Legion appears to be a failure...

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Legion appears to be a failure...

Unread post by Slickrock »

So, browsing here, Legion seems doomed to be an utter failure. Based on the rants here...

90% of the populace hates MM because no pet.
90% of the populace hates BM because of a gun and dual wielding pets they don't like.
90% of the populace hates SV because no bow.

Seems that the vast majority if they play their hunter in Legion will remain bitter and petulant because Blizz decided to change things around and so the cheese has moved.

sigh...
Account has been closed at user's request.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Re: Legion appears to be a failure...

Unread post by Arthur »

That's just hunters though? There are still players of other classes.
I am currently content with the BM artifact. I'm not enamored with the looks of the item but I'll deal.

Saying an expansion is a failure before it's even released because people don't like a class's changes or whatever, is kind of dramatic.

Unless you were trying to come off that way. I misunderstand posts a lot.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I have no doubt that if the changes end up being that unpopular, Blizzard will tweak things again to make the class more appealing to its hunter core. At worst, it would be a full expansion with less than desirable hunter gameplay mechanics.

Mind you, I'm not a fan of marks losing pets. I don't like BM being forced to have a gun and a companion pet that we have no real control over (unless Hati turns out to have a backstory like Gara, but still). The bear model is still incredibly dodgy at this stage and the change impacts my first pet.

But despite all that, I'm ending a three year hiatus for Legion, and that speaks volumes.

It'll all work out in the end. These aren't the first changes we've had to adapt to before and they won't be the last.

There's a lot more to determining Legion's overall success than how this particular group of hunters feels about the forthcoming class changes, especially with the game still in the early stages of beta testing. If people end up being that unhappy, they can slog through it, swap to another class, or take a break from the game. It's not the end of the world. :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Mousecandy
Realm: Us-Proudmoore

Unread post by Mousecandy »

I'm not a huge fan of melee, but I'd be content with playing SV the artifact actually looks really cool and the whole spear aspect, hunter running through the wilds pet at their side works for me. I hate the gun tbh, and i'm sad mm has no pet, but I'm still gunna play, on my hunter. I love it to much not to! plus I've got all my other toons to play, and damn me if I'm not gunna level a druid for that sexy stuff
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Lol, don't be ridiculous.

Just because some people are upset about drastic changes, it doesn't mean the entire expansion is a failure and that these people that are upset are unhappy with it overall. Besides, this is the most crucial time for feedback so please don't complain that other people are voicing their concerns.

When Legion launches I'm sure a lot of players, not just hunters, will be switching specs or changing classes entirely... Because you can't make everyone happy. It's to be expected when they're really focusing on changing up the specs, which is a good thing of course... But you can't expect people to keep quiet.

Overall though I've seen a lot of excitement for legion.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Do not know where you are getting your stats-the base population of Petopia, while a great site, does not encompass all of the people who play hunters. The people that you see posting upset over one thing or another are not the majority of hunters out there, just ones who are vocal over things they do not like. Those people who do not care about or who like the changes coming out in Legion do not really have a reason to be posting about it because they do not have complaints.

I for one have played every spec of hunter and have mained a BM since WOTLK, so I am only really going to speak to that spec. I'm disappointed in the fact that we are getting a gun and disappointed that it will mean I don't get any new weapon looks this expansion-but thats not going to make me stop being a BM, I can very easily transmog over it with the ridiculous number of bow looks that I already have. As to the second perma pet being locked into Haiti's look-okay not a huge fan of that model and I think they could have picked something a bit more up to date and less broken looking that that monstrosity of a model, but that is not going to make me go 'eww' not doing it. I'm more upset over the loss of traps and camo than I am over the second perma pet's look. Actually I've not even bothered to get upset over the look-its something I can happily live with. I am very thankful that we are getting a bit more of a beast master feeling with allowing us to have a second pet out! Besides, I have Skoll stuffed into my stable now, I can pull him out and try to learn to love the look of that model again perhaps.

I cannot say that I am bitter and petulant over the changes coming to my spec-perhaps I was a bit stunned and frustrated at the start (the gun, no traps, no stealth, etc), but with everything else they are giving me as a BM, I cannot be too upset. If anything has me upset it is trying to figure out how where they are going to go with the next expansion after this. I am going to love having a second perma pet as a BM, but what happens at the start of the next expansion when we replace our weapons with a higher ilvl green?

Besides I am freaking stoked to see what happens to my second main class that I play, elemental shaman. And as I've been leveling a combat rogue in prep for legion, I cannot wait to give Outlaw a try, it sounds like a hoot.
Slickrock

Kalliope wrote:There's a lot more to determining Legion's overall success than how this particular group of hunters feels about the forthcoming class changes, especially with the game still in the early stages of beta testing. If people end up being that unhappy, they can slog through it, swap to another class, or take a break from the game. It's not the end of the world. :D
Well, the group here is more what I was pointing to. I would dare say that the overall tone here prevents discussion of the rest of the changes coming for hunters.

Personally, I'll bounce between BM and MM depending on what fits my play style, but it's hard coming here to look for news and discussion on Legion when gun vs bow or pet vs no pet is a dealbreaker so not much else get discussed (other than the entire modeling team at Blizz should be replaced by the members of the forum here... :D
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

"bitter and petulant" eh? wow... gotta say Slick, you got a way with words.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Slickrock wrote:
Kalliope wrote:There's a lot more to determining Legion's overall success than how this particular group of hunters feels about the forthcoming class changes, especially with the game still in the early stages of beta testing. If people end up being that unhappy, they can slog through it, swap to another class, or take a break from the game. It's not the end of the world. :D
Well, the group here is more what I was pointing to. I would dare say that the overall tone here prevents discussion of the rest of the changes coming for hunters.

Personally, I'll bounce between BM and MM depending on what fits my play style, but it's hard coming here to look for news and discussion on Legion when gun vs bow or pet vs no pet is a dealbreaker so not much else get discussed (other than the entire modeling team at Blizz should be replaced by the members of the forum here... :D
Sorry you feel that is all your taking away from these forums Slick.

I know (and am guilty of it myself on occasion) that the forums here can be debative and intense at times, but I've always tried to at look at that, as not an overly negative aspect (whether I agree with the topic or not), but as more passion and always wishing more for the game.

I know sometimes it can come from personal preferences, but normally they come from a "I wish this looked like this/had this immersive feel/had this option/could do this" kind of content. They may sound negative if you want to look at it that way, but they are all things that could/would make the game better, even if in their eyes.

If they didn't care about the game, they would not be so passionate about such things. Also change is always scary, people will share their fears, that's what this forum is about, and it may look like some people share a similar fears, it's only natural.

Conversations such as "The group here is" and "it's hard coming here to look for news and discussion on Legion" are very directed and not really anything to do with the game, and as such I find it hard to see the passion for the game but more the gripe you have with this forum.

If it upsets you so, maybe try the RANT thread, or even another site that focuses on game mechanics/Hunter Spec talents/dps/etc. Petopia has always been dedicated to such things as Pets/Looks/RolePlaying/Visuals with a bit of Pet Performance/Dps/Pet Talents, and I doubt that's ever going to change and time soon. :D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Slickrock

SpiritBinder wrote:Sorry you feel that is all your taking away from these forums Slick.

I know (and am guilty of it myself on occasion) that the forums here can be debative and intense at times...
I do realize the general slant of these forums towards tmog and pet collecting (and I'll be one of the first finally getting some bank space when those tmog changes go live) but the general tone here seems more against an expac than ever before.

The debative part is fine, but when it's just debating likes.. that generally doesn't go too far. :(
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Slickrock wrote:

I'm really not sure what you expected from a largely pet-centric community of hunters. xD Of course marks losing pets entirely is going to be a concern here!

Still, I wouldn't worry too much about finding news in the future. Early beta is early beta and there's not a whole lot of information that's set in stone yet. There are, of course, more direct news sources as well, which might be more what you're looking for rather than reactions to said news. Unless a large chunk of this community makes it into the beta, there's going to be a shortage of firsthand info. (RIP MoP beta; I miss those days.)

As for positivity in general...well, that all depends on the news coming in. It can't really be helped if a majority of the people here aren't enthused about particular changes. It can be frustrating to be surrounded by negativity when you're excited about a game (or anything else, for that matter). That's when I tend to turtle a bit myself and say "well, what they think doesn't impact what I think."

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Slickrock

Of course.. if they gave the bow to BM, gun to MM.. I wonder how that would change things here...
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Or y'know, they could've given both specs a gun and a bow option ... instead of making every single available look for both specs' weapons the same type.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Slickrock wrote: 90% of the populace hates MM because no pet.
90% of the populace hates BM because of a gun and dual wielding pets they don't like.
90% of the populace hates SV because no bow.

Seems that the vast majority if they play their hunter in Legion will remain bitter and petulant because Blizz decided to change things around and so the cheese has moved.

sigh...
Look, you and I both know those numbers are extremely exaggerated. Also, the only one that's really accurate is the MM with no pet, and I haven't seen a single person complaining that Survival has no bow. If you actually wanted to make something that wasn't a pure strawman/over-simplified argument, you would have first posted a poll asking these questions.

And besides, it's not like this forum is representative of all hunters.

The real points of discussion could be modified to something like this:

Many hunters are unsatisfied with being "locked" into a particular weapon type.

Many hunters are unsatisfied with the lack of a "ranged with single pet" spec.

In addition, I would add the following:

Many hunters are unsatisfied with BM being focused around dire beasts.

Many hunters are unsatisfied with the abilities being removed or pruned.

Some BM hunters are unsatisfied with the artifact weapon's connection to their spec.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

How can you have three 90%s. o_o That is more than a whole.

Siggy under construction!

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

The flavor of this thread is salty. ;) As much as I hate having the Titian crap shoved down my throat, I won't quit BM. No matter what, as long as I'm still playing WoW. :mrgreen: :hug: :mrgreen:

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wait is this a thread giving feedback about feedback? :shock: Also you forgot the hatred of the bear goatee. ;)

In all seriousness, feedback is good, whether positive or negative. Both sides can get out of hand, those who think Blizz can't do wrong and those that think Blizz can't do right. However I think most land in the reasonable balance, offering valid feedback. Passion creates that kind of response, and while it is wise to hold off with the "sky is falling" rhetoric some may result to (Alpha is Alpha and what not), the heart of the complaint is still worthy of consideration. If it seems the majority is negative around the same things, that should be a glaring indicator of something that needs to be considered. Can't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Slickrock wrote:Of course.. if they gave the bow to BM, gun to MM.. I wonder how that would change things here...
From my understanding, that wouldn't really address the underlying issue. It may make the % of the BM hunters who want bows happy, but it would then upset the % of MM players who don't guns as well as BM players who did want guns (and transmog doesn't fix that unfortunately). Can't make everyone happy when they are choosing limitations like that.
Last edited by Quiv on Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slickrock

Rawr wrote:The flavor of this thread is salty. ;) As much as I hate having the Titian crap shoved down my throat, I won't quit BM. No matter what, as long as I'm still playing WoW. :mrgreen: :hug: :mrgreen:
I don't mind Titan at all, provided there's enough flavor with it..

The odd thing is going to be changing specs and going from Titan to Dark Ranger... O.o
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Bowno wrote:How can you have three 90%s. o_o That is more than a whole.
Because each of the 3 topics are independent of each other.

Personally I am not to fazed by the whole Artifact weapon thing...transmog solves that for me. And why should I use the look of the Artifact weapon just because the expansion is focusing on them? What matters to me is the functionality of it, if I can make my weapon look like what ever weapon I want, then all that matters to me is whether my weapon is good or not.

I don't mind SV being melee, I may actually have a reason to have an offspec now. ATM (for me) I see no point in hunter offspecs because its ranged...ranged...or Ranged...In Legion the spec's will actually be different enough to consider trying.

MM with no pet...well, I am not sure I like that but again, I am willing to wait and see how the new play style feels.

I am not happy about loosing certain abilities...but I am willing to see how it plays before deciding I don't like whats "written on paper."

But that's just all from the perspective of my Class, none of that even addresses all the other things that are coming in Legion. After all your class is just what character you choose to go through the game as. There are many things in the expansion that are going to be loads of fun and visually appealing.

Legion isn't a failure because of class changes.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

While I think MM having no pet is really really god damn dumb it's given me a reason to play my alts I hardly ever play. So that's a good thing XD