Losing Hati in Next Expansion

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

If we lose our artifact Titanstrike would you still want the second pet in some form?

Passive ability for Beast Master Spec "Memory of Hati" Retain Hati outside the Artifact
34%
Say Good Bye to Hati
36%
Have Hati as a BM Hunter only none combat pet for appearances only
16%
Other ______.
14%

Total votes: 77

Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Losing Hati in Next Expansion

Unread post by Takanuka »

Kind of seems like a slap to the face that we finally get our second pet as beast master, yet when the artifacts are removed or deactivated since I doubt itll be removed since a huge part of the legion expansion revolved around it thus removing it would remove half of their "previous" expansion where others rerunning that expansion wouldn't experience it anymore would be unfair or unwise period.

But if they deactivate the artifacts or remove them all together are we losing Hati as Beast Masters all together? Would suck e.e".

Put this up because it seems like Legion expansion is already coming to a close and kept hearing the Artifacts will be deactivated or broken entirely as some final plot when we fight Sargeras himself like how Frostmourne was shattered by Tirion (despite dk's artifacts have you locate the fragments).
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Losing Hati in Next Expansion

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I've gotten used to having 2 pets by by side. :( I'd be ok with losing hati as long as BM could tame 2, as long as it remained balanced)
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I don't know. Hati's AI has been driving me insane lately. It just seems much less responsive then my regular pet. I like the idea of BM having two pets at once, but I'm getting quite annoyed at Hati.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Yeah, I've been noticing my Hati taking far too long to jump into the fray when I attack.
My other pet is wailing away on the enemy, and Hati is still obliviously licking his nether regions.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

If they can fix Hati, keep him, maybe as a talent so it's option and not a must have. Honestly I love being able to have a 2nd pet I can swap out my various critters with, but the way he works is so broken I'd rather have my standard pet so we can get back to being decent damage dealers again.

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I never chose Hati (would've rather just gotten to pick a 2nd pet from my stable) and so I won't miss Hati. Even changing the appearance isn't close to the same as having a 2nd pet of my choice at my side.

And yes the AI is terrible and having Hati out makes me a "wide load," aggroing stuff in dungeons and raids. People practically make bets on which hunter's pets will aggro a trash pack during raid.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

If Hati wasn't so buggy, I'd be happy to keep something similar. Maybe without the lightning effects though.

... And renameable.

Siggy under construction!

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Why can't we just have a second pet? I'd rather have that than the broken guardian that is Hati. :| :mrgreen:

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

It's kind of neat for the expansion, but I won't miss Hati myself. I wasn't really a fan of having a second beast shoehorned in for my hunters, though I'm very grateful we got the option to customize him. Even then, without being able to rename him, I never felt very attached. The best part for me so far is being able to have 2 birds out on my very bird-oriented hunter, but even that I can replicate with minipets.

I feel like it's a fun gimmick for Legion, but not something I'd want permanently unless it was tweaked a lot more and we were able to choose our own pets. I would be fine with Hati staying with the Artifact itself as flavour though, so even once the weapon is no longer relevant, if you equipped it in the future just for fun you could visit with your Hati, like old trinkets that have unique call-guardian effects that people keep for aesthetic instead of practical use.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

This is a really good question and I wonder if they are using Hati to assess whether to give us two pets in the future.

I would like a second pet but (i) probably not Hati - I've changed his shape so many times I have no attachment to him as a character - and (ii) only if they do it better. Second pet handling is still not right (even though there have been tweaks and improvements) and last time I checked on the 7.2 PTR there were still issues with Hati's responses. Maybe that's been fixed since I last tested? Either way, the reaction time of the developers to Hunter issues (mechanical issues that have existed since ALPHA) suggests to me that they don't have enough resources to do the job well and are possibly too spread out over classes. If so, then no, definitely no second pet if they can't guarantee doing it properly.

I'm also suspicious (never confirmed) that having a second pet is the reason that our pet reactions / follow movements seem to be on some freaking awful ticker now, i.e. why sometimes it takes 0.5 sec to respond and other times 2 sec. I suspect it's to lower the cost of managing two pets. If that's the case I'd rather go back to just one pet. I believe the current situation is not a suitable compromise.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Vephriel wrote:It's kind of neat for the expansion, but I won't miss Hati myself. I wasn't really a fan of having a second beast shoehorned in for my hunters, though I'm very grateful we got the option to customize him. Even then, without being able to rename him, I never felt very attached. The best part for me so far is being able to have 2 birds out on my very bird-oriented hunter, but even that I can replicate with minipets.

I feel like it's a fun gimmick for Legion, but not something I'd want permanently unless it was tweaked a lot more and we were able to choose our own pets. I would be fine with Hati staying with the Artifact itself as flavour though, so even once the weapon is no longer relevant, if you equipped it in the future just for fun you could visit with your Hati, like old trinkets that have unique call-guardian effects that people keep for aesthetic instead of practical use.
Heard that all artifacts were gonna become like gray 50 copper pieces because of some event rendering them useless which would kill off Hati entirely then but would love to see bm keeping two pets and a thumbs up if it was giving us the option of just using our own pets.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

But if they change Hati to like a companion sort of thing like the third option, then it could let us use that essence swapper on the Valkyrie and demon form again just as none combat pets and what not. Lore behind Hati becoming a companion if the artifact is removed or deactivated could be that Hati has become exhausted and no longer able to fight but can still remain as a none combat pet just as bm only companion like the spirit wolf from Don Carlos' Famous Hat.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Like everyone else I would only accept a 2nd pet IF the AI wasn't all wonky and I could make him my own. Like running with two of my own beloved pets.
I am not attached to Hati himself but I am at having two pets even though one doesn't work right.
It's not just aesthetics either. Hati may not provide the largest DPS boost but he does provide something. And I'm sorry but I'm not LEET, top geared etc so every little bit helps. There have been several times when I've been caught with a dead pet, trying to rez it and Hati kills it, runs back to me, howls, scratches hit fleas and my revived pet looking like :shock: . In a way I don't feel it's right to just take that away.
I mean. We're going to have ............ a year .......... I reckon running with two damage dealing pets. Then to have one just taken away. Not cool.

But that's my opinion

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I want to have a second pet going forward. I think 2 pets really does a lot towards spec-identity for BM and its really something players have brought up a lot as well. So I think overall it is something fun and awesome to have. But as everyone else stated, the AI needs to be fixed first. So going forward, I would LOVE to see BM keep the "2 pet Hunter spec" identity, but this time let us use our own 2 pets not a forced one every same-spec hunter has.

As for Hati himself... I may be alone (and thats ok) but I love Hati. I know lore wise it would make sense if he 'died' with the artifact. But frankly, post Legion, I'd really love it if there was some way to keep him as an additional pet (in the stable, to use when we want, etc.). Heck, even if he became a Spirit Beast to argue we saved him from death or something would be fine. Or just make the skin tameable somewhere so I can re-tame and keep "Hati". IDK.

All I know is that in regards to Hati himself, saying good-bye to him will be the hardest part of leaving Legion and Titanstrike behind :(

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Like the transmog options for artifacts that other classes will probably get, BM hunters should be able to summon and tame a spirit beast Hati and have it as a regular pet.

And BM hunters should get a talent to have two pets out at once.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

I've been really excited about second pet thing when it was just announced pre-Legion. In the game itself, it didn't really work out for me. I also am not fond of the fact that there is no way to get back to having only one pet (stuff Hati inside the gun or something?). Altogether, this expac had seen me switch from BM to MM because of the direction the spec's design had taken (hunter + trusted companion vs. hunter and the hordes of random beasts. I ain't no Zookeper even if I have the title :D) + the terrible pruning.

Returning to the topic at hand, for the sake of those who grew attached to having Hati around, I hope that when artifacts go boom, the wolf's link with the hunter keeps him alive. I mean, we gave the weapon so much power - preserving the pup is the least that can be done. So Hati becomes a normal Hunter pet, pretty much better looking but derpier Skoll.

Mechanically, I - really - hope that there will be Lone Wolf, BM style: a talent that will allow the hunter to use only one stronger pet. Alternatively, that sort of thing can be baseline and another talent can allow Hunter to use 2 pets. There are problems with it: how the damage will distribute between 2 actual pets, what abilities the second pet will have, etc. But at this point, I really can not think about anything else.

P.S. And I really hope Blizzard re-evaluates spec design for Legion and takes a long, hard look at how the three played in MoP / WoD. The current versions are all very sad.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I would personally prefer one pet that works very well than two pets, one of which is forced on us. I'm honestly not a fan of the two pet system at all (not BM in general, for that matter). Call me old-fashioned. (As an aside, I'd LOVE to have pet abilities back!)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I'm a little split. On one hand, two pets does fit the BM conceit in a big way. But I also find myself perpetually infuriated by how unwieldy having two pets out is. Hati likes to stand on shit i'm trying to loot. Hati likes to forget he's supposed to be attacking things. Hati likes to follow me off ledges and fall repeatedly to earth in my wake. And the sparky stuff gets old kinda fast even if you have him mogged to another beast (I won't even talk about the incessant howling he does before 110).

It also means that if you have a follower with you (which seems to be a model they like having), then suddenly you're not a player, you're a mob scene. I've been relying on Hemet for that reason; he just shows up, shoots something for some extra dps, and then goes away, he isn't trying to get in my business all the time. I suppose... if they do keep it, it should be an option like the flame orbs on Felo'melorn. Just visit some Valarjar npc hanging out in a city after the expac and say 'hey can I hang out with Hati for awhile' and they can turn it on for you. Or off.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Nachtwulf wrote:I'm a little split. On one hand, two pets does fit the BM conceit in a big way. But I also find myself perpetually infuriated by how unwieldy having two pets out is. Hati likes to stand on shit i'm trying to loot. Hati likes to forget he's supposed to be attacking things. Hati likes to follow me off ledges and fall repeatedly to earth in my wake.
:lol: See this is actually one of the tiny reasons I like him. Probably the only reason. :lol: The other day I fell off a cliff side (I'm clumsy don't judge) I survived with 10% health however my pet was like "screw you I ain't jumping down there" while Hati was DETERMINED to make a 1-ups-man-ship game out of it and repeatedly jump down, yelp then manifest up where my pets stayed, rinse repeat. I had to dismiss them and summon them to get it to stop. It did make me laugh but at the same time was very irritating. His derpy ways as anger making they can be is just him. That's Hati. *shrug*

Hence why having only one pet after spending so much time with Hati is going to be kind of hard to do.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Down with Hati, forever and ever. I'm tired of the unresponsiveness of both pets, I'm tired of having an aggro magnet on both sides, I'm tired of looking at the beast cleave and titan's thunder graphics going off next to me instead of 40 yards away at the mob I'm attacking like they should do, I'm tired of all of it. Add the possibility of a second pet in as a talent or something for the people who actually like it, sure, but get it out of my face. I keep daydreaming about a talent or artifact trait that just infuses your actual pet with Hati's power, but if it was an artifact trait then everybody'd lose it and it wouldn't be a choice so that probably doesn't fly. Replace one of the level 100 talents with it—I honestly don't care which because new Stampede doesn't make my heart happy and Cobra Shot is still underwhelming and the third one might have some sort of PvP utility to it but has been pretty much useless for raid content since its inception—or put it against Blink Strikes since Hati doesn't benefit from it anyway, and then make sure to tune it so it's not one of those "well this talent pretty much destroys the other options on the row and is mandatory for the spec to perform at all, have fun with that if you don't like the playstyle" things like Patient Sniper and Sidewinders or whatever was for MM.

Just get it the hell away from me. I will be so glad when 8.0 or whatever hits and I can shelve this stupid ugly gun and its stupid derpy wolf forever.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.