Mounts in Legion

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Mounts in Legion

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Magnakilro wrote:I'd say maybe for ppl that maxxed their ring in WoD? That's a HUGE stretch but its all I got
That'd be nice... but it is quite a stretch since Legion launch is so close now. If the quest line were to award a mount, one would definitely expect a heads up well in advance, much like the moose and how we knew from the start it'd be retired.

Otherwise, people would be very angry.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

As long suspected, the four skeleton horses are those of the new Four Horsemen that DKs create. Spoilers ahead.
Attachments
s8hEyee.jpg
s8hEyee.jpg (440.35 KiB) Viewed 2844 times
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Well... we can still hope there'll eventually be a color variant for players.

edit: THAT ISN'T FROM PVP yesimstillsalty

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

SpiritBinder wrote:I did see the Heavenly Jade Serpent has made an appearance (which I found rather surprising considering it's a celestial Model)

Heavenly Jade Cloud Serpent - Flying Mount. Spell #127165. "Warmth and wisdom emanate from this great creature, which glows like moonlight passing through the finest jade." Legacy
I've seen the "Legacy" tag on a couple mounts in Beta Mount Journal. What does that refer to?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Might be mounts for Timewalkers.
Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Valnaaros wrote:Might be mounts for Timewalkers.
They did show interest in continuing Timewalking...this could be a prize for the MoP branch of Timewalking! Didn't even think of that
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Magnakilro wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:Might be mounts for Timewalkers.
They did show interest in continuing Timewalking...this could be a prize for the MoP branch of Timewalking! Didn't even think of that
Oh you're right, I didn't think of that either. Though time walking mounts don't say legacy, do they? I suppose Legacy might just be a temporary tag; definitely easy enough to change.

If they're adding the Jade serpent for MoP time walking though, have we seen a mount that might fit for cataclysm yet? It's been a long time since I've played but if I remember correctly, the Cata time walking instances had been implemented for awhile but they still don't have a mount of their own yet.

So, I can't imagine they'd add a MoP mount and not a Cata one.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Lupen202 wrote:Oh you're right, I didn't think of that either. Though time walking mounts don't say legacy, do they? I suppose Legacy might just be a temporary tag; definitely easy enough to change.

If they're adding the Jade serpent for MoP time walking though, have we seen a mount that might fit for cataclysm yet? It's been a long time since I've played but if I remember correctly, the Cata time walking instances had been implemented for awhile but they still don't have a mount of their own yet.

So, I can't imagine they'd add a MoP mount and not a Cata one.
They could always add one since the currency isn't Xpac specific. There are a bajillion choices. http://www.warcraftmounts.com/unusedlooksgallery.php
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Regarding the Heavenly Jade Cloud Serpent - it's actually been in the mount database a long time, just never used. It seems they recently made a couple of changes to its data, mostly removing the "Legacy" source. I don't know if they were simply correcting bad data (the Legacy tag is mostly reserved for retired mounts), or if they're actually looking at dusting it off and using it.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yep, as I said. It was added back in MoP with all the other Heavenly Cloud Serpents.
Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Wouldn't put it past them dusting off an old mount model...whether it was in the database or not...

I mean they added Heavenly Azure in like mid-late WoD.....and the green Firehawk in early WoD.....and the purple fire anzu in mid-WoD.

So yeah....we may see this Cloudie in-game yet.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Recent changes to the Legion mounts database, some have been mentioned previously but I'm consolidating them here:

Six "Prestigious" mounts have been removed from the database listing. Presumably they decided they had too many at launch and want to save them for slow release. Hopefully they'll reappear in later patches : This leaves two Prestige mounts at launch : the Prestigious Ivory Courser and Prestigious Bronze Courser.

The so-called "Fel Bat (Test)" mount has been removed too, which isn't too surprising, given its name. I had hopes that they might give it a proper name once they were happy with it, but it seems that they decided to scrap it for now, meaning the fel bat model is unlikely to be available as a mount, in any colour, at launch.

The Great Northern Elderhorn is a second Leatherworking mount. It's the brown one, but one point of confusion is that it was assigned an icon for a white moose mount. In fact they created and added the white moose mount icon just recently, seemingly for it. Maybe it'll change appearances yet, or maybe they simply changed their minds.

As noted before, the Arcadian War Turtle is no longer listed as a Blacksmithing mount, but as being sold by Xur'ios in Dalaran. He's the guy that also sells the Eng. recipe for the item to allow hunters to tame mechanicals. However, (i) he doesn't actually sell the mount in the Beta, yet and (ii) his specialty is crafting recipes, meaning it's still possible he will sell the Blacksmithing plans rather than the mount and the current database info is not quite accurate. We'll have to wait and see.

The Fel Core Hound was renamed the Steelbound Devourer, but has not otherwise changed.

The Vicious War Elekk received flavour text.

Unless I miscounted, I think that means the new tally is 26 mounts in total. 16 from non-PvP sources and 10 from PvP. Of note, I don't think there's a single case of "earn reputation and buy a mount" listed for this expansion, which is unusual. :/
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Yeah, that's what I'm kinda fussy about. That's kinda the biggest source of my mounts, is rep grinding (mostly because I have shit-tastic luck finding rares or getting drops... I'm looking at YOU Kael...) There have to be SOME, you'd think.

Also they kept mentioning that 'world quests' could drop mounts and yet I haven't seen a single mount from a world-quest source.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Nachtwulf wrote:Also they kept mentioning that 'world quests' could drop mounts and yet I haven't seen a single mount from a world-quest source.
If they are then I think they simply haven't implemented them yet, as not even the game database lists world quests as a source.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Wain wrote:
Unless I miscounted, I think that means the new tally is 26 mounts in total. 16 from non-PvP sources and 10 from PvP. Of note, I don't think there's a single case of "earn reputation and buy a mount" listed for this expansion, which is unusual. :/
Really, really, really hope that it isn't too late for that to change. The lack of some kind of faction mount is concerning, as factions do keep me invested in the game for a time... and I would be very surprised if the unarmored versions of the drakes & unicorns don't make it in... but it wouldn't be the first time Blizz has surprised and disappointed me.

Mount count as it is just feels so low compared to past expansions. Which is a shame since this expansion in particular has so much potential.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wamo
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Wamo »

Nachtwulf wrote:Also they kept mentioning that 'world quests' could drop mounts and yet I haven't seen a single mount from a world-quest source.
The Fox mount is from a World Quest I believe.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, the non-armoured storm drakes seem perfect for Valarjar rep mounts (or whatever the faction is there) and the moose for Highmountain tauren. But given they've already assigned one moose to be a leatherworking mount, cynically they'll probably make all the others have disparate sources, including the bland, beige one.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wamo wrote:
The Fox mount is from a World Quest I believe.
It's definitely from a quest, and it seems to be a rare or uncommon one. I have no idea if it's technically a World Quest, but you may be right.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

One change in the new build today: the Great Northern Elderhorn is now white, not brown.

I should have waited an hour before posting the previous changes :P
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Well, glad I stuck with leatherworking. I love that my profession is getting more attention :P It certainly makes sense that we'd make the best saddles around.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |