Potential Mana-saber Replacement Exotic ideas/discussion

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

What would you like to see as an exotic family replacement, should one be implemented?

Feathermanes (Owlcats, Gryphons, and Hippogryphs)
59%
Skyterrors (Rocs, Dread Ravens, and maybe Pterrowings)
31%
Saberhorns (Coursers / Zhevras)
10%
Other
No votes
No replacement family
No votes

Total votes: 49

Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Potential Mana-saber Replacement Exotic ideas/discussion

Unread post by Bambu »

I figured it'd be nice to have a centralized thread concerning the possibility they'll replace Mana-sabers (which have become spirit beasts) with another exotic family. Purely speculation.

Right now the two most popular ideas seem to be Rocs/Dread Ravens and Gryphons/Hippogryphs/Owlcats. Both would be phenomenal, but if there was only time to implement one (may not be enough time for that even.) I think I'd rather see Gryphons/Hippogryphs/Owlcats as "Feathermanes" (a name suggested in another thread which is pretty great) first because I feel like the new Exotic family replacement should have a large presence across Broken Isles. Rocs just don't seem to have much of a presence besides certain parts of Highmountain, while Various "Feathermanes" are found across multiple zones if I recall correctly.

Sorry if this topic should remain in the stickied thread, feel free to delete or lock if so!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Potential Mana-saber Replacement Exotic ideas/discussion

Unread post by Wain »

It's good to get all this discussion out of that thread, so thanks :)

I edited your poll, sorry, and added Saberhorns ;) Only because they were the other group that was majorly mentioned in the other thread.

EDIT: And apparently that wiped the poll. Double sorry :( At least it had only just started.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ahh as much as I'd love hippogryphs, the Skyterrors have my vote for sure. :D Give me those birds. <3
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Gave my vote to Skyterrors as well, though admittedly I feel that Feathermanes would fit the expansion at this point better. Hippogryphs everywhere, and owlcats are a new Legion species if included in the family.

Granted, Rocs are a Legion species too.

... Why not both?

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I'm with Lupen too, I think both would work just as well, but I just think that the new Roc models are just amazing and if we have a chance to use them while they are relevant, let roc'n'roll :P

That said I'm not 100% sure Pterrowings fit particularly well due to them being rather anatomically different to Rocs/dread Ravens, but I kind of what them to be tamable too :|

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I voted for the feathermane group but only because there isn't a "all the above" option. :lol:
I've wanted a hippogryph since like the start of wow. Lol
So they're my first choice

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The only sad thing about hippogryphs for me is that there is no Corrupted model as a wild beast. :( </3 I love my fel hippogryph.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

I voted Skyterrors because they feel more exotic to me, while Feathermanes would seem more like normal pets. If possible I'd like both to be added. :D
ImageImage
cerpin
Realm: moonguard

Unread post by cerpin »

I voted for feathermanes only because they fit well with the expansion...because tbh, I want all of the options, hahah. Especially the pretty not-unicorns.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Where's the all option?? D8 ALL. VOTE ALL.

I'd seriously take any, but if it had to be one, it'd be the owlcats/hippogryphs/gryphons/etc group.

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Skyterrors, just because Zhevras and Hippogryphs don't feel right as BM only.

Hippogryphs in particular, as Beast Mastery is specialized in guns in Legion, and Hippogryphs are associated with Night Elves. And Night Elves with guns... just don't look right.

Though personally I'd have preferred Scalehides as the new exotics, but that's just me. I'd prefer Skyterrors as an extension of dinomancy, then the other 2 as new pet families in general.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote:The only sad thing about hippogryphs for me is that there is no Corrupted model as a wild beast. :( </3 I love my fel hippogryph.
If they become tameable hopefully they'll go back and add a few rares. The burning ones really do belong in the Molten Front :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I voted Feathermanes because they're a gorgeous and diverse family. I'm not even much of a cat person yet I've found the owl cats to be totally, heart-meltingly adorable. And hippogryphs are clearly related yet convey a very different manner and look so dignified.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Rikaku wrote:Where's the all option?? D8 ALL. VOTE ALL.

I'd seriously take any, but if it had to be one, it'd be the owlcats/hippogryphs/gryphons/etc group.
This, pretty much! I'm ridiculously fond of the owlcats - they're just so unique and pretty (and cute!) and would make me feel better about them not adding those falcoraptors which I was completely head over heels for.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Wain wrote:It's good to get all this discussion out of that thread, so thanks :)

I edited your poll, sorry, and added Saberhorns ;) Only because they were the other group that was majorly mentioned in the other thread.

EDIT: And apparently that wiped the poll. Double sorry :( At least it had only just started.
Thank you I forgot about the Saberhorns somehow! No need to be sorry btw.
Everyone wrote:Why's there no "All of the above" option?
Because it'd be the obvious winner, I'm curious to see which is most popular among people here, poll's just for fun anyway. I guess it could have been worded better though...
SpiritBinder wrote:That said I'm not 100% sure Pterrowings fit particularly well due to them being rather anatomically different to Rocs/dread Ravens, but I kind of what them to be tamable too :|
Yeah, I was iffy about lumping them together. I figured "big scary flappy death from above" so threw them in with a "maybe" attached. I'd prefer an extended Tome of Dinomancy for them in their own family with Pterrodaxes personally.

I kind of doubt there will be a replacement at this point in development. I would positively love to be wrong about that of course.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Feathermanes or Skyterrors would be fine for me. Sabers would be great too.
Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Dalaran - US

Unread post by Helsinki »

I want all of the pets listed, but I don't want any of them to be exotic. BM is in a pretty terrible spot and it would be sad to make any of these awesome pets exotic when so many hunters will be going MM or surv to avoid the snoozefest that is BM.

That said, I'll probably still be BM personally. But I really wish that the BM "perk" didn't revolve around exotics anymore.
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

Given I've expressed my love for hippogryphs before, I guess it's obvious what I voted for :P

I wouldn't mind the others, but they are by far my favorite choice.
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Helsinki wrote:I want all of the pets listed, but I don't want any of them to be exotic. BM is in a pretty terrible spot and it would be sad to make any of these awesome pets exotic when so many hunters will be going MM or surv to avoid the snoozefest that is BM.

That said, I'll probably still be BM personally. But I really wish that the BM "perk" didn't revolve around exotics anymore.
Yeah, I've got to agree. Sadly while I'll give it a shot the chances I'll enjoy BM long-term this expansion are slim, and it's a shame that it's the only spec that gets to tame and enjoy quite a good number of pet looks. Survival in particular would be a great fit for exotics.

I used to like exotics being Beastmastery-only to keep the spec unique. Because that was what set them apart, their biggest perk. But due to all the changes made that's no longer the case; the specs already feel very different and that has nothing to do with whether they have a spirit beast, devilsaur or corehound by their side. It seems having hoards of pets fighting for you is the "class fantasy" and what sets BM apart now, rather than having one unique, special pet.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Feathermanes fo' sho'! I've wanted a hippogryph or gryphon pet since the dawn of WoW, so I'd be so stoked if they were ever made tamable. Plus, there are so many beautiful hippogryph colors, and they already inhabit several zones. It seems like the most natural choice to me. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.