BlizzCon - OTHER chatter

For discussion while BlizzCon is running. Anything pertinent to Legion will be moved to the Legion forum after BlizzCon is over.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

BlizzCon - OTHER chatter

Unread post by Wain »

Feel free to create as many threads as you think are useful! But you can use this one for any news/chatter that you don't think needs a thread of its own, and isn't related to Legion.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: BlizzCon - OTHER chatter

Unread post by Wain »

Brightpaw (the purple mana kitty pet) is going to be a charity pet through the Blizz Store.

Mike Morhaime's first introduction was a trailer for new Starcraft mission packs. Pretty cool trailer.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Having a lot of trouble getting the Main Stage to stream. This is the worst I've ever seen it. Terrible performance with the stream this year and it's def. not just me.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

They just showed the Warcraft movie trailer. Hrm. No further comment.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

New Heroes of the Storm characters. Greymane looks really cool. Cho'gall, Lunara (Dryad). Some others I forget. Looked really good.

Cho'gall will require two players to control him! But it sounds like he comes free with the BlizzCon ticket (incl. virtual), but otherwise he can't be bought. Others will need to party up with someone who has him to co-play him, and if they play him twice they get him permanently.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hnng, the livestream is being very blurry for me and only swapping into HD occasionally. It's not any sort of internet or setting problem, so I'm not sure if it's something on their end. I never had this problem in previous years. :( I was particularly disappointed that the trailer was all crappy looking but I'm assuming that will go up on youtube soon so I can watch it again.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The new Hearthstone League of Explorers trailer is freaking awesome, and funny. I loved it about 100x more than the movie trailer ;) The guy presenting the Hearthstone stuff is pretty cool too. It seems like the team has a sense of humour and playfulness about them.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/exp ... explorers/
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote:Hnng, the livestream is being very blurry for me and only swapping into HD occasionally. It's not any sort of internet or setting problem, so I'm not sure if it's something on their end. I never had this problem in previous years. :( I was particularly disappointed that the trailer was all crappy looking but I'm assuming that will go up on youtube soon so I can watch it again.
Oh no :( Mine has cleared up for the moment, but it's definitely the worst connection to the stream that I've had in years.
Vephriel

Yeah, this is rather frustrating for something I paid for. It will just not stay in HD for any length of time. :/
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Jeff Kaplan talked about Overwatch. Cool guy. More Overwatch characters introduced in a trailer. The game is looking as sexy as ever. All three seem to have a Japanese theme. D.Va in the pink mecha suit seems especially fun.

All the characters announced up to this point will be available with the game at launch. But there will be an extra "Origins" edition for more money that will have extra skins for the existing characters, as well as other goodies:
"Mercy wings" for Diablo3
Baby Winston pet for WoW
Tracer character for HotS.
Card Backs for Hearthstone.
I missed what else. Portraits for... SCIII maybe?

Pre-order is live now.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Wain wrote:Cho'gall will require two players to control him! But it sounds like he comes free with the BlizzCon ticket (incl. virtual), but otherwise he can't be bought. Others will need to party up with someone who has him to co-play him, and if they play him twice they get him permanently.
Yeah they said that Cho'gall is kind of like a virus that players will spread through the game. Really neat idea to do that!

8-) :D

^had to put up two faces since we're talking about a two headed ogre!
ImageImage
Vephriel

Sigh, I don't really want to turn this entirely into a rant thread, but tonight I wanted to sit down and rewatch some of the panels with my boyfriend since he was at work while Blizzcon was live. I had this hope that perhaps the archived videos would be free of the frustrating buffering problem, but I was wrong. The videos still stuttered and swapped between blurry and HD at random and it was just as painful to sit through as the panels airing live earlier today.

Overall I'm incredibly disappointed in the livestream this year. I've been following forum threads on the Blizzcon site with countless people having the same issues and I haven't even seen any official responses yet. The worst part is I don't just want to be one of the people that demands a refund because I want to keep my little Murkidan pet, it's one of the big perks for buying the stream for me aside from watching the footage itself. And I'll keep buying the virtual tickets every year because I'm a sucker that likes the minipets. I'm just so bewildered that this is a paid service that still doesn't seem to be fixed. If the quality doesn't improve by tomorrow, well, there's nothing I can really do but I'm going to be beyond pissed.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:Baby Winston pet for WoW
It's hard to be fiscally responsible when !@#$ like this keeps happening :lol: