Legion pet lists - UPDATED 20160514

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Re: Legion pet lists

Unread post by Bambu »

Peridot wrote:So cool! Thanks for sharing your discovery. I'm very excited about the mechawolf.
No problem! My first thought when I saw those Oil Puddles was sharing my discovery with all you guys here. :)

Also, thanks a ton Shem! I really appreciate all the work for us!

(And in-case you're reading this, Could you make the Mechachicken on Lost Isles tameable? I have a Goblin Hunter parked by her to check each build. Oh! And Maybe make the Goblin Starting Pet a Mech of some sort to be on-par with Gnomes? Or at least an update to the Cataclysm Crab model? The current starter crab is rather outdated-looking to me...)
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Bambu wrote:Oh! And Maybe make the Goblin Starting Pet a Mech of some sort to be on-par with Gnomes? Or at least an update to the Cataclysm Crab model? The current starter crab is rather outdated-looking to me...)
*soft gasp* Did you say "mechanical crab?" :D (Although existing goblin crabs should probably be grandfathered out, etc.) Maybe a reworking of the Karkin skin would do the job!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Praised be Shem

Unread post by Nazja »

Any goblin hunter worth their salt would want a mechanical donkey or goose. Magpies, crows or dragons would be good alternatives too, but can you really trust those not to steal your shinies too?
Last edited by Nazja on Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Kalliope wrote: *soft gasp* Did you say "mechanical crab?" :D (Although existing goblin crabs should probably be grandfathered out, etc.) Maybe a reworking of the Karkin skin would do the job!
Yeah, that could work really well! Maybe since you start out as an executive businessperson, have some Blingtron-inspiration going for its design? :lol:
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Nazja wrote:Any goblin hunter worth their salt would want a mechanical goose.
MECH GOOSE FTW!!

Totally want a mech goose or just a goose pet in general.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Hello all! It's my favorite time of WoW again! The new pets! Since Blizzard have been focusing a lot into the new bear models, has anyone checked the Amani armored bears in Zul'Aman?
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Shameless appeal for support related to the new core hound model (if you have beta access and can post):
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742844945#1

The third paragraph is what could affect hunters. If they adjust the non-mount model to allow replaceable textures (it's really trivial, very little work) and assign it the appropriate particle colour, then we could have a new green core hound, ripe for taming. Surely in an expansion like Legion we should see wild green core hounds? :)

Presumably they intended to do this some time, but haven't had the time or it's slipped their minds.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
zedxrgal

All the support for that high res /newish core hound model replacing the old. It's so gorgeous. Sadly not in alpha so I can't reply as such

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

zedxrgal wrote:All the support for that high res /newish core hound model replacing the old. It's so gorgeous. Sadly not in alpha so I can't reply as such
Yeah, needing alpha access to even post on those forums blows. I see all these changes left and right, but have to sit idly by and not be able to voice any feedback. It's very infuriating, to say the least.
zedxrgal

A random thought.

Am I the only one who finds it strange the Stegodon /thunder lizards weren't updated while the kodo were??? :?

Not that I'm ungrateful or anything

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

zedxrgal wrote:A random thought.

Am I the only one who finds it strange the Stegodon /thunder lizards weren't updated while the kodo were??? :?

I was actually talking about this with a friend, and they would look so amazing with an update similar to the kodos. I figure it might be because they're not going to be prominent in the expansion? It's definitely a shame, but they're still pretty cute and I'm glad they'll finally be tameable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote:
zedxrgal wrote:A random thought.

I was actually talking about this with a friend, and they would look so amazing with an update similar to the kodos. I figure it might be because they're not going to be prominent in the expansion? It's definitely a shame, but they're still pretty cute and I'm glad they'll finally be tameable.
They will be, but they're still fitting the new model with sideburns and man-buns ;)

Sorry ;)

Seriously though, it's probably just a matter of them not being needed for this expansion and there being much higher priorities, like Veph said.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

If there were an un'goro 4.0 in a patch, that would be a good place to fit them in. Sholazar gave us the green skin devilsaur. Isle of Giants gave us new devilsaur models, new (if weird looking) pterodactyls, and completely new triceretops. "Gargantua Island" could have new stegs and new gorillas.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

saw a question pertaining to Galleon's and Oondasta's spawn timer today and got reminded they could potentially be tamable. I really hope Oondasta at least becomes tamable. any word on this?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The question on Oon (and a number of other Pandaria / Org things) has been asked at least. I'll let you know if we find anything out :)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Personally, I hope the models that the beast world bosses have become tameable in some other way beside the bosses themselves. Making open world bosses tameable would open the door to a lot of grief and frustration from both the people camping the bosses for a chance at the mount (angry the hunter tamed it and reset its spawn timer) and from the hunter (who can't tame the boss due to people camping and attacking it). I'm on both sides of that coin and can only imagine the frustration. :?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yep, when I mentioned it, I did stress that Oondasta's spawn timer would have to be reduced dramatically before it could become a reasonable tame, for that reason. There is another beast on Isle of Thunder that uses the same model, but it's in that programmed daily event where you have to kill all the dinomancers and then the dino runs rampant. But it runs away very quickly, and might have complications that make it unsuitable for a tame.
zedxrgal

Please let us tame Skum

I wonder if they could make it to where Oondasta can be like the MoP rares where you see foot prints then actually have to phase in almost like a PuG to tame her. Or give her a whole new spawn point with tracking & if she's killed by another player she gives no loot /exp etc and had a short respawn timer.
My other thought would be making her like the Draenor fel wolf. A rare spawn dinomancer has the tome purely to tame her but there is a trick to killing him & the the hunt & phase in to get her. So many possibilities.
Yeah it'd take work but I feel there are options to where everyone would be happy.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

zedxrgal wrote:

Please let us tame Skum
Oh my god, that's fracking hilarious :)

I did ask about Skum. He apparently can't be tamed "for technical reasons" but I didn't ask what those are. I can't even guess since he's just a beast in a room, but maybe there are mechanics and triggers going on behind the scenes. Is his death required to open something now? Something like that, anyway. Otherwise, no idea.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Wain wrote:
zedxrgal wrote:

Please let us tame Skum
Oh my god, that's fracking hilarious :)

I did ask about Skum. He apparently can't be tamed "for technical reasons" but I didn't ask what those are. I can't even guess since he's just a beast in a room, but maybe there are mechanics and triggers going on behind the scenes. Is his death required to open something now? Something like that, anyway. Otherwise, no idea.
His death is required to get credit for completing the Wailing Caverns, isn't it? :( But there are other dungeon bosses who can be tamed...

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!