Two Active Pets for BM in Legion?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Two Active Pets for BM in Legion?

Unread post by Kalliope »

Please be new Hati models! If I could roll with that Hati and my Skoll, I'd be extremely happy. :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

That would be cool if it is Hati. However. I'm still not keen on having an uncontrolled beast. Still cannot wrap my head around it. But it's way early still.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Chocolate
Realm: EU-Stormscale

Unread post by Chocolate »

A second pet is very exciting, but it would be a hundred times more amazing if we were able to choose one of our own pets to be our second companion instead of just being given Hati..

But if we were stuck with Hati I really do hope they have a more updated model such as the Draenor wolves style! Image
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Also.... Welcome to the forums Chocolate!

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
sXe Angel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Vek'Nilash (US - Ally)

Unread post by sXe Angel »

Ick. I don't like the Northrend saber worg model. Don't tame 'em, ever. Can we have the option to use a classic dire wolf or the WoD wolf model for it? saber worg = pug fugly to me and would make me avoid playing BM at all costs if I get stuck with that hideous pet as my legendary weapon companion.
http://i28.tinypic.com/11szgx1.jpg
^Supports my theory that CM Punk would roll a hunter in WoW.^
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Hati
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Well that is very very disappointing. :( :cry:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Wait if that's Hati, then where is your other pet? That grey wolf isn't it, also can we name Hati or is that Hati in another language? :mrgreen:

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

You are reading it wrong and it didn't help that it is in another language. Look at the talents pop up thing-not in English. Hati does not have any floating text on his head-he is only identified by the text box in the lower right of the screen. The name you see floating over him is the name of the bird flying behind him. That Hati is paired with the Orc hunter Nichbm, who also has Bane the grey wolf, the bird is paired with the Tauren hunter in the background
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

K, I see what you're saying but I don't think it's all right. The bird has to belong to the gnome, see its name below Millira, also the it says von Millira, and why is Hati selected but it has the same portrait as the bird? Also that's not a Tauren, it has moose antlers so I'm guessing it's an NPC. :mrgreen:

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

You are right with who owns the bird in the image-I was on the phone earlier and didn't catch the character portraits-also apologies if I sounded clipped-I hate typing on that danged phone.

I think the Hati is selected but the bird's portrait is showing could perhaps be a glitch, as it is alpha? The gnome has no gun equipped nor abilities set up from the look of things-but the orc does have a gun across his back. I would think if the gnome had the gun that creates Hati, she would have something other than just call pet on her action bar as she would have had to go through the quest to get the gun?

Either way, not a big fan of that model of wolf-I like the vanilla wolves or draenor wolves personally. Going to hope that perhaps the wolf will change with the skin the gun has at least. Starting to think it is not likely but will keep my fingers crossed yet and comfort myself with the idea that they usually gave us glyphs to change the look of something in the past that many players disliked, hopefully they will allow us to have a toy or spell from a book or something that changes Hati's appearance.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Or make it not visible when not in combat. I don't want a third wheel, even if it were a fancy new wolf model that we could actually rename.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Also, Hati is a She ^.^

­
­
­
f1nr
Realm: Lightbringer EU

Unread post by f1nr »

Ehh, how cool would it be if we could simply use a second pet from our own stables, instead of a fixed name & fixed model?...
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

f1nr wrote:Ehh, how cool would it be if we could simply use a second pet from our own stables, instead of a fixed name & fixed model?...
The summon belongs to the gun.. not you.

The ideal solution would be for the gun to create an "electrified" clone of your active pet. Probably not realistic due to the work involved, but that would fit with the story of then gun.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

The Titanstrike quest explains why it's Hati specifically.

Here's the relevant dialogue from that part (spoilers): http://i.imgur.com/y0HcqXr.jpg

Also for those curious, Hati is dismissed if you dismiss your main pet. Hati can also take damage and die. If she dies, there is a 2 min debuff called "broken bond" before she is summoned again. I had to force this situation to test it out since it's not something that's going to happen much in practice (except maybe in pvp).
Last edited by Bendak on Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Bendak wrote:The Titanstrike quest explains why it's Hati specifically.

Here's the relevant dialogue from that part (spoilers): http://i.imgur.com/y0HcqXr.jpg
Thanks Bendak! Good to see clarification on that.. (and why my idea won't fit either).
Account has been closed at user's request.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Bendak wrote: Also for those curious, Hati is dismissed if you dismiss your main pet. Hati can also take damage and die. If she dies, there is a 2 min debuff called "broken bond" before she is summoned again. I had to force this situation to test it out since it's not something that's going to happen much in practice (except maybe in pvp).
She will not follow any orders to return/passive setting/etc. that is connected to your pet however.

If you send you pet in to attack, once you or you pet attach the target, then she joins the fray. She does not respond to any pet attack commands that you use for your main pet.

If she is chewin on a Mob/dummy, you have to dismiss your pet (and her) or unequip the gun or she will not stop, she is set to aggressive and you can't pull her off anything or command her to chew a target of your choosing.

If you unequip the gun to dismiss her, it is not instant, it still take a few seconds for her to dsspawn. Dismissing her via dismiss pet seems to be the fastest way to force off a target/out of combat, but unfortunately you are then forced to dismiss you main pet also.

She does not feel overly responsive, but again it may that because she technically belongs to the gun and is only as a guardian for you. Hopefully after a bit more testing feed back she feels more complimentary.

­
­
­
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Sounds 100% discouraging.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Sorry I hope my frustrations didn't come across as too negative, just sharing how she felt to me.

I think she will be awesome after a few tweaks, she is an entire classes artifact ability after all, we just need to leave some helpful feedback.... fingers X'ed :)

­
­
­