Hunter Artifact Hidden Effects.

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Hunter Artifact Hidden Effects.

Unread post by Maizou »

Rikaku wrote:
Myzou wrote:
Rikaku wrote: So the reason BM's "Titanstrike" hidden appearance "Titan's Reach" is actually just an expensive vendor item is because they specifically wanted to alleviate concerns about bow-hunters who did not want to use a gun.
Even as someone who has trouble making gold, 8,000g is hardly expensive. Especially with the amount of gold from Legion quests.

Compare that to the criteria for other hidden appearances, and I think it's pretty obvious why BM hunters don't have a hidden effect on their artifact.

I'm only describing it the way Craig did in the live video as a means of explanation to the question presented XD

There are some people who may find 8,000 gold for a single item appearance "expensive". I know people who have a ridiculous amount of gold across several characters who won't spend the gold for any form of flying speed above 150% because to them it is "expensive" for what they view is a 'small perk'.

Though I don't see why having an easy to obtain hidden appearance has anything to do with a "hidden effect"? As Valnaaros pointed out, the MM appearance one is also on a vendor. The SV one can be obtained in even LFR. So those are all 'easy', so I'm not sure why just because BM's is easiest has anything to do with its artifact having no hidden effect, while the other two which aren't hard either have a hidden effect (possibly two hidden effects on SV).

Unless I missed something, then I apologize XD I think the only reason Hidden Appearances even appeared in this thread is because Wain was inquiring about if the Live Q & A regarding the "inequality" statement was about hidden effects or not. But otherwise I don't think there's a correlation.
The MM appearance is tied behind revered with a reputation though.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:Yeah I think some people are mixing up Hidden Effects and Hidden Appearances, which aren't related at all. My guess is either that Blizzard thinks Hati is more than enough that BM doesn't need a Hidden Effect, or maybe the Essence Swapper is considered it? I know it's not really hidden but since it is a quest maybe some people won't notice it right away.
Maybe they just ran out of time?

Still, the fact that BM doesn't have one, and MM pretty much gains our old Aspect of the Cheetah (Which I was gutted about, the new one is a stock standard sprint that near every other class has, but with the worst speed boost/length and shocking cooldown) is quite frankly shocking. I know they are going for flavor, but when I'm left considering not rolling the spec I want to, for a game play advantage that has not counter part/offset, it makes me pretty miffed. :|

I try running around when farming older content without cheetah, just to get used to it.... but it just makes a little bit inside me break. :?

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Yeah Windrunning and the quiver are gonna have me MM during questing and BM during raiding, which is going to be aaaaaaaaaaaawfully inconvenient with artifact power. Well, unless I just stay MM but it's hard to say since both specs aren't very fun at the moment.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.