Pre-Legion Hitting The PTR *NOW!*

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: Pre-Legion Hitting The PTR *NOW!*

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

Quiv wrote:I've dabbled to get the feel of the spec. Its hard to cast any final judgment until numbers are tuned. I need to get recount or skada on beta.

As for the feel, I'm not a huge fan of MM's ramp with stacking vulnerable up, but I've never been a fan of ramp up specs to begin with. I've always liked burst specs that even out.
Yeah they seem heavy on needing stacks of vulnerable on a target to make the dmg really mean alot. I mean you're still throwing some good numbers but you really do dmg best with the max-vulnerable on the target.

I've been mostly messing around taming mech pets for the moment so I haven't gotten my put to reviewing MM just yet XD;;

BM is definitely still the lowest number in dmg of the 3 specs, but it's not as unplayable as I was afraid of since I switched out for Chimera Shot. As I said, if you rather the Dire Frenzy you can use the CD short to pop a heal on your pet as needed, but I just always feel like I should have another shot, and chimera helped fill it. That's just my personal feelings since trying the focus-regen build.

Anyways, tell us your numbers when you get recount on Beta, it will do us good to see some number crunching to figure out where we stand dmg-wise, even if it is the lowest.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Well it looks like SV is in the lead for me, with MM being about 12% behind SV and BM being around 18% behind SV. Very VERY rough numbers. I don't have any of the full artifacts unlocked, and with the tuning still pending, the data doesn't mean much honestly.

What did surprise me is how BM damage is distributed. The pet was around 20% of my damage, Hati 3%, and Dire Beast was shy of 2%. That would definitely shift once you unlock the full artifact.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Maybe once the artifact is fully unlocked BM will be somewhat better. Regardless it's still a 3 talent spec from what I've seen. :(

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Quiv wrote:... Hati 3% ...
Now I really really wish I could dismiss Moon-moon Hati when leveling.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Haha well don't put too much stock in that. My BM weapon was only started. Once you get the full thing unlocked, I'm sure Hati will contribute more.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Hati's doing their best. <3

Aww, now I'm reminded of Runty. >_>;

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Quiv wrote:Well it looks like SV is in the lead for me, with MM being about 12% behind SV and BM being around 18% behind SV. Very VERY rough numbers. I don't have any of the full artifacts unlocked, and with the tuning still pending, the data doesn't mean much honestly.

What did surprise me is how BM damage is distributed. The pet was around 20% of my damage, Hati 3%, and Dire Beast was shy of 2%. That would definitely shift once you unlock the full artifact.

3%? Bleeeeeeeeh D: I really hope they tweak that!!!
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Hati doesn't do anything else beside auto attack when you start. You have to unlock the golden dragon artifact trait that makes it do more damage. It's called Master of Beasts.
Master of Beasts
Rank 1/1 Artifact Trait
100 yd range
Requires Hunter (Beast Mastery)
Requires Titanstrike
Hati also benefits from Bestial Wrath and Beast Cleave, and deals damage from Kill Command.
So before we get that Hati will be near useless. :?
ImageImage
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Yes this is part of what I was referring to when I said Hati's contribute will change when the artifact gets fully unlocked.
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

oh great, we have to have 2 items to make Hati actually decent? *slaps forehead*
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

What other item aside from the artifact gun? I don't think the legendary that gives us back the current Adaptation from WoD affects Hati, unless you're talking about gaining artifact power? o_o;
ImageImage
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Its a trait in the artifact. Artifacts have talents of sorts, things you unlock in a tree as you gain artifact power. There are certain ones that really boost Hati's contribution.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Sorry Apollyon and Shikon, looks like you're going to be my "tool around town" pets while I use SV or MM for pretty much everything else. I don't like that you have to take Chimera Shot to make the rotation feel closer to what it should be in the first place, because I really prefer Dire Frenzy. I mean, it probably isn't fair to judge since I haven't tried it myself, but I know me, and I know I like rotations where I have things to do. I get bored otherwise. Even if BM was at the top in damage, I still wouldn't pick it because it would bore me to death.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Quiv wrote:Its a trait in the artifact. Artifacts have talents of sorts, things you unlock in a tree as you gain artifact power. There are certain ones that really boost Hati's contribution.

Oh okay, so it's building up the artifact's power. How are you suppose to unlock the skill tree??
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Artifact power comes from all sorts of sources: quests, rares, treasures etc. I'm sure there are others I haven't found. What I don't know is how long they expect to unlock the entire weapon (minus the bonus trait that only becomes available once the rest are unlocked and costs over a million artifact power). When I levelled to 110, I only had maybe 5 or so unlocked.

Edited for clarity.
Last edited by Quiv on Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

They said it will take a few months or so to do. Every time you unlock a rank in a trait, all future ranks become more expensive. Eventually, they start costing thousands.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

oh lovely.. and a gold sink to boot.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

How is it a gold sink? Doesn't cost any gold to upgrade it or purchase ranks. That is all done with Artifact Power.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Valnaaros wrote:How is it a gold sink? Doesn't cost any gold to upgrade it or purchase ranks. That is all done with Artifact Power.
May have been a misunderstanding when I said "cost over a million." To clarify, the last artifact trait costs over a million artifact power.
WhyNotCats909
Realm: Misha, Kul Tiras

Unread post by WhyNotCats909 »

I discovered that bears using the old models drop Crystalline Tears...

...why did the bear have to attack me!? Why!?

It was Ol' Muddle in the Hinterlands, for reference. Why was he also right next to another non-Beast rare that actually drops stuff? It's asking for trouble.
Please don't hug the shiny kitties. The shiny kitties are angry all the time, and I wouldn't want Crazy Red Eyed Kitties to nom your face.