General BlizzCon discussion

For discussion while BlizzCon is running. Anything pertinent to WoW will be moved to the appropriate forums after BlizzCon is over.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: General BlizzCon discussion

Unread post by Wain »

There haven't been many questions asked from the forum submissions yet :/ Also, while Ion's answers are appreciated, I want him to give it a rest and let the others talk ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The others got to answer more questions towards the end, but it seems like it could have been balanced better to spread the questions out. I'm sad that Chris Robinson didn't have the opportunity to answer more, but most of the questions just weren't in his field.

Sadly not many from the forum posts got addressed, but I can understand that they mostly want live people asking them - it makes a better presentation and I'd want to do it that way too.
Elliera
Petopia Artist
Realm: Borean Tundra

Unread post by Elliera »

They working on new worgen and goblin models *_* I'm so happy!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

And six character slots per realm :D
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

They're adding character slots? Nice
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

They actually said they are working on the Worgen now?

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yep! Won't be ready for 8.0, but will be for some patch after. They will be bringing Goblins and Worgen males up to current standards. Female Worgen will be getting a lot more work. Look more like wolves and less like angry Chihuahua.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

As long as they do show up during the new expansion, that's cool! Sooner the better but that's way better than a 'yeah it's something we wanna do when we get time' comment we have been getting.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:Yep! Won't be ready for 8.0, but will be for some patch after. They will be bringing Goblins and Worgen males up to current standards. Female Worgen will be getting a lot more work. Look more like wolves and less like angry Chihuahua.
I was really happy to hear this, too. I suspect the female worgen were the victims of an era where they maybe agonized a little too much on trying to balance an animal look and still give it skinny female model proportions, and the end result is a little weird. I felt that female tauren were a bit the same - they're cows, they should be big and curvy, not skinny and gangly! Thankfully they ditched that philosophy with the pandaren and people seemed really happy with the result.

Six more character slots per realm is awesome :) It was hard trying to level all the classes for the mounts in Legion when I had to split them between realms and couldn't help them out with my mains.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

Yeah from an art perspective I love how the pandaren are. They move well, they are easy to see among the clutter, and most of the armor looks really good on them. They don't look like they are going to snap like twigs and they've got a ton of customization ability.
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Valnaaros wrote:Female Worgen will be getting a lot more work. Look more like wolves and less like angry Chihuahua.
Good. I had thought about race changing with the new races, but Nightborne went Horde which killed that idea. If they were Alliance and had Druid available I would have switched because their forms would probably look awesome.

I have three Worgen F; a Warlock, Druid, and Hunter.

More character slots is awesome. As an alt-o-holic, I approve.

Overall the expansion theme is meh to me. I don't care for PvP in WoW. The factions hating each other after all this crap happening, saving the world together multiple times, yada yada. I'm over it.

Of course I haven't been playing in months, soooo...
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

From what I've read/heard, it isn't going to be pvp-focused. You won't feel pressured into doing pvp, unlike in Legion where you felt pressured in order to get the PvP artifact skins. There will be rewards in pvp, of course, but they won't be so great as to make you feel like you have to.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Maybe I can get a Alliance cloth user. I get very sad when a cloth item drops and I can't send it to someone to log the look in! XD

I mean I have a mage but she's in a different realm ;-;
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I kinda like the way female wogen look now so I hope it's not too much of a drastic change ya know? Like with the other updates it was not so drastic they stopped looking like the old models, so I hope it's more like that.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, I hope we won't feel as pressured to do pvp as this one, especially for minipets. For mounts it's ok because pvp mounts have always been part of the game and I expect to not collect them all. I got a couple of the prestige ones and may slowly grind the rest over time, but I'd hate to feel pressured for other stuff again.

But I think I get what Seilahyn was saying, in that even if it's not actually pvp, it's still a very strong Horde vs Alliance theme this time, and for some of us the hyped up faction rivalry is old and hard to get excited about.

I do wonder if they have an underlying thematic reason for it, though, i.e. the world is actually descending into conflict for irrational reasons because the Old Gods are causing it. In that respect it'd be like the Sha (which were Old God-derived too, so I guess it's the same thing!) Maybe half way through the expansion, when the conflict is as its worst, we'll suddenly be hit with direct Old God action.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Yeah i'd not be shocked if the old gods are behind it. Both Jaina and Sylvannas could easily be pushed along by them? I'm not saying like being corrupted or anything like that but maybe just a few whispers in ears etc
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yeah, I would be surprised if the Old Gods weren't involved in some way.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Since they're rebuilding classic WoW....does that mean they will be able to rebuild eyes of the beast? And if so....potentially a return in Battle of Azeroth?
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

BM's talents are being rearranged.

Lvl 15 talents: Big Game Hunter, Way of the Cobra, Dire Beast

Lvl 30 talents: One with the Pack, Dire Stable, Chimera Shot

Lvl 60 talents: Bestial Fury, Venomous Bite, Thrill of the Hunter. Venomous Bite: Cobra Shot reduces the cooldown of Beastial Wrath by 1 sec. Thrill of the Hunter: Dire Frenzy increases your critical strike chance by 3% for 8 sec, stacking up to 3 times.

Lvl 90 talents: Stomp, Barrage, Stampede

Lvl 100 talents: Killer Cobra, A Murder of Crows, Aspect of the Beast
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Wait, are they removing posthaste then?