Ogdrul The Seeker

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kargath

Ogdrul The Seeker

Unread post by Twistedklown »

So has anyone found out how to release him?

I did another google search today for Ogdrul The Seeker. Few weeks ago I did a search only for Ogdrul without adding The Seeker after it in the search bar. It came up with nothing useful at that time. My search today only came up with 1 result for the wowhead NPC page for him. At the top of the google search it said it's usual did you mean.... Ogdru The Seeker. So I decided to check that out to see if there could be any references to this NPC. Found a lot of links referring to Hellboy. One in particular was for Ogdru Jahad. Which has some interesting information in it.
http://www.worldlibrary.org/articles/ogdru_jahad
The Ogdru Jahad are fictional characters in Mike Mignola's Hellboy comic. They are the Dragon of Revelation, and are destined to bring about the end of the world. Though the Ogdru Jahad are the ultimate antagonists in the series, they are not themselves active, their release from imprisonment instead being the object of many other villains' plans. They were imprisoned in their Golden Cocoons by the Right Hand of Doom shortly after the creation of Earth, but not before they spawned 369 children, known as the Ogdru Hem.
The Right Hand of Doom is Hellboy's right hand; the large stone like one.

Something else interesting, maybe a clue to what we're looking for is this:
Mostly inspired by the Great Old Ones of H. P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos (with some ancient Egyptian and Babylonian influences as well) the Ogdru Jahad are serpentine/crustacean entities which once resided on, and presided over, Earth. They are pitiless, chaotic, bent on destruction and subjugation and often so horrific in appearance that the mere sight of one of them sometimes induced madness. They are listed as follows:[1]

Amon-Jahad
Adad-Jahad
Namrat-Jahad
Irra-Jahad
Great Old Ones = Old Gods???

Checkout the link if you think it might be pointing in the right direction. Or I could just be reaching and grasping for anything at discovering what this guy is for.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Ogdrul The Seeker

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Well, the Old Gods are inspired greatly by Lovecraftian lore. Such has been known for a while now :). Whether the rest of what you posted has anything to do with Ogdrul, it is hard to say.
Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

I'm still reading that website, and stumbled upon this line:
The Ogdru Hem were eventually all disposed of, with many of them barely clinging to existence in some fashion, with the Ogdru Jahad sealed by their creator in a prison of crystal and placed in the heart of the abyss.
- EDIT -
Also found this further into the website:
While certain events have made it clear that the Right Hand of Doom is the Key to releasing the Ogdru Jahad, the actions of Herman von Klempt and the frog monsters suggest that there are other conditions that need to be met. The summonings of the Conqueror Worm and Katha-Hem were meant to lead to the Ogdru Jahad's freedom, yet Hellboy's right hand had no role in these schemes and were thus considered doomed to failure. Even Nimue being possessed by the Ogdru Jahad to serve as their vessel and conduit to prematurely enter the world also ended in failure yet began the series of events that would conclude with the end of humanity.
Moreover, Hecate tells Rasputin that he had no hope in trying to awake the Dragon in the events of Seed of Destruction - the only power that can free the Ogdru Jahad is Hellboy's right hand, and Rasputin is nothing more than a tool with which to manipulate and maneuver Hellboy. Upon hearing this, Rasputin loses control and attacks Hecate, who virtually destroys him, leaving nothing more than a tiny shard of his soul for the Baba Yaga to preserve in an acorn shell.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Looking at the Wowhead Artifact calculator, it looks like the hidden skin for MM is the crossbow. The Rhok'delar skin hasn't been implemented yet, and might not be till future patches (7.1 or so).
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Valnaaros wrote:Looking at the Wowhead Artifact calculator, it looks like the hidden skin for MM is the crossbow. The Rhok'delar skin hasn't been implemented yet, and might not be till future patches (7.1 or so).
Wait wut

Does it look just like my old Rhok, or is it HD?

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

HD
Twistedklown
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

http://legion.wowhead.com/artifact-calc#AraTI3A
Click on the appearances tab at the bottom, and select Wildrunner for the 3d animated version of it.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It is in the data, but not in the game. In the recent interviews, they said that there will be some skins that won't be in 7.0. The Rhok'delar one is one of them.