Legion pet lists - UPDATED 20160514

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Legion pet lists - UPDATED 20160504

Unread post by Vephriel »

Makoes wrote:Wait...can the Ray hold a knife????? LOL
Oh my god...please, someone has to test this.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Tameable sea turtles?

DON'T CHANGE. I'VE WANTED THIS FOREVER. Sea turtles are so much more awesome than dopey land turtles.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Vephriel wrote:
Makoes wrote:Wait...can the Ray hold a knife????? LOL
Oh my god...please, someone has to test this.

yes :D

i very much hope, that he will follow me to the live servers :3
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

A bunch more things are tameable in the recent build (last Friday), and there are some new mobs. But I haven't updated everything yet.

Sorry I can't get any pictures. I tamed a bunch of things to get pictures of once daylight hit, but then in a moment of Mario madness I jumped on a drainpipe, fell through the world and now my main Alpha character is indefinitely stuck. :P

Anyway, tameables of particular note (i.e. representing looks that are tameable for the first time) are:

[table=background-color:rgb(243, 243, 243);border:1px solid rgb(229, 222, 243); border-collapse:collapse;color:#35336F; padding:5px 10px; vertical-align: middle; width:100%;][tr][td]Bloodscale Wyrm[/td][td]Tameable[/td][td]110[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]Suramar[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

[table=background-color:rgb(243, 243, 243);border:1px solid rgb(229, 222, 243); border-collapse:collapse;color:#35336F; padding:5px 10px; vertical-align: middle; width:100%;][tr][td]Spellwyrm[/td][td]Tameable[/td][td]110[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]Suramar (Falanaar Tunnels)[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

The above are the first two examples of the new manawyrm model to become tameable. While the colours are based on the old model, I find the Blood Wyrm particularly striking in game. I haven't compared it to the old model for size yet, but I suspect they're smaller and could do probably be enlarged a little.

Also tameable:

[table=background-color:rgb(243, 243, 243);border:1px solid rgb(229, 222, 243); border-collapse:collapse;color:#35336F; padding:5px 10px; vertical-align: middle; width:100%;][tr][td]Jandvik Ripfang[/td][td]Tameable[/td][td]110[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]Suramar (Jandvik)[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

The autumn-coloured wolf! I haven't seen the yellower version of this yet.

[table=background-color:rgb(243, 243, 243);border:1px solid rgb(229, 222, 243); border-collapse:collapse;color:#35336F; padding:5px 10px; vertical-align: middle; width:100%;][tr][td]Shieldscar Doe[/td][td]Tameable[/td][td]110[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]Suramar[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

I also updated the levels for Suramar creatures. Unlike other zones, which scale, Suramar mobs are a flat 110 as it's designed as an end zone, not one of the four starting zones. One consequence of this is you won't be taming mana sabers until you max your level, unless they start adding them to other zones. There are parts of Azsuna where they'd definitely make sense, but I can't think of any others really.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

The New Manawyrm models are stunning and such and amazing upgrade, so true to the original. I remember wanting to tame one ever since rolling my BE hunter back in BC, so finally having access to them is brilliant!

Though still, them being mana wyrms, that are not "Mana #somethings" nor "Worms", but actually gilled, frilled and floating ..... Serpents :| #headscratch

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Vephriel

SpiritBinder wrote:The New Manawyrm models are stunning and such and amazing upgrade, so true to the original. I remember wanting to tame one ever since rolling my BE hunter back in BC, so finally having access to them is brilliant!

Though still, them being mana wyrms, that are not "Mana #somthings" nor "Worms", but actually gilled, frilled and floating ..... Serpents :| #headscratch
They're such adorable little creatures, but I feel like the ones from the original TBC cinematic are what they were supposed to be.
But they just turned out so much more...stubbier that it's hard to really see them as the same thing.
The arcane serpents that came later look much more true to the cinematic.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

A few shots now my character is back (apparently if you have the falling through the world bug you can keep logging in and crashing and eventually your character will die and get sent to the graveyard!)

Bloodscale Wyrm

Spellwyrm

Jandvik Ripfang

Attachments
BloodscaleWyrm.jpg
BloodscaleWyrm.jpg (389.64 KiB) Viewed 2742 times
Spellwyrm.jpg
Spellwyrm.jpg (368.89 KiB) Viewed 2742 times
JandvikRipfang.jpg
JandvikRipfang.jpg (445.68 KiB) Viewed 2742 times
Vephriel

Those new mana wryms really are gorgeous, thanks for the new shots Wain! :) I'm excited to finally be able to tame them, they always felt like they should have been an option for blood elves from the start.

Still a little disappointed that they're just reusing the Draenor wolf model again (and the boars for that matter), but at least they've done some interesting things with the fur pattern, the new colours are very pretty.
Last edited by Vephriel on Sun May 08, 2016 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

*drools*

Do we have confirmation the mana ray & sea turtle are going to stay tamable??? I hate to be a Debbie downer but I'm not getting my hopes up just in case. :?

And WoW Crendor did a exploration video of Suramar and in said video he was attacked by a mana saber. They hit like trucks. Knocked off almost half his health in one paw swipe. :lol: And whoa they can jump. The leap they do looks much longer distance than the pandarin tigers. Wonder if they're bugged??? Anyone been attacked by one yet?

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

This might sound like a crazy idea, but can't we just group mana saber and mana wyrms into a single group; mana beast?

I think the Tortos modeled turtles could be mana beasts as well

And on unrelated note, now that we can tame ox, this means out of the four celestial, only the cloud serpent in untameable!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

pop wrote:This might sound like a crazy idea, but can't we just group mana saber and mana wyrms into a single group; mana beast?

I fear that would open up yet another can or wyrms ;)

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Well, that's frustrating. On a hunch I just checked out all the previously tameable spiders that use the new model, and ALL of them are now demons and untameable. So we're currently back to no available colours of that at all :(
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

SpiritBinder wrote:
pop wrote:This might sound like a crazy idea, but can't we just group mana saber and mana wyrms into a single group; mana beast?

I fear that would open up yet another can or wyrms ;)
I don't mind this can open up and let all the wyrms out.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Wain wrote:Well, that's frustrating. On a hunch I just checked out all the previously tameable spiders that use the new model, and ALL of them are now demons and untameable. So we're currently back to no available colours of that at all :(
GGggggggggrrrrrrrrrr :evil:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by moonone »

meanwhile, back at the super secret hunter meditation spot.......Wain and the guys are still just chillin at the entrance - but what is going on up there....

vroooom...

what shenanigans and goings on is happening here....

this guy is named. Tenderhorn races around and chills here and there , he does tricks :D in front of the cave sometimes.....
They are stupid cute running around up there. Nothing changed inside the cave or up top anywhere, other than the whole hunter lodge area has new "protected" critters. The only moose are up top at cave I mean super secret hunter petting zoo spot. Wonder if a squirrel will move into the cave with a quest to find his friend :O

Also - eagle flightpath is working now - you get all the locations I think - maybe there are extra - but they are certainly a nice compliment to normal routes. Speaking of eagle flightpath - last build there was an eagle added by the flightpath - or rather I think he was moved to an easier to see spot. Then there were some feathers spawned next to him when I got the flightpath perk. They are a glider thing. lasts 2 min flight and despawn in 3 or 4 min. Wondering if any rare spawns will end up in flight reachable areas? like this one I found after using one of the feathers.
nice big spot for a mob to roam around on :D
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Looks like someone let the moose out of the bag. ;)

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Our Minimoose Army has been discovered! Execute Plan Omega Bullwinkle.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

News that may upset some. But first remember this is Alpha and ideas may change.

It's likely that all spiders that use the new model will be demons, and we won't see any tameable spiders with this model at all. The lore behind this is that they are apparently all the spawn of the demonic humanoid spider creatures and not natural beings.

If this remains the case we'll probably keep them on Petopia, as we do gyreworms and grubs and things, but we just won't see any tameable.

As I said, they could always change their minds on this, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up.

And while I'm on this theme I should point out something I posted on the mounts thread, and that is that they've now removed all the falcosaur / feathered raptor mounts from the database. While I haven't had any official word, I'd say it's pretty likely we're not going to be seeing the wild version of that model either, in the near future. They must have decided to delay them till a later patch, or even expansion.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:News that may upset some. But first remember this is Alpha and ideas may change.

It's likely that all spiders that use the new model will be demons, and we won't see any tameable spiders with this model at all. The lore behind this is that they are apparently all the spawn of the demonic humanoid spider creatures and not natural beings.

If this remains the case we'll probably keep them on Petopia, as we do gyreworms and grubs and things, but we just won't see any tameable.

As I said, they could always change their minds on this, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up.

And while I'm on this theme I should point out something I posted on the mounts thread, and that is that they've now removed all the falcosaur / feathered raptor mounts from the database. While I haven't had any official word, I'd say it's pretty likely we're not going to be seeing the wild version of that model either, in the near future. They must have decided to delay them till a later patch, or even expansion.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I've never understood why they tie lore to a skin/model. They could make a cave, fill it with Rockborne Spiders (or some such name) and it be 100% fine. Wouldn't impose on the demon form in my opinion. Oh well.