no more Camouflage for...?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

no more Camouflage for...?

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Are all hunters losing Camouflage? or only BM hunters?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: no more Camouflage for...?

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I believe it's just BM, and the other have to Spec into it therefore loosing something else from that tier as a trade off. BM hunters loose camo and in it's place get intimidation.

That Particular row for...

BM is [Binding shot, Wyvern Sting, Intimidation]

MM is [Binding shot, Wyvern Sting, Camo]

SV is [Sticky Bomb, Rangers Net, Camo]

Coming from a PVE perspective (and even pvp), personally, Intimidation a single 3 second stun that requires your pet to be within range, compared to Binding, that is AOE and 5 seconds... it's kind of lack luster. And having 2 stun abilities in the same row after loosing our traps is kinda meh too.

Maybe if they upgraded Intimidation to something akin to Fandral Staghelm's trash mob kittens? That would leap from their current position and stun( 3 seconds) on landing, to those within a small range. Then remove binding shot and bring back Camo in it's place?

The other kicker is that Camo now last for 1 min, with a 2 min cooldown.

Silver Linings!!!!

It now however, seems to be a true stealth which is awesome, and there is no mention of a reduced movement speed while active. It also heals you while in it, so for PVP if you can get out of combat and into camo, good chance of getting away/resetting health before you get back to shooting arrows/slashing at their face.
  • Camouflage Talent
    Unlimited range
    Instant 2 min cooldown
    Requires Hunter (Survival)
    Requires level 60
    You and your pet blend into the surroundings and gain stealth for 1 min. While camouflaged, you will heal for 2% every 1 secs. The first attack dealt while camoflaged will deal 10% extra damage.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Maybe we'll get it back as a beast ability. If you have <x> family out you can camo.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

sounds to me like we are losing it for all specs due to rogues complaining again. Now just wait if it is a true stealth they'll flip their lid.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Tankperson wrote:sounds to me like we are losing it for all specs due to rogues complaining again. Now just wait if it is a true stealth they'll flip their lid.
Oh dang really, did a blue comment on it??

Though not 100% sure why they are complaining... Even if it's a true stealth, it's availability is super underwhelming, a one, 1 minute stealth, every 2 minutes... That and we'd have to give up our other CC? Hmmmm

I like the idea of maybe a pet giving the hunter Camo, kinda of like a rouges shroud of concealment, but just for the pet and hunter. Would be a neat skill for the cat family as they already have prowl.

Though not sure how to balance it, cooldown, duration, etc? Too weak people would complain it's a poor man's Camo, too strong, well yeah... :|

Speaking of beast abilities, with the removal of most raid buffs as we know them, I wonder if they are going to give the 31 pet families effected by this new abilities, or if they are gonna do something else :?

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I don't believe it's due to players complaining. They're doing this all over the place, removing stuff from classes to make them more distinct from other classes, even if it means losing a lot of the little extras that make playing smoother and more fun. Cynically, it's like making islands more distant from each other by eroding their beaches away.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

I like Beaches >:(
Wain wrote:I don't believe it's due to players complaining.
Also I read Tanks reply as that people are already complaining about the new legion version of Camo, the one they have already pruned off BM and like they were removing it all together... unless I read it wrong :(

­
­
­
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

SpiritBinder wrote:Silver Linings!!!!
It now however, seems to be a true stealth which is awesome, and there is no mention of a reduced movement speed while active. It also heals you while in it, so for PVP if you can get out of combat and into camo, good chance of getting away/resetting health before you get back to shooting arrows/slashing at their face.
  • Camouflage Talent
    Unlimited range
    Instant 2 min cooldown
    Requires Hunter (Survival)
    Requires level 60
    You and your pet blend into the surroundings and gain stealth for 1 min. While camouflaged, you will heal for 2% every 1 secs. The first attack dealt while camoflaged will deal 10% extra damage.
Don't hold your breath - I can see this being nerfed into the ground once areana players/hardcore pvper's starting crying about it being unbalanced....and i think rogues will cry the loudest lol

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

SpiritBinder wrote: Maybe if they upgraded Intimidation to something akin to Fandral Staghelm's trash mob kittens? That would leap from their current position and stun( 3 seconds) on landing, to those within a small range. Then remove binding shot and bring back Camo in it's place?
I would love that for intimidation even without Camo. It makes a lot more sense than shooting a magic arrow out of my gun. And it would make intimidation more reliable, instead of hoping it goes off in a timely manner.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

My heart can't take all these crazy Alpha changes, I need a nerve pill. I can't wait till later Beta when things (hopefully) are more set in stone :lol:
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I'm not getting any of these significant changes to BM.
We no longer have CC abilities, as far as I can tell?
And no more stealth ability?

I'm ok with minor changes to classes at expansions, but these changes (and others) are rather significant.
I've used Camouflage a LOT, and I constantly use traps while questing.
I play a ranged class because that's what I enjoy, and pet class is what drew me away from Final Fantasy 11 to WoW (so please, don't suggest one of the other two specs).

I can only say that I am thoroughly baffled by these class/spec changes.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

This is utter bullshit making camo an mm/sv only spec and giving bm the crappy intimidate that people never choose over wyvern sting and then improving camo to make it even better also blizz said they removed fervor because hunters were choosing dire beast over it now that its bm only why isnt it a talent not to get off topic but it seems to be another reason to prefer the way things are rather then legion as short lived as it is

that may change we have many months ahead of us before legion is live so maybe the idiots at blizzard will have the common sense to remove intimidate and give us camo(for bm) and maybe replace way of the cobra with fervor
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

*quietly wonders why rogues would complain about hunters getting a more effective camo when druids exist*

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I need to read things better cus I thought it said no more me :lol:
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:I need to read things better cus I thought it said no more me :lol:
I totally read it that way too on the first time round and was like "where is cow going?" :lol:

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~