Legion pet lists - UPDATED 20160514

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Legion pet lists - UPDATED 20160514

Unread post by Wain »

Twistedklown wrote:I also noticed Baconlisk wasn't in his cave. Was he removed or did they put a longer spawn timer on him? When I tamed him before, he respawned in a minute or so.
My theory (can't be certain till the event pops) is that Baconlisk is the Suramar NPC for the "Slab of Bacon" world quest. The world quest can appear in any zone, and when it does a "Well-Fed" mob appears which you kill to get the bacon. In Stormheim it's a Well-Fed Musken, Azsuna it's a seal, Highmountain was a white moose (but I haven't seen it since Beta launched, I hope it's still there). My guess is that for Suramar they decided on a basilisk and instead of calling it "Well-Fed" they used Baconlisk :) I guess we'll see next time the quest appears.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I mentioned this in a thread in the main Pets forum, but also mentioning it here since it's Legion-related.

There's a really subtle difference between the Moonglow Locust in Suramar (left) and the standard purple firefly.

The new one has a different particle colour, resulting in a peachy coloured glow on its abdomen, instead of purple.

I'm not sure its creator knows what a locust is (it should probably use the grasshopper model), but it's cool to see the minor colour variant, anyway :) If they wanted to use a flying model for a pest that threatens the grapes, maybe they should call them fruit flies :)
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sweet about the owl and the short spawn timers! I hate really long spawn timers.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Soo cant see the difference between those two wasp :P :D #needeyeschecked

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tårnfalk wrote:Soo cant see the difference between those two wasp :P :D #needeyeschecked
It's very slight. Just the glow:

The first is orange, the second purple.

See it now? :)

When they're moving the glow trails behind and is a bit more obvious.
Attachments
PurpleWaspComp2.jpg
PurpleWaspComp2.jpg (31.95 KiB) Viewed 4085 times
Dakender
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Madoran

Unread post by Dakender »

Should we be looking for Unicorns or Sabrecorns or whatever they call them now? :) Or has anyone been testing them? And I searched the threads and haven't seen anything lately about them.. so if I am missing something let me know ;)

I have noticed lately, sometimes when using Dire Beast I get one to fight for me.... Isn't that mostly all the pets you can tame? And then sorta zone specific...

I went and checked out Sinister Leyrunner and Devious Sunrunner, along with the Veil Shadowrunners on the other side of the portal.. says they are not tameable.. YET? or wrong ones?

Just some thoughts.. strange, all the other pets Dire Beast will conjure up are all pets I can tame...

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

That hasn't always been the case. For example, on the Isle of Thunder you will sometimes summon a Pterodactyl with Dire Beast, though we cannot tame those.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

They always seem to add a few zone dire beasts that are unusual and untameable things, so they're not always indicative of new families. Unfortunately I don't use Dire Beast (or Stampede) anymore, because of the aggro problems they create and the graphical spammy mess they cause, so I no longer see what's summoned.

It's always worth testing other beasts simply to catch and report bugs if you find they're tameable, like the hippogryph, ray, etc. were. But if those sabercorns were turned into a new family then the name would also appear in the family database for that build so it should hopefully be obvious. It would only be hidden if they added them to an existing family. Things could still change but I think they are content with what they've offered us and I really doubt we'll see them in 7.0. If you look at Warlords, we also got four new families, three normal and one exotic, so it seems to match the current status for Legion. Curiously, in both cases the exotic family was one that people felt was a bit forced (rylaks, mana sabers) too. Hopefully that's not the start of a pattern :/
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Technically they wouldn't have to make a new family for the sabercorns if they wanted to flip the switch and make them tamable. They could be added to the goat or talbuck families we currently have. May sound asinine but they could fit in. Don't the talbucks use the horse mount skeleton as it is anyway?
Talbucks have horsey tails even!
Blizzard could easily make it happen for us. :D ;)

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

Hey guys, made a short 'n sweet video on taming Bulvinkel for anyone lost on how to find him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chHDvJFjekk

If anyone's interested in any areas, hit me up and I'll make some videos for y'all.
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
zedxrgal

Excellent video Jang. Love the music. :D
Seeing him in your video does give me hope though.

Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

zedxrgal wrote:Excellent video Jang. Love the music. :D
Seeing him in your video does give me hope though.

Aw thanks! Got a bit messy around the vrykul tho, if you're fast you can run up to that box and hop on it, but I missed. Whoops. :oops: Also the song is "Starting Over ft Sam Ruscher" by Geodesic. I got in to them via their Soundcloud, check 'em out!
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I love Thok but I think I would only tame it on my Goblin; its armor reminds me of something that an eccentric Goblin would make their pet wear.

Having said, I'm looking forward for any pets with Zandalari Armor made tamable. My Dinomancer Troll wants to battle in style.
zedxrgal

pop wrote:Having said, I'm looking forward for any pets with Zandalari Armor made tamable. My Dinomancer Troll wants to battle in style.
Me too me too!!! My troll girl NEEDS armored dinos in her life.

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

zedxrgal wrote:
pop wrote:Having said, I'm looking forward for any pets with Zandalari Armor made tamable. My Dinomancer Troll wants to battle in style.
Me too me too!!! My troll girl NEEDS armored dinos in her life.
Yup

Troll Hunter on a Direhorn with a Zandalari Devilsaur = hnghhnhnhnhnhnhnbgh

either that or the pvp raptor mount pet, that would make my day.

rp all day.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I was hoping they would make Oondasta's skin also tameable. Flagging Oon himself would be a disaster, but another mob or a rare spawn around Isle of Giants would work. An armored direhorn would be cool too.

I have this growing suspicion that we may have reached the stage in the beta where whats gonna be flagged as tameable already is.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Questing in Suramar I have found that the Jandvik Ripfangs, only source of the "Rustic" wolf look, become non-attackable after you reach a certain point in the quest chain. Essentially, the quest NPC tells the villagers you're under her protection and everything becomes neutral / passive. Maybe there's a later twist where they all become aggressive again, but the chain is bugged and I can't progress any further, but such a twist seems doubtful. Also, they don't have a faction, so you can't put yourself "at war" with them.

So unless they add it to another wolf it will also become unavailable after you do that quest. :( Maybe there's a rare somewhere, but if so I'm not yet aware of it. And the yellow rustic version was never available (again, to my knowledge, which is limited) anyway.

What I'm going to do is:

- post on the forum here a definitive list of Legion model colours that we can't find on tameable mobs. I already have such a list so it's easy.
- see if anyone knows of sources of any that simply may not have been reported yet. Colours used on very rare (or well-hidden) mobs are easy to miss.
- post a request on the official Legion forums for switching colours of certain mobs to allow some of the colours that are currently unavailable and hope for support from other Petopians. They may still ignore it but we can only try :) I see it as the only recourse at this stage.
Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kargath

Unread post by Twistedklown »

I'm sure this will be fixed eventually, and I didn't notice that this was posted before. But the Cursed Elderhorn in Highmountain seem to keep their red color and red glow aura in front of their throat when they are tamed. Also looks like their eyes stay red when on the character screen; even though on the character screen the elderhorn shows up in it's true color without the curse buff.

-EDIT- The "curse" buff the pet has does in fact work, and stacks. It increases the damage the target takes. And when it stacks it refreshes the duration. Definitely not intended to be kept after taming.

-EDIT 2 - I let the pet die to see if it still kept it's "buff" and it did not keep it. So it's like all of those old appearance bug pets. Although it does keep red eyes. Unless it's just my eyes playing tricks on me.

Last edited by Twistedklown on Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Perfect place for an rar Pet :D
Cave 2.jpg
Cave 2.jpg (364.78 KiB) Viewed 4080 times
Cave 3.jpg
Cave 3.jpg (328.47 KiB) Viewed 4080 times
Cave 4.jpg
Cave 4.jpg (319.66 KiB) Viewed 4080 times
Cave 5.jpg
Cave 5.jpg (195.49 KiB) Viewed 4080 times
Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kargath

Unread post by Twistedklown »

That rune in the cave 3 picture is also used in the hunter lodge cave where we have our imprisoned buddy that we need to figure out how to free.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.