Last And First Thing On Pre-Patch Day Plans?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Re: Last And First Thing On Pre-Patch Day Plans?

Unread post by Boven »

Hmm. Will Thok become tameable in the prepatch? If so, then one of the first things I'm gonna do is beg/bribe a guildy or two to help me get past whatisname the protodrake in SoO so I can tame me a cool dino.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Boven wrote:Hmm. Will Thok become tameable in the prepatch? If so, then one of the first things I'm gonna do is beg/bribe a guildy or two to help me get past whatisname the protodrake in SoO so I can tame me a cool dino.

Inside the building/palace on the top floor (where people picked up their Phoenix eggs or turned in their final MoP legendary quest), there are npc "storytellers". Talk to the LFR one and tell them you want to 'read the chapter about the underhold of Orgrimmar'. That will let you solo queue for the wing of LFR that Thok is in, allowing you to skip the protodrake boss.

You'll still have to fight/solo Molkorok and the Vault that holds the spoils of pandaria. But after that, clear shot to Thok :D

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Rikaku wrote:
Boven wrote:Hmm. Will Thok become tameable in the prepatch? If so, then one of the first things I'm gonna do is beg/bribe a guildy or two to help me get past whatisname the protodrake in SoO so I can tame me a cool dino.

Inside the building/palace on the top floor (where people picked up their Phoenix eggs or turned in their final MoP legendary quest), there are npc "storytellers". Talk to the LFR one and tell them you want to 'read the chapter about the underhold of Orgrimmar'. That will let you solo queue for the wing of LFR that Thok is in, allowing you to skip the protodrake boss.

You'll still have to fight/solo Molkorok and the Vault that holds the spoils of pandaria. But after that, clear shot to Thok :D

This is what I did, good way to farm the Blackfuse bombling pet each week too. :)

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Britty
Realm: Turalyon, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Britty »

Step 1: Cry because all my add-ons are dead
Step 2: Fight with Elvui so I can make the game work
Step 3: Send my transmog BoEs to a class that can equip it
Step 4: Clean my bank/voidstorage
Step 5: Go to Icy-veins and set my bars up for each spec
Step 6: Fix all keybindings
Step 7: Repeat Step 2-6 process on every.single.character (So....at least 15 characters *cries*)
Step 8: Send all extra transmog to my bank alt and figure out what to do with it
Step 9: Probably skip raid for the next few days as SO MUCH TO DO
Step 10: Work on Ring for all alts while relearning keybindings

Step 11: Beg friends to help tame Thok on Horde
Step 12: Beg friends to help me tame Thok on Alliance
Step 13: Make a list of pets to tame for horde (as I never really did with her)
Step 14: Run lots of old raids for transmog until demon hunters come out and then start that fun again
Step 15: Return to crying about add-ons not updated and eventually weed out old WeakAura strings that don't work anymore

I am starting to get stressed over this already >_< At least we have time until the invasions start.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

That sounds basically like my plan, only replace '15 alts' with something like '52'.... I mean, I have like 20 -100s-....

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Britty
Realm: Turalyon, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Britty »

Ouch! Yeah, I'm glad I really only got the horde to max level with some alliance characters here and there. Still going to be a total PITA resetting up every single spec for every single spec though.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Parked all my alliance characters outside of major cities and garrisons. :) Kalli and Ursa (and Skollas) are waiting to tame Cadmus first thing. :D

We're in the 11th hour before the patch, so I figured I'd mention the char movement in case anyone needed the reminder.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Why would you want to be outside your garrison? Are you expecting them to break?

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Pre-patch is live and well...

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

It's LIVE....

It's broke.

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Everything's far to laggy to do anything...can't even move my characters in any location without them freezing up for minutes at a time, let alone clean out a bank/void storage.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Well, my plans changed from moping to taking a nap. Hopefully things in game are working better now. And maybe I can figure out how to remove my helm. That's become my big goal for the day. Yes, I know, I'm dumb. It's probably very obvious to everyone but me XD
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Nachtwulf wrote:Why would you want to be outside your garrison? Are you expecting them to break?
More of a precaution than anything else.

As it turned out, my chars on a bigger server are having massive lag, while all of the ones I actually moved are fine. Go figure.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Zelhashan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Windrunner/Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Zelhashan »

The first thing I did was tame Arra'chea... I know he's not unique, but he was the first rare I EVER encountered on WoW in vanilla. I was so excited to hear he was tamable and had to get him... even named him "MyFirstRare"

:D
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Back in Vanilla, he wasn't a rare. He was a quest mob. And finding him used to be insanity-driving. ;)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

All of my "move all the characters to exodar!" seems a little silly in retrospect; servers came up at like, 8:30-9am and except for a few hitches none of the servers I tried logging into right away were terribly unstable. Granted, I didn't spend a lot of time in-game this morning and pre-raid (I had a commission that was due tomorrow that I was hauling butt on) so I probably missed the worst of it, but still.

I'm being VERY careful about transmog on characters that have looks I care about (and which weren't just "ooh, cheap greens" in the past few months) and manually searching each item in the appearance collection to make sure it's there before I vendor it. I was less careful about the four alts I just deleted to make room for Demon Hunters (and other alts) in potentia, but I didn't want to risk the (very slim) chance that someone might snipe my names in the few minutes it took me to log from my RAF account back to my main, and I didn't have the sense to clear them out before logging over and deleting my placeholders, lol :x

One of the placeholder characters will likely be leveled if I get the time between now and when DHs can be created—I want the gun from the worgen starting area (Cry of the Wolf I think it is?), but all my worgen so far have been clothies and druids. If I don't get around to it I DID delete FOUR alts and I only have plans for three DH (or more accurately, two DH and then either a third on my secondary alliance server or something else on that server with the DH's name) so I can always do it with that 50th character slot.
Teigan wrote:Well, my plans changed from moping to taking a nap. Hopefully things in game are working better now. And maybe I can figure out how to remove my helm. That's become my big goal for the day. Yes, I know, I'm dumb. It's probably very obvious to everyone but me XD
You may have figured it out by now, but if you go to a transmogrifier (either the yak or one of the ethereals in Stormwind/Orgrimmar/Shrine/Stormshield/Garrison) you have the option of hiding your helm, cloak, and shoulders from there. They're the first look on the first page of their respective tabs, regardless of how many looks you have for each slot.

Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Just a note I found: I was able to get into MC and tame a red core hound without much pain at 67.

After porting in, I turtle-cheetah sprinted past the first couple packs of mobs, then feigned when I was out of immediate re-aggro range. There was a single core hound down a level to the right, within range of a single cobra shot. I dinked him, and waited for him to run around to me; he only pulled one additional mob that died easily. Wait for the initial stun though, he hit me with a 2s stun as soon as he was in range, but didn't try it again once the tame started. Easy peas.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Target Goal MET.