The Bear Necessities... [important news for bear lovers]

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: The Bear Necessities... [important news for bear lovers]

Unread post by Wain »

Wow, that's very nice work! :) Maybe a few other people can confirm that the appearance is linked to time of day and isn't just random.

So we're only missing one old skin now, right?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Nice find! :D What an absolutely awesome quirk (assuming that the functionality is on a day/night cycle as it appears).

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:Nice find! :D What an absolutely awesome quirk (assuming that the functionality is on a day/night cycle as it appears).
That'd be awesome if they did that with more pets.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I checked back early this morning, and he still had his rotten appearance.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

That's awesome! It makes sense; Felwood is a haunted place, after all. It also explains why there's more than one skin for him. Like the multi-colored Madexx.

So only one skin to go, and one new rare bear wandering around out there.

.... who shall be the lucky person to find where it is hiding? (If it's in the game; it wouldn't be the first time they created a bunch of new rares and didn't add them until way later).

EDITED TO ADD: Rare *bear*. I hadn't checked to see if there are rares in any of the other skins although maybe I should...
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Grimrot is awesome! I sincerely hope that the day/night is intentional, because that makes it that much more unique! I love my Dirge (diseased white bear), and I'm glad that he'll stay the way he is, but I may have to pick up Grimrot on another character just because I think he's that cool. :D

And I'm very happy for Veph, and all the others who have the diseased black bear, who get to keep their beloved appearance (in one way or another).

I must say, I'm pleased with how Blizz is handling this model update. I like that they're giving us options, rather than just a blanket change that affects everyone (like it seemed they were doing initially). I feel like it's a way to make sure there's something for everyone. :D If we ever get some kitty and wolf updates, I hope they do the same thing again.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Holy crap that's awesome!!! *happy dance* Amazing finds!!! So haappppeeeeeeee.

But.

I am going to be a hypocrite. I think. :oops: It could have been my drug induced state (had a medical procedure yesterday) but in thinking about it. I am going to give the new model a chance. :? I'll allow Rabid to change to the new model and just ................... see how it goes. I mean. She's had that bear from Silverpine since cata launch so I want to see if the bond will withstand the change because Grimrot is not her bear. I will tame Grimrot thought just in case. Yah never know. But I am truly ecstatic they've heard our plight and had done this. Thank you Blizzard/ Shem. :hug:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I don't think it makes you a hypocrite at all! It means you're open-minded, which is never a bad thing. And besides, you're allowed to change opinions! I do it all the time. :lol: "I will NEVER do blah-blah!" *booming angry voice* .....and the next day I'm like, "Well, I suppose I could give it a chance....." :lol: It's good that you have a plan B, though, in case it doesn't work out. :)

Hmm, perhaps I shall go have a gander on Petopia to see if the white diseased bear has a new model update, just to see if it's something I'd be interested in trying. See, you're helping! :D

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

I'm gonna give them a chance, because we've asked for them to be updated for awhile, so I should atleast try them. ANd then whine for them to update my Hyenas XD
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Agreed. The new model isn't bad at all now, and is a nice change in style. My only gripe remains the fact they switched all the old bears to it when it doesn't resemble them in the slightest :P I get that for the crow, which was a critter model, but not the bear. It's the equivalent of switching all the old boars to the spiky model or coyote-wolves to the worg model.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Wain wrote:Agreed. The new model isn't bad at all now, and is a nice change in style. My only gripe remains the fact they switched all the old bears to it when it doesn't resemble them in the slightest :P I get that for the crow, which was a critter model, but not the bear. It's the equivalent of switching all the old boars to the spiky model or coyote-wolves to the worg model.

True enough, lets hope they squish out all these model buggies so everyone has their choice of old and new, though I kinda like the day/night change for Grimrot XD that's pretty cool! Let's tell Blizz we like this bug! XD *holds Pirate of the Caribbean bear* I will call you BARBOSA! BWHAHAHAH
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

13thmaiden wrote: I kinda like the day/night change for Grimrot XD that's pretty cool! Let's tell Blizz we like this bug! XD
I can almost guarantee it's not meant to be a bug; there are two different NPC models, which means two different NPC skins. They're *intended* to be separate.

Whether it's a 'night and day' or a 'random respawn', I don't know, but it's *meant* for the same bear to be two different skin spawns, I'll wager.

I'd love if it *is* a 'night and day' thing; that would be *SO* much better for people who are after a specific skin, rather than having to camp for three days just to see Madexx spawn in the wrong color again and again. This way, while you might have to camp a spawn, at least you know *when* to look for it. ;)

I wonder if it despawns and respawns as the appropriate skin, or if you have to kill it in order for it to respawn. That might be an interesting test, depending on what they consider 'day' and 'night'.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Though I haven't gotten the times down on when they switch, it does seem to be a day and night thing.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

13thmaiden wrote:*holds Pirate of the Caribbean bear* I will call you BARBOSA! BWHAHAHAH
Bearbosa. :D

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I've been looking for Ol' Muddle for a couple hours now. Did sweeps of Western Plaguelands, Eastern Plaguelands, Tirisfal Glades, Silverpine, Hillsbrad, Ashenvale, Felwood, Darkshore, Azuremyst and Bloodmyst isle and Grizzly Hills all while spamming a target macro. Nothing yet. He seems to be a new rare, and his name strikes me as odd. Can't help but wonder if its a clue to his locale.
Last edited by Quiv on Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Awe thanks Rhyela!!! :hug: So glad I can help.

Part of me wishes the bear was the same NPC ID and during the day it was normal and at night it was the rotten version. But alas. I'm cool with this though.

Looking at him again last I actually cracked up because it was like he had this cheesy grin.
Like he's saying:
You think I'm ccuuuuutttteee. You want to love me.
:roll:

Then I laughed even more.

Part of me wanted to be like:
Humpf! Nuh uh! :?

But yeah. I may be really starting to like him. Maybe.

Bearbosa!!! Epic

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Blizzard's been known to toss things in zones that they normally wouldn't belong in (I.E. the devilsaur in Searing Gorge and the Ravager in Silithus) so it may not be connected to places that usually have bears.

.... although that said, I suspect we can rule out Vash'jir.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Kurasu wrote:Blizzard's been known to toss things in zones that they normally wouldn't belong in (I.E. the devilsaur in Searing Gorge and the Ravager in Silithus) so it may not be connected to places that usually have bears.

.... although that said, I suspect we can rule out Vash'jir.
Can we? I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to hide him somewhere in there. :lol:
ImageImage
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Valnaaros wrote:Got an update! It looks like both Grimrots are in the same exact spot, but not at the same time. During the day, the light grey Grimrot I posted is spawned. During the night, the rotted version spawns! Quite something :D
So daytime normal Grimrot despawns at 6:30pm server time. I got a screenshot of him despawning but its verrry faint. Waiting for undead to spawn (6:35pm server now). Will update this post when he does.

Update: Undead Grimrot spawned at 8:10pm (1 hour and 40 minutes later). I have a sneaking suspicion its not on a set timer.
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Rhyela wrote:
13thmaiden wrote:*holds Pirate of the Caribbean bear* I will call you BARBOSA! BWHAHAHAH
Bearbosa. :D

PFT! XD Awww yeah, that's going into the log now *Grimrot Bearbosa*

Ol' Muddle...well, it's definitely NOT a horde type name, Ol' Muddle almost sounds like a human or dwarf name. Have you tried around those areas? Maybe the wetlands or something? He could be a low-level new rare....

if not, he's probably hiding in the new lands.