Taming Ban on the PTR?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Taming Ban on the PTR?

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for the macro, Xota! It's still terrible that you need something that complicated to aggro an old NPC without killing it :/ It's a shame interrupting shot doesn't do zero damage.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

We need an instant ability that can be used to aggro these neutral tameable mobs without dealing damage or starting auto attack. Would solve this and future scaling/ability pruning problems (assuming it didn't get pruned). The counter shot macro is a work around but doesn't address the underlying problem.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

99% of the time, Tame Beast does the aggroing itself. We don't need to aggro the specific creature in order to tame it. So we don't really *require* it except in a few very narrow, very near-unique situations. Having an entire ability would be a bit much, I think. Maybe a toy or item that causes only 1 point of damage (like the snowballs, except something you could get all year)?
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Just wanted to say the macro does work I logged on the PTR and Ban was right there giving me a chance but there is a bug going on where I am not able to tame any pets so even though I got him to attack me I can't tame it tells me you can't do that right now.

Thank you for making this macro it will make it easier when they fix this bug.
Slapperfish

Unread post by Slapperfish »

Iowawolf wrote:Just wanted to say the macro does work I logged on the PTR and Ban was right there giving me a chance but there is a bug going on where I am not able to tame any pets so even though I got him to attack me I can't tame it tells me you can't do that right now.

Thank you for making this macro it will make it easier when they fix this bug.
I guess you could say there IS a taming ban on the PTR! XD

Seriously though, that's literally what I thought this thread was going to be about before I clicked on it. Glad I'm not the only one having problems with taming on the PTR.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Still broken logged on my gnome hoping to tame new pets until 19th but alas not to be.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

That worries me. If there's a taming error, it's potentially going to be something that hits live, considering that 'live' is 3 days away, and they're done fiddling with the code. Make sure you make it known if there's a problem with Tame Beast to Blizzard directly so it can get hotfixed/patched ASAP.

I suspect that it's not something they'll be unaware of. ;) But just in case.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Kurasu wrote:That worries me. If there's a taming error, it's potentially going to be something that hits live, considering that 'live' is 3 days away, and they're done fiddling with the code. Make sure you make it known if there's a problem with Tame Beast to Blizzard directly so it can get hotfixed/patched ASAP.

I suspect that it's not something they'll be unaware of. ;) But just in case.
I posted it both on their Twitter and Facebook pages.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I experienced a tame bug in beta 2 days ago where the whole tame went threw to the end but didn't tame. No error, no canceled cast, just nothing it was like I wasn't casting at all. I didn't have lag and everything was happening at the right time so I'm not sure what happened. :| :mrgreen:

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Rawr wrote:I experienced a tame bug in beta 2 days ago where the whole tame went threw to the end but didn't tame. No error, no canceled cast, just nothing it was like I wasn't casting at all. I didn't have lag and everything was happening at the right time so I'm not sure what happened. :| :mrgreen:
Are you able to tame now?

Still unable to on the PTR which is looking really bad for Blizzard if this is going live in 3 days.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Iowawolf wrote:
Rawr wrote:I experienced a tame bug in beta 2 days ago where the whole tame went threw to the end but didn't tame. No error, no canceled cast, just nothing it was like I wasn't casting at all. I didn't have lag and everything was happening at the right time so I'm not sure what happened. :| :mrgreen:
Are you able to tame now?

Still unable to on the PTR which is looking really bad for Blizzard if this is going live in 3 days.
I was able to tame a cat, a moose, and a crocolisk last night in high mountain, but strangely some of the moose were not flagged as tameable. I couldn't get a white one to work, but the normal brown ones were fine.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I've had hit and miss experience on PTR and Beta. could tame a stag in Azshara but nothing I tried in Draenor would tame successfully.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I got a response to the ticket I made to Blizzard and it sounds promising for us hunters about the bug taming pets in PTR.

This was my ticket.

"I know there is a bug report forum and in game bug report but after trying those and still seeing this bug going on I want to make a ticket so this has a chance to be fixed before the 19th. As we all know the 19th is when Legion pre patch goes live and if this bug goes live with it you are going to have many upset hunters.

There is a known bug where we cannot tame pets on the PTR when we go up to the pet we want to tame and click the tame beast it channels like it is taming the pet but when it is finished the beast is still attacking and not by our side as a pet. I have tried this on normal pets and exotics making sure it was not a pet type issue as for spec I am always in Beast Mastery being my main spec.

I have posted this bug on your Twitter as well as Facebook pages doing what I can to make you more aware that this bug needs to be fixed before prepatch because with Gnomes and new pets being released many are wanting to make new hunters and tame these sweet new pets.

Please fix this pet problem and give us hunters a reason to look forward to the 19th the day Gnomes run wild."

This is the reply.

"Game Master Adhaglaudock here, at your service. Thank you for submitting a ticket about the bug you're experiencing. That's a pretty major bug so we'll definitely want it fixed!

A major bug like that would definitely be on our radar and is likely already been fixed. We just don't update the PTR really. When it comes to PTR bugs though, the forums and in game is the only place to submit these. We can send up bugs in the live game but not for the PTR based on how our internal bug report system works.

But Hunters not being able to tame pets is too big a bug to ignore so I’ll make sure our developers know about it one way or another!"

It appears being a major bug they will have it fixed come the 19th which is great news I have yet to log PTR and test but least my thought is come 19th we can tame again.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

They fixed it I just tamed Ban'thalos yay for Blizzard
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Iowawolf wrote:They fixed it I just tamed Ban'thalos yay for Blizzard
Same for beta! Used essence swapper on him and reported it to essence swapper thread in a bit.

What gets me though is they took time to fix the taming problem, but still oxen and scalehides didn't get basic attacks. I know my bugs/threads mentioned both.