Animal Companion talent question

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Willowzen
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Animal Companion talent question

Unread post by Willowzen »

This talent has been very frustrating for me, I've been messing with it and researching for an hour. I'm a lv 31 BM Hunter.
I want my Bear to be the tank while my Horse provides a little DPS on the side. To do this, I need this result - Summon Bear: Bear and horse are summoned. Only Tenacity talents are being used.

These are the different variations that I've tried:
Slot 1 Bear, Slot 2 Horse, Summon Bear: Bear is summoned without Horse. Only Tenacity talents.
Slot 1 Bear, Slot 2 Horse, Summon Horse: Horse and bear are summoned. Only Ferocity talents are being used.

Slot 1 Horse, Slot 2 Bear, Summon Bear: Bear is summoned without Horse. Only Tenacity talents.
Slot 1 Horse, Slot 2 Bear, Summon Horse: Horse and bear are summoned. Only Ferocity talents are being used.

The problem is that I need Bear to have the Tenacity talent, yet the Bear is always summoned by itself no matter what slot position its in. For some reason, the game favors Horse as the ideal companion that summons both pets no matter what slot its in. I feel like this is a glitch. Even if I chose a different pair of pets, would I have the same issue where it automatically favors one pet over another as the one pet to summon both pets? Has anyone else had this issue?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Animal Companion talent question

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Put the horse in the first slot of the stable and, when you summon the bear, it should make it the primary companion with the horse as the secondary.
Willowzen

Valnaaros wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:28 pm Put the horse in the first slot of the stable and, when you summon the bear, it should make it the primary companion with the horse as the secondary.
As stated above, this results in no Horse being summoned. Only the Bear shows up when I summon the Bear. So that's not the answer.
Is it just me with this problem?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Willowzen wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:40 pm
Valnaaros wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:28 pm Put the horse in the first slot of the stable and, when you summon the bear, it should make it the primary companion with the horse as the secondary.
As stated above, this results in no Horse being summoned. Only the Bear shows up when I summon the Bear. So that's not the answer.
Is it just me with this problem?
Ah, I see. When you said slot 1 and 2, I thought that you meant slot 1 and 2 of call pet.

I personally have never had this issue. I'm not sure what is going on.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Could you be using the wrong slot? There are the 'stables' that you 'carry' with you and then the one you access at the stable master. Put the horse at the stable master's 1st slot. Not in the 'whistle' personal one. If this isn't the problem, you might be using some addon that is causing an issue?
Willowzen

Talihawk wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:12 pm Could you be using the wrong slot? There are the 'stables' that you 'carry' with you and then the one you access at the stable master. Put the horse at the stable master's 1st slot. Not in the 'whistle' personal one. If this isn't the problem, you might be using some addon that is causing an issue?

Oh wow, I didn't know I had to drop it inside the large Stable Masters inventory on the right side. I thought it was the skinny bar for carried pets. It seems so odd that I don't have to carry a pet that I use, it's not intuitive to think of that. Thanks so much for clearing that up!
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I'm so glad it was an easy fix! No worries! :)