Losing Hati in Next Expansion

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

If we lose our artifact Titanstrike would you still want the second pet in some form?

Passive ability for Beast Master Spec "Memory of Hati" Retain Hati outside the Artifact
34%
Say Good Bye to Hati
36%
Have Hati as a BM Hunter only none combat pet for appearances only
16%
Other ______.
14%

Total votes: 77

Grumpydad@Greymane
Realm: Greymane

Re: Losing Hati in Next Expansion

Unread post by Grumpydad@Greymane »

While I would preffer simply to have a second pet active talent, lorewise I would hate to see Hati Die from the corruption out Artifact Weapons will endure while sucking up the blood of SArgeras (which is what I heard will be the jsutification for ditching out artifacts, they will be vessels to contain the blood and end it's threat)... Imagine your pet slowly agonizing and dying.....shivers.... nah, I preffer to have it somehow release of from Titanstrike before turning the artifact to a bad-cocktail-bottle :( .... so please save Hati :)
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I'm starting to be ok with any ending that doesn't include corruption. I had hoped for a happier ending than death, but I don't see that coming. As long as he isn't corrupted first, I can make peace with him dying. I don't want that. At all. I want him to "get better" and go home to Thorim and Skoll.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Titanstrike only has power due to Hati. Without Hati, Titanstrike is basically useless. For Titanstrike to be able to help remove the corruption of Sargeras sword (isn't Blood of Sargeras, but something else), it needs to be fully empowered, which requires Hati. Hopefully Hati won't be corrupted and will end up dying very quickly so he doesn't need to be in pain. I think it would be very poetic for him to die so that Azeroth can live.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I know. But I still don't want him corrupted and Blizz is good at breaking their own rules.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Funny how one npc in a video game can decide ones own fate due to me being so attached to Hati and continuing the fight on the WOW forums to #savehati if he does end up dying and without a really good reason or if they just up and abandon him like we do to our pets then I will abandon my sub.

Yes if Hati goes my sub most likely will follow because I am so attached to him BM won't be the same when we have those piece of crap weapons and back to one pet.

Blizzard may take my gun but if they kill Hati I will quit.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Hati dying due to absorbing the corruption of the blade is a rather good reason, imo. It isn't a handwave or Blizz just dropping him.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Don't quit over a NPC. Unless you're bored of the game. Then I mean I guess it's good to quit so you don't waste your money. You'll miss out on a lot if you cancel your sub over a pet that doesn't work right half the time.
Threatening to cancel your sub won't change anything. Might as well keep playing and have fun! :)

Could always just go tame something that looks like Hati. Or go visit Hati, where ever her spirit ends up.

Siggy under construction!

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Bowno wrote:Don't quit over a NPC. Unless you're bored of the game. Then I mean I guess it's good to quit so you don't waste your money. You'll miss out on a lot if you cancel your sub over a pet that doesn't work right half the time.
Threatening to cancel your sub won't change anything. Might as well keep playing and have fun! :)

Could always just go tame something that looks like Hati. Or go visit Hati, where ever her spirit ends up.
I know to quit over Hati is dumb guess I am just annoyed not knowing what is going to happen to my beloved storm mutt and I have thought of taming a wolf pet and naming it Hati since I am still having fun playing.

With BFA coming up I hope the 30th we can pre order and start on the Allied races already am set to make my Void Elf this will help me not be so annoyed over Hati.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Disclaimer: Take what I say with a grain of salt because I'm not as attached to Hati as I could be, but don't discredit me either. Just want to (again) throw in my view on what happens to Hati.

Hati is cool and all, but is also a feature of Legion. It was inevitable from the start of the expansion that, when the next one comes around, Hati would not be following. By all means, it's fine to get attached to pets, but we can't expect Blizzard to continuously support Hati because he's kinda cool (which he is. I think the model is gorgeous, and if it was Krys' aesthetic, then I'd constantly have him out, ngl). He's also tied to a weapon. A weapon that just sucked out evil badness from a really, really big sword. It makes sense that this is the end of the line for Hati as an individual, but there's no reason why models of Hati can't be added to the game as tameable mobs, and then you could just tame one and call them Hati. But Hati as himself making it out? I'd be shocked, to say the least.

That being said, if somehow Blizzard do keep Hati going (as he is now, not as a lookalike model) and he does come through in BfA as a constant, then I'll gladly, and humbly, accept that I'm wrong :) And also make a hunter to have a storm/lightning aesthetic, because I do love me a sparky lightning wolf
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Very well-said, Krysteena. :)
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I'm not that attached to Hati specifically myself-I tend to use the ord to make him look like one of my other pets. I do like his model well enough, but I like having two of the same or two color variations of the same species out more often than not. Hati is pretty-but hard to match with other pets, even with all of the draenor wolf variations out there. (Also I am just not that big on blue in general...)

That said, I am going to be very disappointed to see Hati go if they do take him away-because what exactly is the identity of the Beast Mastery hunter? Summon multiple pets to overwhelm the enemy? Nope thats Demonology Warock. Trap and whittle down your enemy? Nope thats the Survival. Shoot enemies till they die while your pet attacks and sometimes tanks for you? Hello Marksmanship.

Being able to tame and use exotics does not seem like it is enough to make the BM stand out in this day and age with so many of the exotic abilities now also found in non-exotics.

Having the ability to use two pets at the same time really saved the Beast Master Hunter's identify, and I've been playing as a BM since Lich King days. I've liked BM the entire time I've played it, but this expansion really made it stand out with its own identity.

I'll be very, very disappointed with Bliz if they make BM go back to using one pet at a time after finally giving us something that made the spec feel so very unique.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There is a good chance that Hati, the pet, will be going away. They may keep him around in some form, like pups of Hati, but there is a good chance he'll be corrupted or killed unless Blizz finds a good way to save him.

That being said, Hati going away doesn't mean we are going to lose the ability to use two pets. We don't know yet what will be happening in that regard, but hopefully we will soon :)
Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

I was never really attached to Hati, but I've really enjoyed running around with two pets, even if one sometimes lagged a bit behind the other. It felt truly BM to have two companions by my side(s), so I'd be content with letting Hati go if we could still have two pets.
Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by Kalasta »

Image :cry:

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wow, that's stunning! Did you do that? :D
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

That's beautiful
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

That is cool looking it is like Hati is saying I am not gone forever but until we meet again I am with you in spirit.
Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Kalasta »

Actually a friend of mine on a WoW FB group did that one...thought I would share it on this thread..

Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Kalasta »

He also made this...
I'm going to miss here as well... :cry: