage of upgrade the gun is set to have. What IS NOT cool is using such a horrible out dated model.
I LOVE Skoll. Trust me. He's my alliance main's constant companion but I was really really hoping for something like this, that would be required usage for the boost it would provide, would be a completely new model.

I really really dislike that Blizzard does this. Amazing new expansions graphically and they put an eight year old model into the new zones. Truly sit and think about that for a second. There are vanilla WoW creatures in MoP (looking at you bats, snakes, etc)!!!!!!

I get it. I do. It's in no way easy to create a completely new model. It's time consuming and as such not cheap. However I do feel the game is going to need a full remodel sooner rather than later. I could get into reasons why but that is not what this thread is about. :lol:

For this first time since 2004 I am probably not going to be a BM hunter if this makes it into game as it currently sits. Which really saddens me.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

zedxrgal wrote: I get it. I do. It's in no way easy to create a completely new model. It's time consuming and as such not cheap. However I do feel the game is going to need a full remodel sooner rather than later. I could get into reasons why but that is not what this thread is about. :lol:
I understand too, but then they have this brand new wolf model that could have been so easily used/modified ever so slightly...

They would not have to have done much, remove the spears and scars/runes, etc. And I've mentioned it before, the amount of work that druid ferals and also bears have received for their artifact models are astonishing. I'm not saying they should not have done it, but couldn't they just use just one new model for the BM Class's Artifact? it would have been nice....

­
­
­
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

SpiritBinder wrote:
zedxrgal wrote: I get it. I do. It's in no way easy to create a completely new model. It's time consuming and as such not cheap. However I do feel the game is going to need a full remodel sooner rather than later. I could get into reasons why but that is not what this thread is about. :lol:
I understand too, but then they have this brand new wolf model that could have been so easily used/modified ever so slightly...

They would not have to have done much, remove the spears and scars/runes, etc. And I've mentioned it before, the amount of work that druid ferals and also bears have received for their artifact models are astonishing. I'm not saying they should not have done it, but couldn't they just use just one new model for the BM Class's Artifact? it would have been nice....
I agree. The new Fenryr wolf looks good and should have been used for our artifact. I do like Skoll but considering that a lot of people are feeling so-so about the gun, or completely hate it, the least they could have done was to give us a that new wolf model instead of one that's around 8 years old. So far this is just going to piss off a lot of people outside of this forum when they find out eventually.
ImageImage