The Great Eagle

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kaellan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

The Great Eagle

Unread post by Kaellan »

I was at the Hunter Hold and saw another flightmaster 'the great Eagle' (I think that was the name). Does anyone know where connections this flightmaster is at? I've just started and I don't have any yet. Have they been added?

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: The Great Eagle

Unread post by Wain »

Well, there's the one at Dalaran behind the NPC who sends you to the Hunter Lodge, but so far I haven't been able to find another eagle that connects to that one!

In addition I've found two:

- one in the east of Highmountain, in the Snowblind Mesa area, on a pile of rocks that I found really REALLY awkward to get to the top of. At one point I had to use Disengage to propel myself across one gap, but maybe there's a much easier way I haven't seen. You can tell there's an eagle on top because you can see a green flight marker on your minimap, from the ground.

- One in Stormheim on a pinnacle a bit south-east of the giant statue at Sotnar's Rest. To reach this one I had to use the Stormforged Grapple Launcher you get during questing in the zone, but I can't remember where I picked it up now. You follow a chain of grapple points to the top.

Together, these two connect to the one at the Lodge.
Attachments
EagleStormheim.jpg
EagleStormheim.jpg (145.74 KiB) Viewed 1835 times
EagleHighmountainEast.jpg
EagleHighmountainEast.jpg (146.09 KiB) Viewed 1835 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

in the Lodge is a npc where you can skill the eagle flightmaster for your class hall (Class Hall Upgrader)
Kaellan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Kaellan »

Where is the npc in the lodge? Does the upgrader only appear after a certain point in the storyline? Thanks!

Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Yes, I think so

follow this way
Weg.jpg
Weg.jpg (581.73 KiB) Viewed 1833 times

that's the NPC
Bahn.jpg
Bahn.jpg (531.99 KiB) Viewed 1833 times
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

There's one under the A in Faronaar (Azsuna) that you have to use a great deal of climbing to get to. Makes me wonder if it links into the azsuna long-forgotten hippogryph somehow--I'm not on a hunter so I can't check it out.

Sorry if there is another thread on this, just was poking around and ran into it.

Edit: there's another on top of the Watchers' Aerie flight path on Isle of the Watchers.