BM Hunter graphics bug?

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

BM Hunter graphics bug?

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I usually dual-box a pair of hunters, and have been noting a rally annoying thing during invasions:

either one or the other of my computers (I play on two computers, with two mouses, with two keyboards... yeah yeah, it's a mess, but it works for me), sometimes my pet will show as being (for example) at 9% health... but he's really dead. I won't notice the little "cannot attack while dead" (I'm colourblind and of all colours, it's written in red).

So pet is dead, but is showing under my nameplate as being still alive. I've even had a pet marked as 100% when it was dead (it had been one-shotted).

Again, am I the only one with this truly annoying (and endangering) graphics glitch?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: BM Hunter graphics bug?

Unread post by Quiv »

I noticed a bug where a pet that was resummoned did so at like 50% HP, but not like what you are describing. Are you using default UI for unit frames?
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

yes, I only use 2 add-ons, neither of which changes the look of the game (one to call a specific pet in a specific zone, the other to keep track of alts).

I noticed another annoying thing...
when in a group (ie: dual-boxing in my case) on either of my monitors, I can see my portrait at the top left with my pet just below that.
I see party members below that... except unlike before, I can't see my party members' pets/minions.
This was VERY practical, and it makes it much more difficult now without that feature.

I also rally dislike how they've reworked nameplates.
I can't figure out how to get it to show enemy nameplates as I approach them, rather than only when I target one.
It used to be that I could show nameplates for enemies, and soon as I was within a certain range their nameplate would appear.
It made keeping track of enemies/friends far far easier in a large group.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I just finished a Tanaris invasion and at one point my pet was very clearly marked as being at 100% health... but I was getting the "cannot attack while dead" message. I pressed my pet heal macro, and my pet resuscitated. So obviously he wasn't at 100% health... more like 100% dead.

This has REALLY been making the invasions difficult because in the mess that is over 50 people, pets, demons and whatnot, with spell effects and explosions, it's nearly impossible to SEE your pet in the mess, even less so to see whether it's alive or not. So you have to rely on your pet's mini-portrait below yours.

"Step on no pets!"

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I see pet bars bug out all the time as a healer. (Because yes of course I heal hunter pets.) I believe it's a Blizzard display error rather than connected to an addon.

There's an option to show all nameplates all the time - would that help?

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I tried with the "show all the time" and that's even worse... all the nameplates just clutters the screen far too much.

You should have the choice of ally or enemy nameplates if you want.
As a pure DPS I have no need for friendly nameplates, IF I can see their portraits when I'm partied with them (and their pets).
As a healer the other day, I could never target anyone because the lack of nameplates made it nearly impossible. Also, the [tab] targeting is really seriously screwed up.
If I try to tab-target a mob that's like 2 feet in front of me, in a straight line, filling my screen, I find that it will VERY often (too often) go and target something way off to the side, not even close by.

The Legion changes to interface and abilities and all that have brought WAY more problems than they've solved.

"Step on no pets!"

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I've noticed the tab-targeting thing, and it's bugging the crap out of me, too. Final Fantasy has this style of tab-targeting and it drove me nuts. Half the time, it targets something out of range when I would rather target the thing that's right in front of me. It doesn't make sense to change things this way.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

May I suggest https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/kuinameplates also I have https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/zperl unit frames and I've never seen this glitch :| :mrgreen: