Small question concerning Hati

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Small question concerning Hati

Unread post by Golden »

So I know we're getting an item that allows us to change Hati into one of our tamed pets. Does it also affect his (her?) name, or will I be forever stuck with just Hati? I was thinking that I'd love to change him into my Ghost Saber on my main, but having Usva suddenly being called Hati in-game feels kind of... weird.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Small question concerning Hati

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It stays Hati, sadly :(
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Ack, just what I feared. :( Thanks though.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

It's too bad, as much as I prefer to only have one pet, if I have to have two out, I'd like to be able to have Huginn and Muninn. Or to set my gun-pet to a robo-squirrell named Ratatatask. Or set the thunderspark guardian to Thok and name it Grendel.

Maybe there should be a "Certificate of long-term pet-sitting".
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Other question: if you use the swapper, does the appearance automatically match your active pet, or just the one you had at the time?

So can you have (example) a blue and purple owl, or will it only be 2 blue or 2 purple owls?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It'll stay whatever appearance you set it as, so you can mix and match :)
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

any word yet on whether they're going to lower the level restriction for the swapper item?
I find it frustrating to look forward to all that time levelling with ugly dog Hati at my sides.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Nope, they haven't lowered it nor mentioned doing so. Whilst still possible that they could change it, I doubt they will at this point. They announced that the current Challenge Mode season is coming to an end soon, and will probably announce the end of the current Arena season. Typically, that means that the Beta will be over soon.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

whats this hati?
i havent gotten beta + i dont play ptr because its 2 big of a file and my space isnt that much.

aswell as what spec?

i havent caught up with wow in a while because ive been broke most of the time, someone keep me to date? XD
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

Not to be rude (honestly, I know it will probably sound that way), but pretty much any site can give you a cohesive and 100% accurate rundown of that info. You could've already found out what you needed just by searching wowhead.

If you still need the info:

Hati is a "Second pet" that comes from the BM artifact weapon Titanstrike. He acts kind of like an additional pet, and some artifact abilities let him use Kill Command and Bestial Wrath as well. There's an item that turns him from the default blue lightning worg into your current pet.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Equeon, as we've found even in this stuff for Legion, WoWhead is definitely not 100% accurate all the time, if at all. They make mistakes too and WoWHead can be confusing. Nothing wrong with people asking here. It's what the forums are for. :)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

True, wowhead isn't always correct, but things like which hunter spec has two specs or details on the Artifacts are correct. They have in depth guides over there that are usually updated in light of new info.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yeah, but WoWHead is really slow to load sometimes due to the massive amount of ads. We dunno if they are able to access a computer right at this time or just want a quick summary rather than scrolling through comments and speculations. WoWHead is a little odd to navigate sometimes. Their navigation drives me nuts, personally. Seems so cluttered. Either way, people can ask stuff here. Nothing wrong with it.

LisaaraPokefarm

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I agree with Junrei about that....

But anyway, I didn't even know about the "change Hati into a pet thing" since I don't have beta and haven't followed things to closely. Frankly, they lost me at Hati....That's interesting, and might make me hate what they did to BM a little less. But, the name doesn't change, so that doesn't help much. Unless I'm using a Skoll named Skoll I don't want it's partner named Hati.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Removed

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Teigan wrote: But, the name doesn't change, so that doesn't help much. Unless I'm using a Skoll named Skoll I don't want it's partner named Hati.
This was really an issue I had with the Essence Swapper as well. I was excited for it, until I found out it doesn't change Hati's name. Just because Hati may look like my other pets, doesn't mean it is that pet and the fact the name doesn't change kind of is a deal-breaker on that item for me.

But, I am still glad they added the item. It's definitely better to have the option than have no option at all. But for me, it isn't enough to make me 'feel' like I'm using 2 of my own pets.

Though, has anyone yet figured out how to swap Hati back to "default Hati" once you use the Essence Swapper on him?

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

Junrei wrote:Yeah, but WoWHead is really slow to load sometimes due to the massive amount of ads. We dunno if they are able to access a computer right at this time or just want a quick summary rather than scrolling through comments and speculations. WoWHead is a little odd to navigate sometimes. Their navigation drives me nuts, personally. Seems so cluttered. Either way, people can ask stuff here. Nothing wrong with it.
Yeah, in retrospect I probably shouldn't have said anything negative. At the end of the day it's always nicer to get the information from a small hunter community instead of a big impersonal guide anyway. ;)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

It's alright, Equeon! I doubted you meant it to come off bad. ^.^

On topic, I'm a bit annoyed you can't change Hati's name either. I was looking forward to it until...well...that.

LisaaraPokefarm

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I always un-select the option to show friendly pet/minion names :mrgreen:

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

That too is an option Rawr but then you cannot see your own pets name which would bother me more. :lol:

I have started looking at Hati in a different light though. He's just another companion /garrison follower that helps out. He's NOT a second pet or anything the like. He's just there. I think that will help me with all his shortcomings.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!