Two Active Pets for BM in Legion?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Two Active Pets for BM in Legion?

Unread post by Equeon »

With the recent update to the Beast Mastery artifact traits, it would seem that the "Guardian of the Titanspark" is indeed Hati, who is presumably Skoll's brother.

One of the major artifact traits is now
"Master of Beasts"
Hati will now also benefit from Bestial Wrath, and will Kill Command and Beast Cleave alongside your primary pet.
The wording, and an earlier mention of the "permanent pet" in another trait, implies that Hati will remain as more than a temporary summon. Could this be the double-pet ability that we've always wanted?
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Two Active Pets for BM in Legion?

Unread post by Rawr »

Read "Master of Beasts" yes Hati will be your permanent secondary pet. Also BM gets "Spirit Bond" but it only heals you for 15% of Kill Command. :mrgreen:

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

Ooh, that's still nice. Much better than nothing, although the passive effect was pretty useful.

Also looks like general BM buffs across the board.

Natural Mending
Mend Pet heals for 25% more. (Up from 3%)

Protective Shell
When you activate Aspect of the Turtle, you will heal for 10% of your maximum health over its duration. (Up from 5%)

New Spell: Titanstrike Protection
New spell: If you get struck for more than 20% of your maximum health in a single hit, the cooldown of Aspect of the Turtle is reduced by 20 sec.

New Spell: Swift as the Cheetah
While Aspect of the Turtle is active, all of your pets and Dire Beasts gain 50% damage reduction.

Glad that BM survivability hasn't entirely gone out the window! :D
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

I especially like how they removed several 'more stuff with Dire Beast' for the new things.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

Aye, it felt like they couldn't think of anything besides tying every new ability to Dire Beast.

The only thing I don't like about this new build is that it moved Intimidation back to being a choice between Binding Shot, Wyvern Sting, and Intimidation (like it is on live).
With the talent changes in Legion, I thought the mentality of "this is the AoE damage row" and "this is the CC row" was being removed?
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

We still lose CC too as things stand. Sure we can pick wyvern sting, but right now we can still choose wyvern sting but have our traps too. I am hoping they'll provide as promised and give us our option equivalents back, we'll see. I take some comfort in knowing they're angling away from 'dire beasts and rage' as our class fantasy and only mechanics, so maybe that'll change too.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

That may be changed
Image :mrgreen:

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Would be cool if the appearance of Hati changed with the appearance of Titanspark; sort of like druids and their forms.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Greentalon
Realm: Jubei'Thos

Unread post by Greentalon »

Whilst it's nice to have some traits not pertaining to dire beast, I was really looking forward to having a pet army, as well as sort of hoping the permanent companion would be a pet from my stables.
Ryna
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Ryna »

as well as sort of hoping the permanent companion would be a pet from my stables.
Now I'm just thinking of pet transmogs...
Juxia

Unread post by Juxia »

Greentalon wrote:as well as sort of hoping the permanent companion would be a pet from my stables.
I was really hoping for this as well.

I could just about put up with the summoning of random Dire Beasts (even though it's a talent I've specifically avoided so far as I don't want to be calling on random beasts I didn't tame) but I really don't want my very much longed for permanent pet to be one that I get no choice in.
Araucaria
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Araucaria »

Lupen202 wrote:Would be cool if the appearance of Hati changed with the appearance of Titanspark; sort of like druids and their forms.
Yes, Please! At least the color of the weapon could change the color of the beast, or add some effects. It would probably result in more ppl being happy with the BM artifact :)
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

so does this mean that as soon as you have your artifact weapon you automatically get this 2nd pet active?
or does the 2nd pet only arrive once you've levelled up your artifact weapon to a certain point?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

Hati currently appears to be tied to the titanstrike itself (it's an "on equip" effect), but won't benefit from bestial wrath, kill command or beast cleave without an artifact trait.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

Juxia wrote:
Greentalon wrote:as well as sort of hoping the permanent companion would be a pet from my stables.
I was really hoping for this as well.

I could just about put up with the summoning of random Dire Beasts (even though it's a talent I've specifically avoided so far as I don't want to be calling on random beasts I didn't tame) but I really don't want my very much longed for permanent pet to be one that I get no choice in.
Hati may be beyond customization, but it seems at least we'll have an option to have our Dire Beasts be creatures from our stable:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/3 ... on/cwtpgut
Juxia

Unread post by Juxia »

Greentalon wrote:Hati may be beyond customization, but it seems at least we'll have an option to have our Dire Beasts be creatures from our stable:

I am pleased with that but potentially being lumbered with Hati is making me wonder if I'll actually bother playing my hunter come Legion.

I find the idea of being stuck as part of a homogenous mass of hunters, all with identical secondary pets, rather off putting.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

If there was a glyph or something to make Hati the second pet you have with you (Call Pet 2), that would just be incredible.

If not, then having Hati change appearance based on the specific artifact appearance you have would be a decent substitute.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Greentalon wrote:Whilst it's nice to have some traits not pertaining to dire beast, I was really looking forward to having a pet army, as well as sort of hoping the permanent companion would be a pet from my stables.
That pet army would be fun for soloing, but tanks and melee are thanking greenorcjesus that the change was made...
Account has been closed at user's request.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Juxia wrote:
Greentalon wrote:Hati may be beyond customization, but it seems at least we'll have an option to have our Dire Beasts be creatures from our stable:

I am pleased with that but potentially being lumbered with Hati is making me wonder if I'll actually bother playing my hunter come Legion.

I find the idea of being stuck as part of a homogenous mass of hunters, all with identical secondary pets, rather off putting.
Go play a lock then... rofl.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Does this mean Hati can't be renamed? Not that we'd necessarily want to, but I'm just curious...

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!