More Tames

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Opportunity
Realm: Cenarius

More Tames

Unread post by Opportunity »

Some interesting new finds...
What do you think, will they stay or will they go?

Some short clips of them in action:
Great Sea Flatback (turtle): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AEDJiE ... Ul&index=2
Great Sea Ray (listed under the crab family): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAYsXuE ... Ul&index=3
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_050816_182800.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050816_182800.jpg (258.08 KiB) Viewed 2960 times
WoWScrnShot_050816_193847.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050816_193847.jpg (276.06 KiB) Viewed 2960 times
WoWScrnShot_050816_194857.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050816_194857.jpg (274.25 KiB) Viewed 2960 times
WoWScrnShot_050816_194814.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050816_194814.jpg (214.89 KiB) Viewed 2960 times
Last edited by Opportunity on Mon May 09, 2016 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: More Tames

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'd like to keep them, but I'm doubting we will.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Junrei wrote:I'd like to keep them, but I'm doubting we will.
Agreed. This part of the alpha is always the most heartbreaking, where you get cool tames like this and the hippogryph, and then they're patched and removed.

We could use some new Nether Rays, though.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

They will probably not stay, they just are too odd if they're not underwater. Unless there's animations for the sea turtles flopping around on land. If there were underwater only pets, then an expansion would have to have a zone like Vashjr.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

We can call them... nether turtles :) They swim through the nether!

Seriously though, I'd say it's 99.9% unlikely they'll be fixed as soon as they become aware of them. These are a bit sillier than porcupines and grubs. But they're fun to play with while they last.

(But really, we should have nether turtles!!)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Wain wrote:We can call them... nether turtles :) They swim through the nether!

Seriously though, I'd say it's 99.9% unlikely they'll be fixed as soon as they become aware of them. These are a bit sillier than porcupines and grubs. But they're fun to play with while they last.

(But really, we should have nether turtles!!)
I hope we get to keep hippogriff...I mean, this is an elven expansion, so hippogriff makes an awesome new family.

And also nightmare hippogriff would be cool!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

We're definitely not keeping the hippogryph, for now. Sorry.

I can say they are one of a number of families in consideration for the future, though.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Xota wrote:They will probably not stay, they just are too odd if they're not underwater. Unless there's animations for the sea turtles flopping around on land. If there were underwater only pets, then an expansion would have to have a zone like Vashjr.
There's one type of aquatic creature I would really like to see tameable.

Squids/Octopi/Kraken.

They already have the Ozumat skeleton, and they have those mindbenders. All they need is some land animations, which would probably look pretty cool.
Wain wrote:We're definitely not keeping the hippogryph, for now. Sorry.

I can say they are one of a number of families in consideration for the future, though.
Maybe hippogryphs can be introduced as hunter pets in a Legion content patch? Like mentioned before: there's quite a lot of night elf stuff in this expansion. It could be the Troll Direhorn of Legion.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Qraljar wrote:
Xota wrote:They will probably not stay, they just are too odd if they're not underwater. Unless there's animations for the sea turtles flopping around on land. If there were underwater only pets, then an expansion would have to have a zone like Vashjr.
There's one type of aquatic creature I would really like to see tameable.

Squids/Octopi/Kraken.

They already have the Ozumat skeleton, and they have those mindbenders. All they need is some land animations, which would probably look pretty cool.

Maybe hippogryphs can be introduced as hunter pets in a Legion content patch? Like mentioned before: there's quite a lot of night elf stuff in this expansion. It could be the Troll Direhorn of Legion.
Yaaaas I want cephalopods pleeeeeease

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

Qraljar wrote:

I am both disappointed and hopeful. Looking at the hippogryph pets, I can't help but think, "that looks right". There's a few pets (or npcs that people want to be tameable) that I just don't understand or are really poor choices for pets, but gryphs are the opposite of that. For me. YMMV.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Xota wrote:There's a few pets (or npcs that people want to be tameable) that I just don't understand or are really poor choices for pets, but gryphs are the opposite of that. For me. YMMV.
Yeah I'm with you there. But at least it's not because they don't think they're good tameables, they... just want to save them for another time or something. At least there's that :)
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

But. But. I want a hippogryph NOW! :cry:
They look so good with a hunter. Much better in my opinion that the mana sabers.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Tsuki »

water ray is much nicer than nether ray to be honest.....
blizz plzz

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Opportunity
Realm: Cenarius

Unread post by Opportunity »

How about some theorycrafting on how Aquatic Pets might work and how they would fit in? :)
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Psh. Just have them drift along beside you like every other aquatic pet out there. But drop the bubble 'cause it's awkward. I think the rays would look fine 'flying'. And the octopoids are, as people have mentioned, similar enough to mindbenders (and Syd the Squid) to do the same.

Easycakes.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

I'd have them stop at the water's edge if they were purely aquatic. Or flop around at walk speed for sea turtles. But definitely no bubbles. They look off-putting on minipets, and would be worse on real pets. Flying around with no bubble would be better than bubble. I already assume that nether rays, spore bats, and fen striders were undersea creatures that adapted to fly or walk due to the super adaptivity of Draenic fungus. Like fungal giants are supposed to be from fungal whales. Feeding an Azerothian sea creatures some magic spores that let them fly would be better than bubbles.

Speaking of sea turtles (Off Topic), this is what I expected when I heard deterrence was being renamed aspect of the turtle:
Attachments
aspect turtle 1.png
aspect turtle 1.png (117.1 KiB) Viewed 2960 times
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

Honestly the ray reminds me a lot of nether rays. I bet they could get away with it if they adjust the animations a tiny bit.