BM yells as of current patch master list

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: BM yells as of current patch master list

Unread post by Quiv »

Any audio of the sounds we can check out? Or youtube vids with them?
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

Sadly I have no idea at all how to make videos so that's not likely to happen from me. I AM ttrying to look through MMO-C's database since Wowhead's wasn't helpful, to try to find the appropriate sound clip so people can hear them. There's a small bunch of yells each.

Edit: Well I found ONE. http://legion.wowhead.com/sound=56886/s ... ummonbeast

Now to find the other ones. And the sound paths.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Thanks! Don't worry yourself too much with it though, I'll hear it eventually. :D
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I've only tested female gnome, female draenei, and male human yells so far, but they are:
sound/character/gnome/gnomevocalfemale/vo_gnomefemale_main_battleshoutlarge_01.ogg (through 07)
sound/character/draeneifemalepc/vo_draeneifemale_main_battleshoutlarge_01.ogg (through 06)
sound/character/playerexertions/humanmalefinal/vo_humanmale_battleshout_01.ogg (through 08)

When I replaced them with empty files, I no longer got dire beast yells. As you can see, not all race/gender combinations use the same formula for directory names. And they may change, since the human male didn't match the male humany "direbeast_summonbeast" sounds listed on wowhead.
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

That might be part of it, I can't even get my file browser to find those subfolders in the database. I need a better one to use..
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Well, that'll be a help at least since I plan to be maining a female gnome hunter. But I REALLY WISH this wasn't necessary. I don't understand WHY Blizzard thinks it's a great idea to keep putting in these awful, loud, obnoxious and repetitive noises even when people tell them repeatedly they hate them and keep building workarounds to not have to deal with them.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

^ I dunno, you'd think after the 'snufflesnorting' fiasco with worgens they'd be much more careful with noises. It just seems weird for a hunter to even HAVE screams, I mean as a real life hunter, I don't scream when I shoot my gun at my prey, I stay as quiet as possible. I mean are we screaming at our target or our pets? It's confusing and kinda nonsense.
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

Maybe they think it fits with the fantasy. Tarzan yells all the time too.
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

the sounds on wowhead are more like groans and grunts rather than something awesome one would say to his imposing faithful beast, I for one want my orc hunter to say to his devilsaur something more on the lines of https://youtu.be/mRszPLHDkXk?t=21s , maybe they will add a joke tome to learn new types of summon dire beast that has witty lines said in unusual voices, name it something like " Nesingwary's journal of bear arse lines " sort of like a pun on words between a badass and the standard grinding quests wow players know and low :D, are there not bear arses to collect after all? :D it could have serious lines like the one listed above AND more light hearted lines like a gnome saying " Discombobulate his apparatus " or a troll saying " Go an' get 'em mon " ( like Mandokir says " Go an' get 'em Ohgan ) . They could even add some flavor text ( a la green fire warlock talents ) to justify some lines using a darker voice like the one in the link, for instance " remember to use a deeper voice, makes ye' look all dark an' forebodin' "
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

Zulmalakhan wrote:the sounds on wowhead are more like groans and grunts rather than something awesome one would say to his imposing faithful beast, I for one want my orc hunter to say to his devilsaur something more on the lines of https://youtu.be/mRszPLHDkXk?t=21s , maybe they will add a joke tome to learn new types of summon dire beast that has witty lines said in unusual voices, name it something like " Nesingwary's journal of bear arse lines " sort of like a pun on words between a badass and the standard grinding quests wow players know and low :D, are there not bear arses to collect after all? :D it could have serious lines like the one listed above AND more light hearted lines like a gnome saying " Discombobulate his apparatus " or a troll saying " Go an' get 'em mon " ( like Mandokir says " Go an' get 'em Ohgan ) . They could even add some flavor text ( a la green fire warlock talents ) to justify some lines using a darker voice like the one in the link, for instance " remember to use a deeper voice, makes ye' look all dark an' forebodin' "

pffffft XD What would us Taurens say then??
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

something like "Send them to the ancestors" or a really, really, reaaaaly angry moooooo, like a really angry steer moooooo
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

As the bodyguards proved until they were hotfixed, I'd really get sick of a sentence every 13.4 seconds too. "Go an' get 'em mon" "Go an' get 'em mon" "Go an' get 'em mon" "Go an' get 'em mon" "Go an' get 'em mon" "Go an' get 'em mon"

dire beast resets /fast/
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I found the female Tauren's yelling to be annoying. I hate to imagine what it's like for the races that yell more often.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

The yells that are the least annoying are the ones that sound like, "Hm". Like you're a beast whisperer, relying on your animal magnetism and subtle signals.
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

No change yets on yells.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

I don't have audible yells, but I just noticed that the animation for the dire frenzy yell plays all the way through to where you're standing with your hands by your side, if your next shots are cobra shot. Barrage and multishot animation started when I cast them right after dire frenzy, but I did 2 cobra shots right after dire frenzy, without my gun out.
If I have my gun out, why I am I even putting it away to shout a command at my pet (or wild animals)? Can't I hold it ready while saying a quick "ha", instead of putting it away for to yell "yeaaargh!"?
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

By your avatar, you're a dwarf? Yeah they're one of the lucky ones with no yells yet.
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

New yells:

Tolerableish:
Troll Female
Male Tauren (very suitable tauren sounds, I think, it makes me feel very appropriate)

Bleck:
Worgen male. Instead of wolfy sounds it's just more YAAARGH and an annoying yargh at that.

No Yell:
Dwarf male
Gnome male
Dwarf Female

Ran out of customization options for the moment. Will check the others later.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Xota wrote:I don't have audible yells, but I just noticed that the animation for the dire frenzy yell plays all the way through to where you're standing with your hands by your side, if your next shots are cobra shot. Barrage and multishot animation started when I cast them right after dire frenzy, but I did 2 cobra shots right after dire frenzy, without my gun out.
If I have my gun out, why I am I even putting it away to shout a command at my pet (or wild animals)? Can't I hold it ready while saying a quick "ha", instead of putting it away for to yell "yeaaargh!"?
That was actually part of my repeated feedback/reporting during this beta. I mean the yells are annoying as is, but its really obnoxious to have them so blatantly... (IDK a good word for it, bear with me) "break the animation cycle". For Legion having smoother combat animations for classes and specs, it feels really jarring to see my character put her gun or bow away to scream, and do it so consistently.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

My blood elf female is my main and her yells are horrible. :/ Not the worst, but... I don't really understand this change. I won't be annoying just myself but my entire raid group as I run around screaming my head off alerting every enemy in the damn instance.

And it's not like they'll add the option to turn them off in sounds since only hunters are affected.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |