Two Active Pets for BM in Legion?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Juxia

Re: Two Active Pets for BM in Legion?

Unread post by Juxia »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:Looks like we're getting a new Hati model! At least I hope it's her...

That last one :shock: Whatever it is I need it!!

I do hope you're right and that these are new models for Hati, so much better than the recycled Skoll model.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

That wolf model would be great as a real pet, but I'm still not happy about the obligatory third wheel, and it being the same as every other BM's hunter.
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

Well, it's abit better than the old model, but still, I'm with Xota, I wish we could just choose one of our own pets as the 3rd wheel.

Just have it imbuned with the spirit of Hati and get the lightning skin or something.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

13thmaiden wrote:Just have it imbuned with the spirit of Hati and get the lightning skin or something.
I actually think that would be a really neat idea! Have some sort of lightning effect that could be applied on any mob (granted I have no idea how difficult this would be or what it would involve), and then it's applied to our pet instead and we have the choice to have them imbued with that visually to still represent the artifact.
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Vephriel wrote:
13thmaiden wrote:Just have it imbuned with the spirit of Hati and get the lightning skin or something.
I actually think that would be a really neat idea! Have some sort of lightning effect that could be applied on any mob (granted I have no idea how difficult this would be or what it would involve), and then it's applied to our pet instead and we have the choice to have them imbued with that visually to still represent the artifact.

It's actually not that difficult, it's mostly just time consuming since they'd to either figure a way to overlay a skin on each pet-type model (which not that hard, just we have so many pets they'd have to go through, though basic design skin would lay over like the crackling effect on sky serpent mounts), or they would have to decide if they wanted to make just a random effect, like shooting lightning from their bodies as an attack on targets (which would be easiest and just make various colored lightning). They could always just make a base lightning/special skin that whatever one you chose, it's skin would revert to that one. IE: I choose my pink crocolisk, and out pops a lightning skin crocolisk, ect. That could cause some annoyance if someone had a particular pet they wanted both out, and the programming there could be a bitch, I mostly know from designing models and skins, I don't know the programming side.

Thing is, because it's time consuming, (because they most likely would have to make various 'color' skins for the levels) they won't do it, and making the guns was easier.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

Overlaying a skin would require an animated electricity skin for every possible tamed pet, because of how skins get stretched. Electrified Razortooth and Thundertail Flapper (minipets) have a electric special effect that could be attached to any pet, though.
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Xota wrote:Overlaying a skin would require an animated electricity skin for every possible tamed pet, because of how skins get stretched. Electrified Razortooth and Thundertail Flapper (minipets) have a electric special effect that could be attached to any pet, though.
Yeah, that's why having some kind of electrical special effect would be more reasonable. That's not to say they couldn't do the overlay, it would just be so time consuming that it's very unlikely they would do it.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

There is still this effect that they could potentially utilize for an all over...

Speaking of which (sorry a little off topic) but Bestial Wrath in legion now applies this all effect to you and you pet, It's no longer big red pet. It's a very subtle effect, hardly any red at all. Hopefully they'll re look at it and it's a WIP.
Will try get a pic of it later tonight.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

SpiritBinder wrote:There is still this effect that they could potentially utilize for an all over...

Speaking of which (sorry a little off topic) but Bestial Wrath in legion now applies this all effect to you and you pet, It's no longer big red pet. It's a very subtle effect, hardly any red at all. Hopefully they'll re look at it and it's a WIP.
Will try get a pic of it later tonight.

Yeah, there's still some things they could do, but at this point I really doubt they'll scrap their gun creations *sigh* I mean I could live with the guns (however ugly XD) if they just changed the Hati third wheel into something like the 'power of Hati' which, like I said, your chosen secondary pet gets an effect or something that denotes them as 'imbued with the power of Hati'

But omg, they took our giant red raging!? WHAT?! BLIZZ C'MON!! *cries* That's like iconic for BMs ;_; (well atleast for me XD)
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

I am glad bestial wrath won't be big red, as much as it's going to be up. Plus a lot of pets looked bad big and red.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Xota wrote:I am glad bestial wrath won't be big red, as much as it's going to be up. Plus a lot of pets looked bad big and red.
Bah sorry, forgot to get pics (Got distract by something that.... Oh look Squirrel!) but the effect is all but there. It applies a glossy (all over shine) to you and your pet, and other wise a barely there pink tinge.

­
­
­
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

13thmaiden wrote: But omg, they took our giant red raging!? WHAT?! BLIZZ C'MON!! *cries* That's like iconic for BMs ;_; (well atleast for me XD)

I have the same feeling. I seriously don't want a "pink tinge". That is not invoking the image of "wrath". I will admit, I'm biased because I also hate the color pink. So hopefully it can at least be red, not pink like I've heard from a few people now.

Man, I like the idea of them making BW a bigger focus this expansion, but why'd they tweak it like this? If anything, make this new visual a glyph or something so people who want it have it, and people who don't want it, don't have to have it. Or vice versa and let the original BW be a glyph.

Man, it's like two steps forward, one step back every time I hear something about Legion :\

13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Rikaku wrote: I have the same feeling. I seriously don't want a "pink tinge". That is not invoking the image of "wrath". I will admit, I'm biased because I also hate the color pink. So hopefully it can at least be red, not pink like I've heard from a few people now.

Man, I like the idea of them making BW a bigger focus this expansion, but why'd they tweak it like this? If anything, make this new visual a glyph or something so people who want it have it, and people who don't want it, don't have to have it. Or vice versa and let the original BW be a glyph.

Man, it's like two steps forward, one step back every time I hear something about Legion :\

I can live with pink, but it doesn't invoke the image of rage like you said.

Which looks more like rage to you? XP

Typically for me on legion it's a step forward for everyone else, a boot to the head for BM.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

Maybe pink isn't the answer, but if I'd wanted a red devilsaur, I'd have just gotten one in a couple of minutes instead of camping Sholozar Basin for months.

They should spray blood from their mouths and claws instead.
Attachments
brd.png
brd.png (101 KiB) Viewed 3088 times
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Xota wrote:Image
Maybe pink isn't the answer, but if I'd wanted a red devilsaur, I'd have just gotten one in a couple of minutes instead of camping Sholozar Basin for months.

mmm....or foam from the mouth XD Or those anger vein pops you see in animes XD
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Xota wrote:Image

I can understand how its not everyone's cup of tea, which is why I said it should be a glyph or something, so that everyone wins.

Personally I love BW as it is on live on my pet. Nothing makes me happier than seeing my Spirit beast all big and red with glowing blue eyes and mouth; like a floating face in some of the darker dungeons or raids and I absolutely adore that.

But again, that's a matter of preference, which would make it perfect for being a minor glyph. At least in my opinion XD But bloody claws or something would be a neat effect too.

Of course, it could also be a WIP. Seems a lot of spell animations are getting updates. Maybe BW is getting a tweak, and this is just mid-WIP of the change?

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

For the new Bestial Wrath images, please pop over to this thread --> HERE <--

­
­
­
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Beast Mastery Hunter – Hati has a new model that varies based on selected artifact variant.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742665292
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Aroim wrote:Beast Mastery Hunter – Hati has a new model that varies based on selected artifact variant.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742665292
*excited*

Can't wait to see this for sure. I have a feeling it'll be that new wolf model, but I don't wanna get my hopes up too high XD

Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Hati 1.jpg
Hati 1.jpg (536.27 KiB) Viewed 3087 times
Hati 2.jpg
Hati 2.jpg (516.04 KiB) Viewed 3087 times
Hati 3.jpg
Hati 3.jpg (473.32 KiB) Viewed 3087 times