Spectral Bear new model?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Joshinator
Realm: Area 52

Spectral Bear new model?

Unread post by Joshinator »

Does anyone know if the spectral bear "Arcturis" is getting a new model also in Legion?
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: Spectral Bear new model?

Unread post by Nazja »

Joshinator wrote:Does anyone know if the spectral bear "Arcturis" is getting a new model also in Legion?
He still uses the old bear model.

Edit:
I also doubt that that'll change, since Blizzard/Shem is saving the endangered, old bear model from extinction, by allowing certain rare bears to retain it.

Imo, Blizzard should add another bear Spirit Beast, so the fans of the new model 'll be happy too. Hopefully one that is celestial instead of simply spectral, like most Spirit Beasts.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I agree. Keep Arcturis as he is but add a new one.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

I don't think he would be changed anyway, since he's using the druid bear model, as far as I know. :)

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Smyelmdar wrote:I don't think he would be changed anyway, since he's using the druid bear model, as far as I know. :)
Druid bears are getting updated to match the new models so if he is, that would update him too.

LisaaraPokefarm

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, he doesn't use a druid bear model, just a standard old bear model that was modified to have spectral effects. There's no sign of him changing yet. Hopefully he won't, unless they yet make a much more subtle bear update.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:Yeah, he doesn't use a druid bear model, just a standard old bear model that was modified to have spectral effects. There's no sign of him changing yet. Hopefully he won't, unless they yet make a much more subtle bear update.
I dunno. If they gave him one of the Artifact Bear Druid models....I'd be okay with the change 100%. XD

LisaaraPokefarm

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

He's the only bear pet I have so I'm really hoping they don't change him, but either way it'll be neat to see what happens.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

The unique skin and spectral effect is tailor made to go together for Arcturis. There's so much transparency in it, I don't think it would work well with the new model. Especially not the spectral effect with all the polygons folding on each other, it ends up looking odd. It works with the spectral porcupines because it's their quills that you see too many polygons on, but the quills are important on porcupines. On the new bear, the tufts of hair would look really odd.

A new spirit beast bear, using a druid model but a unique skin, would work, but not as a replacement model. It would be just too different.
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

I don't know why I always thought that the model was of a druid bear. I guess it's because of the mane.
But I realise that you guys are completely right. The model is that of a regular bear, but modified a little.
So my guess is that the model won't be changed, since it has its own model.
Compared a regular bear and the spirit bear model:

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.