Legion pet lists - UPDATED 20160514

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Re: Legion pet lists - UPDATED 20160504

Unread post by Aroim »

Ray, my Ray :3

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: Legion pet lists - UPDATED 20160514

Unread post by Kurasu »

This is on live, rather than in Legion, but someone may want to start a new goblin in case I don't get a Beta invite (because I haven't had one). Because in one of the beginning quests, there is this:

Mechachicken

It's listed as a 'mechanical' in the present incarnation. How about on Beta (when the time comes)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Friend of mine is playing beta, and at my request he went to Gnomeregan to solve the puzzles to get Friender and Sentient Mechanostrider. He's been stuck on Friender for over an hour (that 8 light one is kicking his butt), but when I went to look up how to get the Sentient one, it says it needs a Prismatic Punch Card. How do you get this, considering it's not possible on live with the removal of the white punch card's source?

My friend wants these two badly, and we just can't figure it out.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote:Friend of mine is playing beta, and at my request he went to Gnomeregan to solve the puzzles to get Friender and Sentient Mechanostrider. He's been stuck on Friender for over an hour (that 8 light one is kicking his butt), but when I went to look up how to get the Sentient one, it says it needs a Prismatic Punch Card. How do you get this, considering it's not possible on live with the removal of the white punch card's source?

My friend wants these two badly, and we just can't figure it out.
If the 8-light puzzle doesn't seem to be resolving, run out and reset. I had that my first time too. I swear not all combinations are solvable.

The punch card puzzle is much like the original in that you need to start with one (I think it's the blue one from memory?) and upgrade it using the machines around the instance. You can get your starting card as chance loot in the grimy objects you clean up.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Yeah, he reset the puzzle a while ago and it was done in three clicks. He was so frustrated from it lol.

As for the card, I'm glad to know that I didn't waste ALL of my time then! While he was doing the puzzle, I was off farming in Gnomer for the drops, thinking that the card dropped off of the troggs (Thanks Wowhead, you outdated database you!). Is it something I need to hold on to for when it hits live? Or should I go binge opening them now? I've farmed up 300~ objects by now.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm unsure if the cards are in the game right now. I wouldn't really bother holding on to grimy objects since you can just mow down the packs of mobs and farm them quickly now.
Acadion
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin'Tor

Re: Legion pet lists - UPDATED 20160504

Unread post by Acadion »

Wain wrote:

As for the turtles, as Acadion said, the stony turtles were replaced by the dark green Panda model. The new ones don't use the ID of the stony one, so it's not a direct switch. I couldn't find the remaining geode turtle he metioned, though. It might be on a long spawn timer. Again, who knows what their plans are there.
I went out to the same place with my lvl 100 hunter yesterday on the beta. After dying multiple times (they ain't screwin around, them mobs ain't) I found a single lvl 110 Stone Turtle at the top of the river, near a giant waterfall, next to the named rare Mana Saber that cannot be tamed (For some reason). So there's one. And as such it probably does have a long respawn timer. It's the only aggressive turtle up there.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

tameable

and I have found this near the Rar Manasaber, in a cave

tameable
Last edited by Aroim on Sat May 14, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Bacon-lisk :lol: :mrgreen:

Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kargath

Unread post by Twistedklown »

I need Baconbits and the crystal turtle. Can you give a general idea of bacon's location please? I may have missed it above somewhere from drooling over a bacon reference. :P
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Good finds :) Thanks! Do you have any details on them, like NPC id?

It's hard to view pictures uploaded to that third party site as if I click on them I get spammed by ads over the pictures and pop up windows if I try to close them.
Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Found Baconlisk. NPC ID is 103787

After dismiss and re-summon he was shrunk down to appropriate size.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Awesome :) Thanks.

EDIT: That's weird. A level 100 mob in Suramar! Most of them are 110 and don't scale down.
Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

I found a couple of the rares/vignettes in suramar that were 100. I'm guessing it was scaled down. Which is weird since nothing else there scales down. So you would get a level 100 in the middle of 110's or higher. Saw a lot of beasts that were skulls to me that would show tamable with beast lore. I forget, is it 10 levels or 11 levels above yours for the skull to show up? The neutral beasts at level 110 showed their level. So I assumed that the hostile ones with skulls were 111, but maybe they are 110. Showing skull in place of 110 because they were hostile. I was using beast lore on everything I could while running for my life LOL. I tried using camo, but most of the hostile mobs would see me through it from a mile away. Odd thing about camo is that it doesn't camo your pet anymore. Unless it's another bug.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It seems that if the mob is 10 levels above and hostile it shows as a skull. If the mob is 10 levels up and neutral / friendly it shows the actual level. I checked this out in Suramar on a level 100. I'm not sure if this is intended or not.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Wain wrote:Good finds :) Thanks! Do you have any details on them, like NPC id?

It's hard to view pictures uploaded to that third party site as if I click on them I get spammed by ads over the pictures and pop up windows if I try to close them.

Manapanzer 2.jpg
Manapanzer 2.jpg (342.93 KiB) Viewed 3238 times
The Rar Mob on the Minimap is Myonix, so i hope you can find it now (Tieflandmanapanzer in German is Lowland Manashell in English) it´s an Arcane Infused Beast
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Aha thanks :)
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Wain wrote:Good finds :) Thanks! Do you have any details on them, like NPC id?
For reference if you put this in a macro, it will tell you your target's npc id:

Code: Select all

/run print("Target NPC ID:", strmatch(UnitGUID("target"),"-(%d*)-%x*$"))
capitalization matters. If that's not working, you can try the simpler:

Code: Select all

/dump UnitGUID("target")
The npc id will be the second to last group of numbers, five to six digits long probably.
Dakender
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Madoran

Unread post by Dakender »

WerebearGuy wrote: (Thanks Wowhead, you outdated database you!). Is it something I need to hold on to for when it hits live? Or should I go binge opening them now? I've farmed up 300~ objects by now.

Same here on wowhead ;) I just updated their database with my step by step info on each of the Punch Cards :) Wowhead is only as good as the people who put info into it, and most of it is..... well..... you know.... stuff that does not really pertain to what you are looking for.. Hope my addition helps those out there. There is a spoiler at the end, so if you do not want to know the juicy stuff don't read to far ;)

As for holding on to them, yea I would, and am doing so on live, but so far I have only needed a few of them to get the yellow card.. As for opening them now... not sure, have not tested it far enough.. I do have the prismatic card on one toon on each of the two servers at the moment and keep checking them to see if they disappear or what ever over the next few days.
Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Near Myonix in the river I found a crystal turtle. Only 1 I saw in the area. Not the best picture as I didn't want to become it's breakfast since my aggro range at 100 seems to be half the zone.
NPC ID 111273

I really want 1 of these as my tank pet. Currently on live I use the ghost slime (Snot I call him) that thinks he's a crocolisk.