General PSA for Survival Hunters

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

General PSA for Survival Hunters

Unread post by Kalliope »

If you're willing to stick it out to win five battlegrounds, you can buy a level 700 pike from the honor quartermaster in Stormshield/Warspear. Or you could get lucky and get it as a loot box drop, like I did. :)

The Warmongering Combatant's Pike is blue quality and goes to level 730 in PvP, only a 10 point loss if you've got a full season 3 conquest set. At any rate, it's preferable to the level 650 freebie!

Good luck. :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: General PSA for Survival Hunters

Unread post by Lupen202 »

For some reason, I got a 705 ilvl polearm in the mail. I take it's because I completed Archimonde on heroic? Another hunter in my guild got a blue and got a little salty so I'm just curious. :D

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Lupen202 wrote:For some reason, I got a 705 ilvl polearm in the mail. I take it's because I completed Archimonde on heroic? Another hunter in my guild got a blue and got a little salty so I'm just curious. :D

Yeah, that does seem to be the case of how it works. You get a polearm that's supposed to be fairly equivalent to the raid tier of Archimonde you have defeated. It only seems to consider Archimonde kills. I've killed heroic archimonde, but I'm still only 11/13 H HFC (I missed two bosses one night) and I was still mailed an epic 705 polearm. My friend who has progressed 10/13 Mythic (no Archimonde kills) did not get a higher ilvl polearm than me. But another hunter I saw had a 720 ilvl polearm.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wish i knew this 30k apexis crystals ago lol Thanks tho!
Kalliope

Rikaku wrote:
Lupen202 wrote:For some reason, I got a 705 ilvl polearm in the mail. I take it's because I completed Archimonde on heroic? Another hunter in my guild got a blue and got a little salty so I'm just curious. :D

Yeah, that does seem to be the case of how it works. You get a polearm that's supposed to be fairly equivalent to the raid tier of Archimonde you have defeated. It only seems to consider Archimonde kills. I've killed heroic archimonde, but I'm still only 11/13 H HFC (I missed two bosses one night) and I was still mailed an epic 705 polearm. My friend who has progressed 10/13 Mythic (no Archimonde kills) did not get a higher ilvl polearm than me. But another hunter I saw had a 720 ilvl polearm.
Ahhh, good to know! I only killed him on normal once, so I guess that was reflected there.

YouTube Edition

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I got a 720 in the mail, uses the old panda model :| :mrgreen:

Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

The polearm seems to be your current weapon's (before the patch that is) base item level.

For example I had a ilvl 715 gun, but it was upgraded twice, making it's base ilvl 705. That's the polearm ilvl I got.

PvP items seem to be given a 655 replacement (my warrior had this) regardless of ilvl due to pvp now having set stats for every class.
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I'm using a 740 bow and got a 720 polearm, so I think it's just fixed ilvl based on level and/or progression. My level 4 gnome warrior picked up two axes (whose ilvl I forget) in case she decided to go fury six levels later, tho :P
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

I have a 655 blue polearm from the mail, and have beaten Archimonde on Heroic (on a moose run)
Rip...

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

The polearm you got is based on raid experience. If you were getting heroic caches from shipyard missions, you'll get the heroic polearm. If you were only getting LFR caches, you'll get the 655 one, etc.

They come in 655, 690, 705, and 720.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Pewmew
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: aegwynn

Unread post by Pewmew »

The polearm you get also scales down for lower level hunters.

My level 26 hunter received an ilevel 29 polearm for his survival attempts.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

It actually doesn't even send you a polearm if you already had one. xD

I had an ilvl690 (upgraded to 700) polearm on my main, and she was not sent one in the mail. Lol.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Bendak wrote:The polearm you got is based on raid experience. If you were getting heroic caches from shipyard missions, you'll get the heroic polearm. If you were only getting LFR caches, you'll get the 655 one, etc.

That makes sense, though it does feel silly that my 706 DK suddenly has 655 1H because I didn't gear him through raids. Its only for 5 weeks though since the Artifact is obtained very early.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Quiv wrote:
Bendak wrote:The polearm you got is based on raid experience. If you were getting heroic caches from shipyard missions, you'll get the heroic polearm. If you were only getting LFR caches, you'll get the 655 one, etc.

That makes sense, though it does feel silly that my 706 DK suddenly has 655 1H because I didn't gear him through raids. Its only for 5 weeks though since the Artifact is obtained very early.
Yeah I found that really shitty too. I had higher Tanaan level gear on my Frost DK, so his two-hander was in the 695 - early 700s range. It was replaced by a pair of crap 655s. Really poor handling of the switch. They were too mean to even offer Tanaan level replacements?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

The replacement weapons for all classes that got them where really badly done. I highly doubt it was tied to raid progression, as I have the Archimonde kill on Heroic difficulty yet I got an iLvL spear that was on par with the treasure one you can get from Tanaan Jungle... It looks like it's somewhat tied to your own iLvL but even then most people I talked too got weapons that where lower iLvL than what weapons they actually had equiped. But it was kinda funny to see my lower level alts getting weapons too. My pandaren hunter that was barely out of the wandering isle got a spear that I think was iLvL 14 or something? Didn't even use it, went straight to Ironforge and bought the heirloom one and upgraded it. A better way they could have went with was to check our character's level and just give us a weapon that was a bit slightly overpowered instead. Kind of like the paladin's Verigan's Fist mace back in vanilla, where you could easily keep it for 5 to 10 levels worth while leveling up.
ImageImage
Kalliope

These complaints are exactly why I started this thread to begin with.

I wanted to make sure everyone who didn't get the weaponry they needed knew they had an option.

YouTube Edition

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

Kalliope wrote:If you're willing to stick it out to win five battlegrounds, you can buy a level 700 pike from the honor quartermaster in Stormshield/Warspear. Or you could get lucky and get it as a loot box drop, like I did. :)

The Warmongering Combatant's Pike is blue quality and goes to level 730 in PvP, only a 10 point loss if you've got a full season 3 conquest set. At any rate, it's preferable to the level 650 freebie!

Alternatively, if you're a massive alt-o-holic like me with an Inscriptionist that has 835 War Paints, 45 Savage Blood, 90 Felblight, 45 Sorcerous Water, 90 Sorcerous Air, and the required recipes, you can craft an Etched-Blade Warstaff, max it to 705, and re-roll the secondary stats until you get the one you like.

I know the focus has been on Polearms because that's what the Survival Artifact Weapon will be, but Hunters can still use Staves, Two-Handed Swords, and Two-Handed Axes, including the craftable WoD ones. And yes, Staves can be mogged into Polearms, Two-Handed Swords, and Two-Handed Axes ;)

*On a side note, Survival Spec plays a lot like pre-7.0 Enhancement Shaman, just with a few more attacks to manage.
Kalliope

Sigrah wrote:
Kalliope wrote:If you're willing to stick it out to win five battlegrounds, you can buy a level 700 pike from the honor quartermaster in Stormshield/Warspear. Or you could get lucky and get it as a loot box drop, like I did. :)

Alternatively, if you're a massive alt-o-holic like me with an Inscriptionist that has 835 War Paints, 45 Savage Blood, 90 Felblight, 45 Sorcerous Water, 90 Sorcerous Air, and the required recipes, you can craft an Etched-Blade Warstaff, max it to 705, and re-roll the secondary stats until you get the one you like.

I know the focus has been on Polearms because that's what the Survival Artifact Weapon will be, but Hunters can still use Staves, Two-Handed Swords, and Two-Handed Axes, including the craftable WoD ones. And yes, Staves can be mogged into Polearms, Two-Handed Swords, and Two-Handed Axes ;)

*On a side note, Survival Spec plays a lot like pre-7.0 Enhancement Shaman, just with a few more attacks to manage.
That is also a great idea! :D So many mats just lying around at this point.

Alternately, this would be a great way of giving others who might need the upgrade a boost (and earn yourself some gold on the side).

YouTube Edition