Will new weapons drop in Legion?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Will new weapons drop in Legion?

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I was curious if anyone in the alpha has seen any new weapon drops? The artifact super weapons look great and all, but I'm a little worried that we may get no new weapon transmogs at all this expansion. It'd take some of the excitement and collecting fun out of it for me. How do you guys feel about them if this is the case? Hopefully it's not.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Re: Will new weapons drop in Legion?

Unread post by Xota »

I'd like non-artifact weapons, but I'm not holding high hopes. I'm not on alpha, but the only new non-artifact weapons I've seen listed are vendor bought guns used in engineering recipes. They have old, plain art so far.

I expect they won't put a lot of effort into non-artifact weapon art for players. However, there may be new npc weapon art, which blizz could potentially make as xmog/vendor drops. There's also unused weapon art from previous expansions (in particular, there's a lot from WotLK).

edit:
There's a bunch of place holder green weapons, no new icons/models from what I see. They don't even have names, so I'm not sure what they're for.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I did note that in the latest Alpha there were four new guns added. They all seem to come from the engineering stockists in Dalaran.

700 Gun Felgibber Shotgun
700 Gun "Twirling Bottom" Repeater
700 Gun Surface-to-Infernal Rocket Launcher
700 Gun Chaos Blaster

Not sure if these will have new models/designs, but it's something to hope for.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
s1ncer1ty
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by s1ncer1ty »

SpiritBinder wrote:I did note that in the latest Alpha there were four new guns added. They all seem to come from the engineering stockists in Dalaran.
If you check out the various gun links on MMO-Champ, they direct to a beta page that also shows 'em as reagents for such things as a Pump-Action Bandage Gun, a Gunpack, Gunshoes, and various flavors of Headguns and Cranial Cannons. You can be a walking armory.

Yeah, I think at least one of my hunters is going to swap over to Engineering come Legion.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

They've said in various panels that there will be no weapon drops. Those Eng ones are utility things, no actual weapons. We might wind up with trash weapon drops and greens, but nothing for actual use.
Account has been closed at user's request.