Two Active Pets for BM in Legion?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Re: Two Active Pets for BM in Legion?

Unread post by Rikaku »

SpiritBinder wrote:
zedxrgal wrote: I get it. I do. It's in no way easy to create a completely new model. It's time consuming and as such not cheap. However I do feel the game is going to need a full remodel sooner rather than later. I could get into reasons why but that is not what this thread is about. :lol:
I understand too, but then they have this brand new wolf model that could have been so easily used/modified ever so slightly...

They would not have to have done much, remove the spears and scars/runes, etc. And I've mentioned it before, the amount of work that druid ferals and also bears have received for their artifact models are astonishing. I'm not saying they should not have done it, but couldn't they just use just one new model for the BM Class's Artifact? it would have been nice....

Whoah whoah whoah, I had to look up "Fenryr" cause I was like 'whoah that model is cool, where's that from?' lol

I understand that nothing's set in stone and I could be wrong about the models I posted above but... you're telling me there's that awesome wolf already in game in this expansion, and we're still likely to get this 7-8 yr old model?? Ok I was disappointed before, but if that's true, then I'm even more disappointed. I would honestly be fine with that wolf model (with or without some slight modifications), but that just puts the starving-wrath-worg to shame.

Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe we'll get a newer model going forward sometime in the future. Maybe? IDK I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed.

(But seriously that Fenryr wolf is awesome, 10/10 would tame, lol)

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Guns & "new" NR worgs

ImageImage

By seeing these next to each other it certainly indicates they're the Hati proc. :cry: Funny cause deep in my brain I was really hoping maybe they'd be placeholders but now after seeing this. Ugh.

Fenryr would be SICK as a pet (w/spears etc) but that is not something I am going to hope for since I believe he's an elite raid boss. But damn that'd be a really trick tame like the Draenor fel wolf is. Oooohhhh maybe even have some crazy quest like like Gara THEN trick tame. Gaw that'd be awesome.
Get on that Blizzard!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I REALLY hate the Hati model. All I see is a wolf wearing lights and too much lipstick. :| :mrgreen:

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Of all the wolf models, the Northrend one is by far my least favorite...Maybe if they gave it a graphical upgrade it would be ok...but to use such an old model, it's painful.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I like the Northrend wolf model. I don't like not having a choice. I don't like not having a choice about having a second pet, even if it weren't less controllable (I've never liked wild imps following me around, and I am dreading having third wheel Hati too). I don't like not having a choice in which pet it is. And although I do like the Northrend wolf model, I don't like how those examples look. Those special effects are not special.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Xota wrote:I like the Northrend wolf model. I don't like not having a choice. I don't like not having a choice about having a second pet, even if it weren't less controllable (I've never liked wild imps following me around, and I am dreading having third wheel Hati too). I don't like not having a choice in which pet it is. And although I do like the Northrend wolf model, I don't like how those examples look. Those special effects are not special.
This is how I feel basically. If it was a temporary summon sometimes, I suppose I could live with it, but when it sounds like this is going to be a permanent pet running around with our characters...??? Dear god Blizzard please give us the option to replace it with a pet from our stable or something, or to tuck it away. I do not want Veph to have a Skoll lookalike running around with her at all times. :(
Kysera

Unread post by Kysera »

Ugh. Man, I really, really really hope this will change somehow. That we can have it glyphed to use, like, Pet #2 appearance. I resigned myself to transmogging over the BM gun and not having any new weapon models, but to make me use a non-matching pet :evil: :evil: :evil:
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

I know that 90% of the folk here hate the gun and hate Hati as implemented, or hate the idea of a 2nd pet out all the time, but...

Look at the new talents and especially the artifact tree. If you remove Hati, you are effectively neutering many of the artifact effects, so things would have to be reworked quite a bit.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

All I can say is, voice your opinions on the real forums. I mean, I know Bliz occasionally snoops around in here but if people are that unhappy about it, it's much wiser to stick it right under their nose instead of complaining on a third party forum about it.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

The idea of having two pets is VERY appealing for myself, always has been. I am really hoping they work as a complete mirror of each other regarding controls. Call Pet - they both come, dismiss pet - they both disappear, Set to passive - they both return to your side, Mend pet - they both receive mend pet, etc.

If Hati acts like what a current standard guardian works, running off and chewing things, pulling aggro and fairly uncontrollable, it's going to be a pain in the butt (imo). I adore the fact that I NEVER have to fight anything that I don't want to as a hunter, with all our escape mechanisms we can move through so much and still survive. On a similar vein, I loved the idea of body guards in WoD, but the reality of them on my hunter drove me nuts due to the same reason.

If it's not going to respond to hunter pet commands, I can already foresee me adding a macro to unequip my artifact when I feign death to force Hati to despawn/end combat. Anyways again this is me just thinking ahead (and foreseeing potential issues) which could all be for naught.

I do plan on , but plan on waiting until BM is active on the Alpha. No point voicing concern to them until we can 100% confirm the Hati models/colors and it's behavior/etc, until anything is live it's all hearsay, no matter how probable things may look :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Slickrock wrote:I know that 90% of the folk here hate the gun and hate Hati as implemented, or hate the idea of a 2nd pet out all the time, but...

Look at the new talents and especially the artifact tree. If you remove Hati, you are effectively neutering many of the artifact effects, so things would have to be reworked quite a bit.
I don't hate the gun, I'm kind of indifferent. I'm sure some of the artwork will grow on me. Removing Hati (or having an option to remove Hati, I understand 2 pets really appeals to some people) wouldn't require a prohibitive amount of reworking. Make the real hunter pet twice as powerful and count as 2 pets.

I already despise trinkets and tier bonuses that summon idiot guardians. And I desire that my pet not be forced to be a multiboxer. Everything about Hati looks like negative fun to me. I am fully capable of knowing what appeals to me and what is unappealing to me without a "feature" going through alpha, beta, or almost a year of release.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

SpiritBinder wrote:If it's not going to respond to hunter pet commands, I can already foresee me adding a macro to unequip my artifact when I feign death to force Hati to despawn/end combat.
And this is my overall largest concern with Hati other than the cosmetic of the chosen form. I don't use guardians /followers as it is cause they drive me battty, get in the way etc. I even had one glitch once cause I had to feign and it wouldn't stop. Just kept on fighting. I could see Hati, this current form, being a nuisance wolf tag along. Current in game guardians you have no control over just like you've no control over a summoned beast from Dire Beast. And just like no control over a proc-ed guardian. I just don't see how Hati won't be like a proc-ed guardian or follower in his functionality. Only he WON'T depsawn. Which brings a whole slew of dreadful thoughts to mind. Gaw. Imaging the $hit hunters could receive in a raid cause of him.

But you're right. No sense in getting panties in a bunch now of Hati's functionality, or lack there of, till we see him in the alpha.

Xota wrote:I don't hate the gun, I'm kind of indifferent. I'm sure some of the artwork will grow on me. Removing Hati (or having an option to remove Hati, I understand 2 pets really appeals to some people) wouldn't require a prohibitive amount of reworking. Make the real hunter pet twice as powerful and count as 2 pets.

I already despise trinkets and tier bonuses that summon idiot guardians. And I desire that my pet not be forced to be a multiboxer. Everything about Hati looks like negative fun to me. I am fully capable of knowing what appeals to me and what is unappealing to me without a "feature" going through alpha, beta, or almost a year of release.

The above kind of for me too. I don't hate the gun. I just really prefer not to use them because their sounds annoy the bahjesus out of me. Aesthetically some are really nice though. But for the sounds and looks I love bows and crossbows.

And I also agree with Xota about guardians. Ugh. They drive me nuts just being there. Shoot. Sometimes they even make me paranoid. :o Like there is a mob or something there I didn't kill. :lol:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

SpiritBinder wrote:
If Hati acts like what a current standard guardian works, running off and chewing things, pulling aggro and fairly uncontrollable, it's going to be a pain in the butt (imo).
I would like to think Blizzard learnt their lesson when they gave Boomkin treants a command bar after the utter disaster they were in raids back in BC lol! I still recall a guild mates who'd just be chillin there and all of a sudden run across the ballroom in karazhan and pull everything :lol:

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Maybe they'll get guardians right in Legion, but they are terrible in Draenor. I found garrison bodygurds were often a liability or a huge waste of time, rather than a help, so I stopped taking them. They'd end up aggroing packs of things I didn't want to attack and making me take twice as long, or die. Hopefully Hati won't work like that.

I don't mind the saberworg model, I'm just surprised they're going back to it, since it now looks so dated compared to more modern wolves. Especially with that wicked boss wolf model that just came out.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

The bodyguards are nothin' compared to those Call To Arms people. I can't count the times I called them to help me kill something and then once it's dead they just run off and try to kill everything within range. At least they disabled it in dungeons/raids but good gravy. It's not worth using because it causes such a mess.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Pewmew
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: aegwynn

Unread post by Pewmew »

Blizzard has said that bodyguards in Legion will act differently, so maybe they'll get some kind of stance bar (active/defensive/passive) .
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:I don't mind the saberworg model, I'm just surprised they're going back to it, since it now looks so dated compared to more modern wolves. Especially with that wicked boss wolf model that just came out.
I'm in the same boat. I like that particular model but its old. For something as iconic as the artifact, I have a feeling Hati will get something different and maybe these saberworg variants will end up as something else.

Yes I'm pulling the "alpha is alpha" card cuz I hope its not final!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Pewmew wrote:Blizzard has said that bodyguards in Legion will act differently, so maybe they'll get some kind of stance bar (active/defensive/passive) .
Ah yeah, I remember that mentioned now. Thanks! :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I actually really like that model - I especially like the dark model with the pink glow. I'm actually lvling a seperate hunter just to be BM now :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Check it....

This was mined from the new alpha build. Might be that update for the BM Weapon we've been bitching for.. or might be a tameable wolf

Also might be a translucent icy one