Two Active Pets for BM in Legion?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Two Active Pets for BM in Legion?

Unread post by Kalliope »

Wain wrote:I guess that doesn't solve the problem of matching pets though, just the lore explanation. I guess one thing they could do with the gun is add a special check for that one pet ID and if it's Skoll then change his aura to the new model too. Like, if oyu have a matching set he powers up. It would be extra work but not enormous, and it's a once-off special thing because they match.
Matching is a very important use of resources. ;)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Wain wrote:I guess that doesn't solve the problem of matching pets though, just the lore explanation. I guess one thing they could do with the gun is add a special check for that one pet ID and if it's Skoll then change his aura to the new model too. Like, if oyu have a matching set he powers up. It would be extra work but not enormous, and it's a once-off special thing because they match.
And the players that prefer the old model, they'd get screwed over. It's a lot of effort just so people can keep the same id for a pet behind the scenes. One of my most rewarding tames was the silithid/crab in barrens. I had to communicate with some random horde on a pvp server to get them to let me tame a summoned quest mob. Which I then had to level up like 40 levels. When WotLK came along, it became unusuable, so I tamed a lookalike and gave it the same name. Yes, it's a little frustrating. But only briefly, an id number that you never see isn't that big of a deal.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, there's always catches. It's difficult :( I can think of solutions to what you said, but of course the amount of code snowballs, gets very silly.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I figured I'd be the odd woman out in wanting Skoll to have an updated model. Forgive me. I don't think I clarified properly. I was more meaning his getting a model update like the bears, kodo, mana wyrms etc. A good grooming, meal or five, some spit & polish but stay true to his NR worg of old. That kind of new model, not a brand spanking new 2016 HOLY COW THAT'S DIFFERENT model that's going to make people /tableflip /nerdrage etc. But a cleaned up modern NR worg would be awesome.
And those recolors don't count. :lol:

But I love the idea of maybe doing a Gara type quest line to tame a new one. Although. Dare I say. To me. I don't think he'd still feel like Skoll. This next thought may be blasphemous (for lack of a better word) but why not have a new model, like the Draenor or Legion wolf models spawn on Skoll's spawn points at different times obviously in Storm Peaks to give hunters the option between the two like SB said .

I just think it'd be nice to see him modernized but still be Skoll.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

zedxrgal wrote:I figured I'd be the odd woman out in wanting Skoll to have an updated model. Forgive me. I don't think I clarified properly. I was more meaning his getting a model update like the bears, kodo, mana wyrms etc. A good grooming, meal or five, some spit & polish but stay true to his NR worg of old. That kind of new model, not a brand spanking new 2016 HOLY COW THAT'S DIFFERENT model that's going to make people /tableflip /nerdrage etc. But a cleaned up modern NR worg would be awesome.
And those recolors don't count. :lol:
But I love the idea of maybe doing a Gara type quest line to tame a new one. Although. Dare I say. To me. I don't think he'd still feel like Skoll. This next thought may be blasphemous (for lack of a better word) but why not have a new model, like the Draenor or Legion wolf models spawn on Skoll's spawn points at different times obviously in Storm Peaks to give hunters the option between the two like SB said .
I just think it'd be nice to see him modernized but still be Skoll.
Agreed, it would have been better. It seems like they considered it, given that the new saber worgs have a new model, "spectralsaberworg2", but they really did nothing much with it, at least not that was obvious. They gave it replacable particle colours and the skins created for it are a bit higher res, but the skins are the same format as the old and the model was just as rough as the original so the higher res skins weren't greatly beneficial. Given the artifact, it's a shame they didn't budget more time to updating that model properly instead of, say, the mana wyrms, which are nice and have a whole new skin format and all, but really only look a little bit different, there really wasn't much payoff.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

This showed up just now....

Beast Mastery Hunter – Several talents revised. In particular, Exotic Munitions has been replaced with Dire Frenzy, a replacement for Dire Beast for those Hunters that prefer to focus on improving their main pet.

Good lord yes. ONE BIG PET. I wonder if it supersedes Hati...

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

They mentioned this would be coming next patch, can't wait to test it!
  • Dire Frenzy triggers a flurry of attacks from your pet, grants an attack speed buff for several seconds, and immediately generates some Focus. It has a 15sec cooldown. It will work with all other talents and abilities that interact with Dire Beast, such as Wild Call (chance to reset its cooldown), One With the Pack (higher Wild Call chance), Dire Stable (more Focus generation), and Bestial Wrath (cooldown reduction on use). And if you get lucky with Wild Call procs, you will find that the attack speed buff can stack.
So will have even a longer cooldown than Dire Beast. My old cobrashot spamming finger is gonna be SO unfit this coming expansions, might have to start hitting the gym :lol:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

SpiritBinder wrote:They mentioned this would be coming next patch, can't wait to test it!
  • Dire Frenzy triggers a flurry of attacks from your pet, grants an attack speed buff for several seconds, and immediately generates some Focus. It has a 15sec cooldown. It will work with all other talents and abilities that interact with Dire Beast, such as Wild Call (chance to reset its cooldown), One With the Pack (higher Wild Call chance), Dire Stable (more Focus generation), and Bestial Wrath (cooldown reduction on use). And if you get lucky with Wild Call procs, you will find that the attack speed buff can stack.
So will have even a longer cooldown than Dire Beast. My old cobrashot spamming finger is gonna be SO unfit this coming expansions, might have to start hitting the gym :lol:
Get those muscles working SB XD *gives you finger weights* :D
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Hmmmmm, so I'm reading the tool tip, and Dire Frenzy doesn't look to be replacing Dire Beast... it's in addition? Either that or the info regarding is just missing.

But you''ll have to pick between, Stomp - Dire Frenzy - Chimera Shot

I''m just left thinking, Dire Frenzy now has to compete with Chimera shot as it's on the same tier, which means it really should be on par with the damage/bonus of both Dire Beast AND Chimera shot to be worth it... :|

­
­
­
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I don't even think they've -started- tuning phase though, really. In an ideal world, they'd all be more or less equivalent, but undoubtedly one will be the min/max choice when it all shakes out. Right now, Chimera shot falls into the 'uninteresting' category for me, at least. It's just... a big shot. Pew pew. It doesn't even do anything special. It doesn't even do anything chimeric.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Nachtwulf wrote:Right now, Chimera shot falls into the 'uninteresting' category for me, at least. It's just... a big shot. Pew pew. It doesn't even do anything special. It doesn't even do anything chimeric.
Compared to Dire Frenzy, Chimera is a great option for Cleaving as it will split and hit two targets if they are available, and also will restore focus per target hit. Also being on a 9 second cooldown you'll be able to hit it twice per Dire Frenzy's 15 seconds cooldown. Being ranged will make target swapping damage potentially faster too.

Tuning aside, Due to Dire frenzy's location on the same talent row as Chimera, if you pick it you will not be useing Dire Beast ans Chimera shot. Therefore it will have be in a similar damage output (what ever that may be) with the damage/bonus in of both Dire Beast AND Chimera shot to be worth it their replacement. And if anything Dire Frenzy should put out a little more damage single target due to it not cleaving.

­
­
­
Kysera

Unread post by Kysera »

Vephriel wrote:Looks like they're listening! :)
This... 100% really honestly just rekindled my previously-lost interest in the expansion :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Kysera wrote:
Vephriel wrote:Looks like they're listening! :)
This... 100% really honestly just rekindled my previously-lost interest in the expansion :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm still bothered by that "requires level 110" tag.

I HATE rushing to level cap, I like to take my time, experience the quests, the content, the experience.
I'm going to hate having that annoying wolf follow me around for 10 levels.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

it really is sad that we have to wait to be 110 for that.... I really can't think of a good reason, if they can put your model in a cinematic, then any cinematic involving your pet should also be able to swap models so that scratches the only reason they could have for this......

guess we just have to play Survival until max level then get the BM artifact, no offense to wolf lovers, I love a good wolf myself but FUCK THIS SHIT, 3 expansions centered on wolves, SoO had wolves, WoD had TONS of wolves, even as mounts and as special tames.... now we get to have a special pet...... a freaking wolf.....personally I love dinosaurs, but half the good dino models we got in the thunder king patch aren't tameable even in legion ( skyscreamers, armored direhorns and devilsaurs, half the armored raptor mounts )...... and I am sad to see that the transition to the next pet "trend" seems to be cats... mana saber mount, mana saber pet family... if they at LEAST could use an updated saber cat model... but no.... plain mountain lion....but hey at least we got unicorns now..............................................................................................

P.S. any news on those skyscreamers? And to be fair we can tame stegodons now... but they are more thunder lizard/kodo looking than a stegosaurus, diemetradons however, those would be nice :3
Also, any new serpent models? Just thinking since the survival talent summons a snake, a new hakkar based saber toothed snake or wind serpent might be nice :D

and NOBODY talk about those fugly, turkey faced, falcoraptors, those are not dinos as far as I'm concerned, spawn of jikun look more like proper raptor/bird crossovers, those falcoraptors make me shudder, it's like stitches in his summer bikini skin in hots... just wrong . :D
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Hati´s color with the Bow Version