Two Active Pets for BM in Legion?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Two Active Pets for BM in Legion?

Unread post by Wain »

HunterFTW wrote:Ok So to give a better image of what I was talking about when I said the guns skins effect hati wolf modle. I know its sloppy cause I used paint (sew me) but I hope it gives a better idea. So the wolf modle would be with the guns skin and then add the colors to the skins will change the wolf's color. This is just an example though.
They've already added the other Hati colours to the database, and they pretty much correspond with the gun's glows (blue, gren, red, purple... there's no specific yellow but they may have decided to be frugal and have the yellow/green count for both?)

Having the base wolf model (as well as colour) change with the gun would be kinda cool, but I don't think they're going that way. We'd need other wolf models that each had the same range of glow colours but we're not seeing that. And since this is a specific wolf (Hati) it might be weird if she changes shape too greatly. The colouration may be as far as they'll go with it.

Then again, we do have Draenor wolves with lightning, fel, void and fire effects, so the colours would be pretty much covered if they did decide to use that model for one of the gun models. Like Hati on steroids.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

even if they didn't plan to go that route its atleast something to consider. Even if the big model change is extreme in lore perspective but even in lore perspective it could be cool. Like with fable 2 your K9 changing to over time depending on certain things. In this case the gun and the wolf changes (while doesn't have to be extreme) aswell. But again its just an idea they could consider or not.
f1nr
Realm: Lightbringer EU

Unread post by f1nr »

So, remember those lightning wolf and his snowy friend? Apparently they are new Enh Shaman wolves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlIYliU9VEQ

I'm still hoping for a new Hati model...
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Awwwwwww, dang it!

The lighting one looks so good too... :|

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Blech! Why does the class with a 30 second ability get the high-res and fancy model with special effects, whereas the one with a permanent summoned guardian is stuck with a recolored one from 8 years ago?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

f1nr wrote:So, remember those lightning wolf and his snowy friend? Apparently they are new Enh Shaman wolves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlIYliU9VEQ

I'm still hoping for a new Hati model...
Ah wow. I'll be happy with those on my shammy.

It doesn't mean there won't be a tameable rare for hunters somewhere, though. There are precedents for being able to tame the same looks as shaman spirit wolves :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

... though maybe not right away. I can imagine them wanting to let them be unique to shammies for a while first, but who knows? We're still to see a tameable fire one of that model, and the light tan one. Hopefully soon :) Ooo and they should totally make a black-and-red Nightmare one!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Wain wrote:Ooo and they should totally make a black-and-red Nightmare one!
One can #dream :)

Attachments
NightmareWolf.jpg
NightmareWolf.jpg (198.52 KiB) Viewed 3258 times

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Equeon wrote:Blech! Why does the class with a 30 second ability get the high-res and fancy model with special effects, whereas the one with a permanent summoned guardian is stuck with a recolored one from 8 years ago?
This. I mean, I get that we get some nice new pets, so we're getting treated well in that regard.

But all the druid forms, these wolves, and BM is stuck with a recoloured Skoll. I really - really don't like that model.

And I know Hati is supposed to be related to Skoll (at least in mythology) so it makes sense, but as counterpoint, I'd give Fenryr, who has the new model.

Really, the WoD or Legion wolf model (granted it has glowing eyes - I don't like the Legion model's current eyes) would be amazing. You'd think they'd pay some attention to it.

I mean, they still can, but they usually don't really create custom skins for something that is placeholder, so my assumption is that it's intended to be the "final product" for now.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Juxia

Unread post by Juxia »

Equeon wrote:Blech! Why does the class with a 30 second ability get the high-res and fancy model with special effects, whereas the one with a permanent summoned guardian is stuck with a recolored one from 8 years ago?
I must admit, this was my first thought as well. It seems at odds with how much effort they're putting into some things (all the new tameables, the really nice updated skins, the fancy shammy wolves) to use such an old model for what seems to be quite a major element of our new spec mythos.

I'm hoping the recoloured Skolls do turn out to be place holders but, like others, I can't help wondering why they bothered making the new versions if they're only placeholders......
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

My feelings /thoughts EXACTLY. Felt kinda like WTF. Shaman's get these badass Draenor wolves while we're stuck with a NR worg. :evil:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

I love that those wolves are for shaman, every class deserves something special. Shaman have the Doomhammer and already have Feral Spirits as a spell, they constantly use it, Doom Wolves adds the fury of the elements to their wolves. I mean tbh, Shaman's are by and by the wolf class. They've always been heavily tied to wolves. Yeah it sucks Hati is a NR worg but stomping all over shaman's and blaming them and saying they shouldn't have cool stuff too because you're unhappy isn't cool and feels really crappy. And yes I say this as an enhance shammy who is overjoyed I get something neat. Don't forget that other classes besides hunters should get cool stuff too. :/

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

N'jala wrote:I love that those wolves are for shaman, every class deserves something special. Shaman have the Doomhammer and already have Feral Spirits as a spell, they constantly use it, Doom Wolves adds the fury of the elements to their wolves. I mean tbh, Shaman's are by and by the wolf class. They've always been heavily tied to wolves. Yeah it sucks Hati is a NR worg but stomping all over shaman's and blaming them and saying they shouldn't have cool stuff too because you're unhappy isn't cool and feels really crappy. And yes I say this as an enhance shammy who is overjoyed I get something neat. Don't forget that other classes besides hunters should get cool stuff too. :/
I think you're missing the point that is being made and being needlessly defensive.

No one is saying that "Shaman should not get cool stuff".

The example was given that Shaman get a new wolf skin to go along with a new short-term ability, while BM Hunters get an old skin for a new obligatory permanent companion.
The point being that at this point in time, it feels like more work was put into other class's new special abilities than was put into Hunters', which are the de facto "pet class".

So no one is "stomping" on anyone. It is only being pointed out that at this time other classes appear to have more effort put into the updating of their spells and effects than BM hunters.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

WingedCaduceus
Realm: Borean Tundra

Unread post by WingedCaduceus »

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

SpiritBinder wrote:Image
i love this so much :shock: I'd call it BombPop
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh I missed that recolour. Great job on the Nightmare wolf look :). Add a nightmare shimmer and that would be amazing. :)

Actually there is a nightmare shimmer effect that is applied to a lot of mobs in the infected areas, but it would probably be lost on taming :(
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Yep. This isn't over, folks.

Also, I just noticed Hati now gets healed when you use Mend Pet. It's only for about ~30% of what your main pet gets healed, but it's nice to have some healing on her. Next step is letting us control her!
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

I just hope that, if they (allow us to) change the appearance of Hati, her brother's appearance will also change to match hers. It wouldn't do for him to look like a Northrend worg while his sister looks like one of those nice Broken Isles wolves.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

This is in regard to warlocks' 'Summon Beholder' but I'm sure it's the reason for Hati's weirdnesses as well...

• Pet AI in general has some bugs with responsiveness right now. Those'll get fixed.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Looks like we're getting a new Hati model! At least I hope it's her...

ImageImage