Legion pet lists - UPDATED 20160514

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Legion pet lists - UPDATED 20160514

Unread post by Vephriel »

I would honestly love if this is intentional if we can get another exotic family in their place.

The mana sabers are really cool looking, but it just seemed so arbitrary to build an entire new family around yet another cat model that would only have 3 models. I think they'd be fine as spirit beasts (even though, again, WHY SO MANY CATS).

*crossing my fingers*
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Well I guess it's time for plant hydras to finally be implemented with an Entangling Roots ability (like spider web). I'd gladly take those as a replacement family. I'd also just like to tame a plant hydra. They're plants as savage as beasts, and we're being allowed to tame robots that have nothing to do with actual beasts in any way now. /salty

Also, I'm glad the Mana sabers are Spirit Beasts. I kind of wanted one, but didn't want to have them because I already have too little space in my stable as it is, but since I have all the Spirit Beasts, I now have a reason to get a Mana Saber. Though, multiple colors is going to kill my stable slots. Color changer Mana Saber please.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

If mana sabers were made to spirit beasts, they wouldn't really be the easiest to find/tame. Once you outlevel the spirit porcupines, they're trivial to tame, and they're practically always up. Finding a spirit beast hasn't been an obstacle to having one since the porcupines were added.

I'd hope for hippogryphs to be added. Or even make the group a little broader and include "wyverns" and gryphons, calling it "windriders". A special ability could be that they fly up to attack flying hostiles instead of being grounded (like those bugged? rylaks do).
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ah wow, that's big news about the mana sabers, and a complete surprise! I guess we'll soon see if another family is tameable in their place. It may not be the case but it's fun to speculate anyway. I'm kinda hoping for the owlcats or hippogryphs at this point, but honestly I'd really love for a hybrid family of the two plus gryphons. If you look at owlcats they really are like a flightless cousin of the gryphon. Still a bird+cat, just can't get off the ground. Cross fingers for something anyway :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

They could call the family "beasts of legend" or "twofors" or "a wizard did it".
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

Owlcats are basically owlbased hierocasphynx. I'd say if you could tame a gryphon you should be able to tame a wyvern too.

I could forgive a whole lot if they let us tame hippogriffs and griffins. I have a dwarf Wildhammer who'd love, LOOOVE to have a griffin pet.. I wouldn't call them very legendary in WoW context because hippogriffs and gryphons are both common as dirt. They're used for flightpaths!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Xota wrote:They could call the family "beasts of legend" or "twofors" or "a wizard did it".
Or Bitzas. Is that term used outside Australia? :) Bitza this and bitza that.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Surely this mana saber change has to be intentional. Unless someone made a really big search/replace mistake they'd had to have gone out of their way to track down and replace every last mana saber.

I'm just going through and testing every last one.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Is there a list anywhere of what pets will be tameable in the Pre-Legion patch?
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

If they are intended to be spirit beasts, they don't necessarily need to be challenge tames. They could change the skins to rare spawns, but even then its kinda weird. Spirit beasts are usually named and one of a kind. However there are many NPC riding these as mounts, and a few that have them as pets themselves. It would definitely break from the mold of how spirit beasts currently are. I'm ok with that personally.

If they replace it with another family, I love the hippogryph/gryphon/owlcat family idea sooooooo much.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Maybe the Manasabers could be placed into an "Arcane Beast" family? Like Spirit Beasts and Mechanicals, it would allow a much greater variety.
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

Guys are you forgetting the most obvious family!? Do I have to post ANOTHER pic of King Haggard on my twitter? I'm voting for unicorns Saberhorns!
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Personally, I'd rather the sabrehorns get added in to the stag/talbuk family. That way, we could have them tameable without having to over-extend a family. I know they're not stags, but I don't feel there's enough sabrehorns to justify a whole nother family.

Gryphs, there are plenty between the owlcats, the griffons, and the hippogryphs.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

In case this hasn't been posted: theres a little garden area in Suramar city that appears to only be accessibly via great eagle (or by goblin kiting from dalaran). It has 3 beasts that I found. Extremely high level area, dudes hitting me for 700k.

Shimmering manaspine 114775 (can't be beast lored). Uses Tortos skin. Elite 110 (scaling?), neutral.
Shadescale Wyrm 114770 (can't be beast lored). Uses new purple mana wyrm skin. Elite 110 (scaling?), hostile.
Domesticated Manasaber 114767, not flagged as tameable. Uses dark purple manasaber skin. Elite 110 (scaling?), hostile.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Shade wrote:Is there a list anywhere of what pets will be tameable in the Pre-Legion patch?
Not a separate one, sorry. Just anything in the OP here that is old world. So yaks, kodos, stegodons, shoveltusks, sand reavers, old style mana wyrms and the new mechanicals that Shem added to old world zones.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Wain wrote:
Shade wrote:Is there a list anywhere of what pets will be tameable in the Pre-Legion patch?
Not a separate one, sorry. Just anything in the OP here that is old world. So yaks, kodos, stegodons, shoveltusks, sand reavers, old style mana wyrms and the new mechanicals that Shem added to old world zones.
But the mechanicals will only be for those people who roll or race change to a gnome hunter, correct?
Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Shade wrote:
Wain wrote:
But the mechanicals will only be for those people who roll or race change to a gnome hunter, correct?
As well as Goblins
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

I'm totally happy with the Mana-saber change. Hippogryph/Owlcat/Gryphon would be the best replacement I could think of at the moment, unless there's some other prominent Broken Isles species I'm forgetting.
(While we're at it, maybe change Rylaks' family name to "Skyterrors" and include Wyverns, Ji-kun, and Pterrodax's? Just a random idea on the subject of flying-mount pets.)

By the way, did those Guarm things ever make more appearances besides that Helheim questchain?
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Vephriel wrote:I would honestly love if this is intentional if we can get another exotic family in their place.

*crossing my fingers*
I'll echo this sentiment. C'mon pterodactyls!
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

Wain wrote:
Xota wrote:They could call the family "beasts of legend" or "twofors" or "a wizard did it".
Or Bitzas. Is that term used outside Australia? :) Bitza this and bitza that.
Not around here. "Buffet-style" would be closest for meaning. There's a couple of words that work like how you're using "bitza", but they have a PG connotation. I doubt many American players would assume "taint" meant "Taint a quite a bird, taint quite a deer".