Laugh at us, Tribute or just a VERY heavy joke?

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Laugh at us, Tribute or just a VERY heavy joke?

Unread post by Tsukina »

As always, first of all apologize for having to use an automatic translator, sorry.

Now, yesterday I was on the Plains, and I saw a strange thing...

This ->

That is, an Npc Hunter, with the epic bow (super cute and removed his chance to get it) of the classicc and the most amazing thing, 2 pets, a nimbus dragon and a SLIME pet...

Yeah, is this some kind of joke? I have searched for information about the npc in case it is a tribute to someone, some dev, family member and I have not found anything.

So I assume it's a subtle way of laughing a bit at us or it's a VERY heavy joke with 0 humor, right?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Laugh at us, Tribute or just a VERY heavy joke?

Unread post by Wain »

I've never noticed her before! Nice find!

She looks like a tribute to a player (or maybe a developer), as everything about her is so specific. I don't think they'd deliberately do that just to taunt players.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

Tsukina wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:56 am As always, first of all apologize for having to use an automatic translator, sorry.

This ->

That is, an Npc Hunter, with the epic bow (super cute and removed his chance to get it) of the classicc and the most amazing thing, 2 pets, a nimbus dragon and a SLIME pet...

Yeah, is this some kind of joke? I have searched for information about the npc in case it is a tribute to someone, some dev, family member and I have not found anything.

So I assume it's a subtle way of laughing a bit at us or it's a VERY heavy joke with 0 humor, right?
Looks like a joke, I didn't find anything that could be connected to a player. A very shitty and bad joke.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Very likely a tribute to a player, co worker or family member/friend.

Siggy under construction!

SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

Vesania wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:11 pm
Tsukina wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:56 am As always, first of all apologize for having to use an automatic translator, sorry.

This ->

Looks like a joke, I didn't find anything that could be connected to a player. A very shitty and bad joke.
Definitely not a joke. As it is a player tribute character. https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en ... /aerdiana/
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

SetsunaChan wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:56 pmDefinitely not a joke. As it is a player tribute character. https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en ... /aerdiana/
It's not indexed anywhere, so I thought it was just a very bad joke.
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

SetsunaChan wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:56 pm
Definitely not a joke. As it is a player tribute character. https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en ... /aerdiana/
It does have the bow feat of strength, and the cloud serpent matches, but it doesn't have the Slime pet.

It can be quite safely the tribute, but neither on the wink collection websites nor on wowhead did anything come out of this npc.
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

Tsukina wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:52 pm
It does have the bow feat of strength, and the cloud serpent matches, but it doesn't have the Slime pet.

It can be quite safely the homage, but neither on the wink collection websites nor on wowhead did anything come out of this npc.
Spirit of Koosu have a bug that makes it invisible in the armory, but that's not the problem; Blizzard doesn't makes NPCs of players without a good reason. I never heard of that hunter being someone who works on some relevant site for the community, like WoWHead's staff or Wain, nor I found anything saying it's a relative, friend or alike. Why they added it?
SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

Honestly just saying but I've noticed over the years alot of stuff just not getting indexed or archived. But this very well could be the case of maybe like how we didn't know the Jenafur puzzle was an added-in thing from a cancer patient via make a wish. until the community got stuck solving the last bit. But yea they wouldn't have added in an NPC like this unless it was a tribute.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Vesania wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:02 pm

It can be quite safely the homage, but neither on the wink collection websites nor on wowhead did anything come out of this npc.
Spirit of Koosu have a bug that makes it invisible in the armory, but that's not the problem; Blizzard doesn't makes NPCs of players without a good reason. I never heard of that hunter being someone who works on some relevant site for the community, like WoWHead's staff or Wain, nor I found anything saying it's a relative, friend or alike. Why they added it?
Its very possible that it is a still very fresh 'event' that caused a need for tribute, and all they want is to have it in the game and not talk about it or by request of the family to keep things vague.

Siggy under construction!

Tonnes
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by Tonnes »

It can be quite safely the tribute, but neither on the wink collection websites nor on wowhead did anything come out of this npc.
They do have the ghost hydra and the ACTUAL vanilla ghost wolf, not the spirit beast one
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

As someone who does have the slime pet and checked, there is indeed a bug that doesn't show the slime in the armory stables. The NPC is most possibly a tribute or reference to someone close to the dev team that they quietly added into the game.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Just tried, Not tameable