Last And First Thing On Pre-Patch Day Plans?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Last And First Thing On Pre-Patch Day Plans?

Unread post by Kurasu »

We seem to have one of these every patch, so I figured I'd see what other people's plans are. I know what *mine* are going to be.

I'm sure we'll have one for Legion, but I'm curious to see if people are planning to set up for things pre-patch as well. What are your plans for the day the servers go down? What are your plans for the moment/day the servers go back up in the new, shiny (demon-invaded) world?

For myself, before the world goes down, I intend to first take most of my characters out of their Garrisons *and* out of Stormwind. That way, the massive influx of people who are logging in in their garrisons and Stormwind, and breaking (or at least super-stressing) those world servers may not affect me. As long as my characters are in a city where there is access to a bank, I'll be fine. *Especially* my main bank character; I already know where he's going to be put to make sure I get as much chance as possible to be in a non-crashing location.

When the servers come up, I'll be logging in my characters one by one and adding transmog stuff, not to mention emptying their banks while I'm at it. My disenchanters will be busy dissing everything for the goodies, while everyone else will be hitting up vendors; I'll only be keeping stuff that I have an attachment to (which, admittedly, is quite a few things).

My only other plan is alternating between getting enough shards for the unique stuff, and grinding dungeons for some more sets.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Re: Last And First Thing On Pre-Patch Day Plans?

Unread post by Xota »

Logging onto each character for transmog from quests. Then distributing all the BoE I have stored to fill in xmog more. Then selling or giving away the BoE I have extra of. Then redoing all my action bars, macros, and standardizing my keybinds better.
Then I'll try some fights I know fairly well, to see how much worse my damage/survivability is on each of my characters.

Then invasion event.
Then a gnome hunter.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I won't do anything before the patch but when it hits/is live and playable I will be:

Getting all my transmog stuff done! Including bank visit etc.
Checking the stuff in my bags for converted toys.
..Respeccing to survival!
Doing Invasion?!
Crying!! Lots of it because that's all I ever do really.
Start farming raids and dungeons for even more transmogs
Probably tame a bear

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

1. Log in to my 12 100s, get everything in their bags/bank/void moved into the wardrobe and then sold. (I have 50k worth of VENDOR gold just waiting!)
2. Set up my mains (Warrior and Hunter) in all 3 specs
3. Do Broken Shores on all 12 characters
4. Farm the invasions for all transmog/pets

Optional;
1. Tame a Arrachea, if it spawns.
2. Cry because I have no idea what to use my 100 boost on
Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

Logging onto each character, not just for the transmogs, but also to sort out their action bars for at least their main spec. Off spec can wait a little, but I can't stand my characters having chaotic action bars. Considering I've levelled one of each class for Legion just for the class storylines, that'll take a while.

After that, probably go around taming pets.
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

Before pre-patch get as much gold as possible from the Garrison before the nerf. After pre-patch, do the invasion stuff, get geared then roll the gnome hunter I've been planning.
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

Opening salvage crates. For days on end. I have 4 thousand of the things... so many transmogs to get.. ;_;
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Sadly I'll probably be working on 08/30. Hospital doesn't shut down just cause it's expansion launch. :lol:
Same as WerebearGuy I'll be getting on all my 100's and cleaning out their bags /bank /vault yadda yadda yadda. So so much gear to log. :roll:

Maybe tame stuff.

Have not decided beyond all the mog.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Unread post by Serenith »

Gnome hunter! Already have my name picked and know exactly how she will look so I am ready to go! <3

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Making sure my garrison missions are all done so I get the full rewards before the nerf and making sure the rest of my alts are where they need to be after the patch hits I will be making my new Gnome hunter and playing them from level 1.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Oh, that's a great idea! I'll have to move all my chars out of major cities too.

My first stop will be picking up Cadmus, my yak from the MoP beta, in the Valley of the Four Winds. He's the only tame I have planned immediately. :)

Then I'll start going through all my transmog gear and clearing out bag space. Whether I only do that on Kalli before diving into the Legion stuff or if I do the alts too is up in the air. (Probably Kalli, Legion, then alts. I have way too many alts to do that up front. But who knows? I might feel organized.)

Beyond that, I'm basically already set to go. I've got my preferred talent choices picked out on the PTR, so I can be up and running in BM spec immediately. I'll probably want to mess with the others a bit more on live before settling in, but that's not a big deal, since I know what spec/pets I'm sticking with. (It's so nice not being practical for a change!)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

Pre patch plans are to get some of my lv90+ alts to 100, get the vendor yak mount (already have the mammoth), gather mats, sort out my banks, and move all my alts to the Bloodhoof/Dolanaar inns.
I may also run a few dungeons or do quests for transmog. And try to level my undead hunter with engineering.

I may make a gnome/goblin hunter the day of the patch. I probably won't log into any of my lv80+ alts the day of the patch just to avoid glitches.
After that I'll be running around for the new tameables I want, fussing with my action bars, and doing the invasion stuff for loot.

A week or two after the wardrobe is in, I'll start deleting alts I don't want any more but kept around due to them having bop holiday gear. I'll also start clearing out the gear I no longer need to save for transmog. Not doing that right away incase it glitches.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Kalliope wrote: Beyond that, I'm basically already set to go. I've got my preferred talent choices picked out on the PTR, so I can be up and running in BM spec immediately. I'll probably want to mess with the others a bit more on live before settling in, but that's not a big deal, since I know what spec/pets I'm sticking with. (It's so nice not being practical for a change!)
Same for me, I'm ready to go for my BM come live. I also already farmed some decent polearms for my alt-spec SV Hunter.

My last plans will be making sure I finish my questing achievements on old-world stuff, so I can make sure to get my armor that may have been long-since deleted. Also to clear out my regent bank, on main and alts, and get rid of any materials I won't need for leveling (Keeping some stuff tho because there's always those higher end recipes that are still yellow/orange at the beginning of the expansion).

On patch day, I'm going to first do a log in spam, to make sure all my transmog looks are in place, then make sure to vendor everything once they're in. It'll be the first time since I've started WoW that I'll actually have bank space. XD

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Dealing with Transmog stuff...I can't really hit up the expansion with no bag space...
Bank and bag cleaning.

Then, see about making my demon hunter and gnome hunter characters.
Assess damage to my BM hunter main and assess damage to my Shammy Healer.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

zedxrgal wrote:Sadly I'll probably be working on 08/30. Hospital doesn't shut down just cause it's expansion launch. :lol:
Just hand out panacea to everyone so you can go home early.
mpd_84 wrote: A week or two after the wardrobe is in, I'll start deleting alts I don't want any more but kept around due to them having bop holiday gear. I'll also start clearing out the gear I no longer need to save for transmog. Not doing that right away incase it glitches.
Be wary, I don't know if they've worked out the kinks, or intended it, but deleting the only source character for an xmog might remove the item from your tab.

Also, I remembered I have to do pet farming pre-prepatch. I still am missing the seaborne spore from Tanaan, and could stand to have more pet charms. Before the Pandaren Water Spirit combo is nerfed.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

1. Tame Arra'chea on my Tauren Survival Hunter
2. Logging into all my 35+ characters for Xmog appearences and Action Bars.
3. Try Legion Invasions out, may or may not do them tbh.
4. Create my Puntress
5. Level my Tauren Surv Hunter until Demon Hunters are playable. If I get her to 100 before Legion, I'll level my new Gnome.
6. Felf it up

Until then, playing my main Beast Mastery hunter a lot before the spec changes.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Right now, I'm running around collecting more toys because there's not much to do, plus there's now a mount reward for toys.

But on the day of the patch, like most of you I'll be logging into all of my characters to add all of the new transmog appearances, toys and fix up their action bars, then go try out invasions. I already main MM for raiding, so I'll probably stick with that due to the sorry state of BM but we'll see.
Last edited by Lupen202 on Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Leading up to the patch I've been going back to do quests/dungeons for transmog, trying to finish up the Brawler's Guild (because nothing like having it took out to light the fires needed to motivate me to complete the task that's been in the game for ages), and trying to clean out inventory space. After the patch do the Demon Invasion on my various toons, work on a Demon Hunter when it becomes available.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

The day before I'll make sure I get all garrison gold rewards and park everyone in a sensible place (thanks for the idea, Kurasu - hadn't even crossed my mind!)
On actual patch day I'll probably start by making my Gnome hunter, the survival hunter and possibly a Demon Hunter if they are available for pre-orders already. Then it's off to sort everyone's banks to get rid of the transmog things I've been hoarding for a while now. I hate having cluttered storage so it will be a real relief to get them out. Next I'll tame new pets on appropriate hunters and finally I'll go through each character and probably run an instance or two on all of them to get a feel for the new playstyles.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I've changed my mind!
I must follow the crowd and lemming up and move all my girls out of their garrisons, major cities etc.
THEN I'll muck with trasmog stuffs
I'll probably stop resisting the temptation to make my gnome huntress and boost her.

Shoot. I need to start running old dungeons /raids and get whatever remaining gear for mog sets.

I am not going to much with demon hunters till the hype dies down a little.

Aren't we getting one new character slot too?

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!