Hunter Artifact Hidden Effects.

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Hunter Artifact Hidden Effects.

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Does anyone know if a hidden effect has been found for Beast Masters yet? All I've been able to find is....

SV: When you are low on health a giant eagle will come to your aid for 10 sec. This can only occur once every 3 min.

MM : Thas'dorah creates an aura of fast moving wind around its owner, gradually increasing movement speed of any party members within 8 yards.

http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=219223/windrunning

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Hunter Artifact Hidden Effects.

Unread post by Wain »

BM: when your pet dies and you feign death, Hati will drag the packs of aggressive mobs back to you so they can bombard you to death with their AoE.

;P
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

There's Stormshot in the Wowhead database (three copies of it, actually) which says that after Aspect of the Wild's duration has run out, your next Cobra Shot will also hit the target for 500% AP in damage. I was deliberately not paying attention to alpha changes and such (because I was super bitter about not being in it, oops) so I don't know if that's an old artifact trait that got axed or something else; I haven't actually seen that happen visually nor seen a combat log entry for it either, but I've mostly been running MM on beta outside of rotation practice on target dummies, so there hasn't been much chance for it.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Zalani
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring, Arathor, Moon Guard(US)

Unread post by Zalani »

From what I last saw Survival Hunters also turn into an eagle spirit that can fly after death, pretty helpful.
http://i.imgur.com/cghjqvm.jpg
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Xella wrote:There's Stormshot in the Wowhead database
That's an old/removed artifact trait.

I don't think Titanstrike has a hidden effect, which is weird since SV has two and MM has one. I don't pay attention to other classes so I don't know if there are any other artifacts without hidden effects.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Wain wrote:BM: when your pet dies and you feign death, Hati will drag the packs of aggressive mobs back to you so they can bombard you to death with their AoE.
;P
priceless.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Perhaps they consider that they did enough with Hati already. Maybe that's the reason for the spec being more barebones in its entirety, because they did so much work required adding the guardian pet that we could transmog. It would have taken a lot of time to tweak it as much as they have, it's just sadly something that a lot of us are more infuriated with rather than enjoying (aside from the transmog), as it's uncontrollable and unpredictable. Even now, if there was a weapon available that had the same level as the artefact then I'd sadly ditch Titanstrike without blinking and never worry about it again.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Has anyone watched the Q&A video yet?

I haven't yet, but I see MMO-Champ has a summary up in bullet points. Most relevant to this thread is probably:
Hidden Artifact Appearances
  • Hidden appearances is one area where there isn't equality between the classes and specs.
I'm curious if their statement includes the BM weapon, and also what "isn't equality" really means. I'm curious if the lack of parity is deliberate, because they consider other aspects of the spec balance it out (in which case I think they have it wrong with respect to BM), or that their time management for this was poor and they spent more time on the things that excited them and less time adding something for everyone.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Wain wrote:Perhaps they consider that they did enough with Hati already. Maybe that's the reason for the spec being more barebones in its entirety, because they did so much work required adding the guardian pet that we could transmog. It would have taken a lot of time to tweak it as much as they have, it's just sadly something that a lot of us are more infuriated with rather than enjoying (aside from the transmog), as it's uncontrollable and unpredictable. Even now, if there was a weapon available that had the same level as the artefact then I'd sadly ditch Titanstrike without blinking and never worry about it again.
Yup, instead BM is given the worst design in term of aesthetics for their artifacts. coughboarsnoutcough. MMOchampion's Titanstrike video has the most dislikes compared to the other artifacts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zk99lScw9Q
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Wain wrote:BM: when your pet dies and you feign death, Hati will drag the packs of aggressive mobs back to you so they can bombard you to death with their AoE.

;P

BM always gets the coolest stuff!
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Wain wrote:Has anyone watched the Q&A video yet?

I haven't yet, but I see MMO-Champ has a summary up in bullet points. Most relevant to this thread is probably:
  • Hidden appearances is one area where there isn't equality between the classes and specs.
I'm curious if their statement includes the BM weapon, and also what "isn't equality" really means. I'm curious if the lack of parity is deliberate, because they consider other aspects of the spec balance it out (in which case I think they have it wrong with respect to BM), or that their time management for this was poor and they spent more time on the things that excited them and less time adding something for everyone.
The "bow" hidden appearance for BM is something in BM's favour, if you like that model. It's supposed to be significantly easier to get, just so BM who want a bow don't have to wait as long. Unless there's a super awesome super secret Titanstrike perk, I'm afraid they figured Moon Moon was a perk itself.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Boven wrote:
;P
BM always gets the coolest stuff!
Looks like I spoke too soon since they finally made Hati feign death when your pet does. Waking your pet up again still bugs out at times but dismissing it now cancels the FD buff where before it didn't. So it's much better than it was. :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Xota wrote:

The "bow" hidden appearance for BM is something in BM's favour, if you like that model. It's supposed to be significantly easier to get, just so BM who want a bow don't have to wait as long. Unless there's a super awesome super secret Titanstrike perk, I'm afraid they figured Moon Moon was a perk itself.
I hadn't even heard of the bow appearance for Titanstrike till recently. That's a huge improvement :). And Moon Moon. Laugh.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

As others have already answered, based on the video (at least when I watched it live), the statement about "there isn't equality" was about how the hidden appearances were obtained and nothing more. Craig was talking about how some hidden artifact appearances are much harder to get for some specs then others. Hunters were the common example actually in the video too. He stated that specifically some artifacts were made easy to get because (as in the case of Hunters) some identified "purely as bow hunters and others purely gun hunters". And Craig acknowledged that there was a lot of feedback based on people being suddenly "forced" into that type of weapon.

So the reason BM's "Titanstrike" hidden appearance "Titan's Reach" is actually just an expensive vendor item is because they specifically wanted to alleviate concerns about bow-hunters who did not want to use a gun.

So that's what the "isn't equality" statement was about. Basically that in some cases, some can run to a vendor or rep vendor and pay a high amount of gold to get their Hidden appearance, while some classes and some specs still have not actually discovered where their hidden appearances are yet.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That makes sense. Thanks :)
Pewmew
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: aegwynn

Unread post by Pewmew »

Xota wrote:

It's a 5k gold purchase from the engineering merchant in Dalaran. Not very hidden or difficult to get. :roll:
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

None of the hidden appearances for Hunters are hidden or difficult. The MM appearance is sold by the Court of Farondis quartermaster at Revered, and the Survival appearance is dropped by Ursoc on any difficulty in the Emerald Nightmare raid.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Rikaku wrote: So the reason BM's "Titanstrike" hidden appearance "Titan's Reach" is actually just an expensive vendor item is because they specifically wanted to alleviate concerns about bow-hunters who did not want to use a gun.
Even as someone who has trouble making gold, 8,000g is hardly expensive. Especially with the amount of gold from Legion quests.

Compare that to the criteria for other hidden appearances, and I think it's pretty obvious why BM hunters don't have a hidden effect on their artifact.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Myzou wrote:
Rikaku wrote: So the reason BM's "Titanstrike" hidden appearance "Titan's Reach" is actually just an expensive vendor item is because they specifically wanted to alleviate concerns about bow-hunters who did not want to use a gun.
Even as someone who has trouble making gold, 8,000g is hardly expensive. Especially with the amount of gold from Legion quests.

Compare that to the criteria for other hidden appearances, and I think it's pretty obvious why BM hunters don't have a hidden effect on their artifact.

I'm only describing it the way Craig did in the live video as a means of explanation to the question presented XD

There are some people who may find 8,000 gold for a single item appearance "expensive". I know people who have a ridiculous amount of gold across several characters who won't spend the gold for any form of flying speed above 150% because to them it is "expensive" for what they view is a 'small perk'.

Though I don't see why having an easy to obtain hidden appearance has anything to do with a "hidden effect"? As Valnaaros pointed out, the MM appearance one is also on a vendor. The SV one can be obtained in even LFR. So those are all 'easy', so I'm not sure why just because BM's is easiest has anything to do with its artifact having no hidden effect, while the other two which aren't hard either have a hidden effect (possibly two hidden effects on SV).

Unless I missed something, then I apologize XD I think the only reason Hidden Appearances even appeared in this thread is because Wain was inquiring about if the Live Q & A regarding the "inequality" statement was about hidden effects or not. But otherwise I don't think there's a correlation.

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Yeah I think some people are mixing up Hidden Effects and Hidden Appearances, which aren't related at all. My guess is either that Blizzard thinks Hati is more than enough that BM doesn't need a Hidden Effect, or maybe the Essence Swapper is considered it? I know it's not really hidden but since it is a quest maybe some people won't notice it right away.
ImageImage