Is it a whole new wow?

For discussion while BlizzCon is running. Anything pertinent to WoW will be moved to the appropriate forums after BlizzCon is over.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Is it a whole new wow?

Unread post by Ana »

I must admit I´ve only been looking at pictures but it looks like the style is very different from what I remember. We stopped playing during warlords of draenor. I dont like the look or the concept of legion at all but these new pictures looks nice.

Soooo what I was wondering is.. what is the gameplay now? Is it mostly demons still? Can you skip the entire legion expansion? What are the story linie of this new one?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Is it a whole new wow?

Unread post by Wain »

It's a shame you avoided it, because Legion has been quite enjoyable to play, even if you don't like the demon theme. The leveling zones do have some demon-related areas, but for the most part aren't demon themed - it only became fully about the Legion later on. I thought world quests were really nicely done and didn't feel like a chore. For me, my main disappointments have been how they recoded every class at once and failed to do the job well because they very clearly didn't have enough time, and how the automated/robotic/grind side of things was turned up a notch and became harder to ignore for what it is. But overall it's been fun.

Battle of Azeroth is a completely new theme (few, or no demons in sight!), but it does flow on from events that occur at the end of Legion. At the start, at least, it will be all based on Azeroth, and dust off the Alliance vs Horde theme for another round. To me, that theme seems really tired and makes no sense from the story leading up to it, unless we speculate that there may be more behind it that we haven't been told (Old Gods?), but regardless, others seem to love that we're returning to Warcraft's roots. There will be 'allied races' to allow you to play a handful of other races, even if they're not quite what players had been asking for. We will finally get to see Kul Tiras and Zandalar, and there will be lots of cool dinosaurs! Undoubtedly there will be loads of very cool new things to tame, and that's a lot to look forward to :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Heh I am probably just going to follow from a far ;). I do like the new look of it but I doubt I start playing again.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Wain wrote:At the start, at least, it will be all based on Azeroth, and dust off the Alliance vs Horde theme for another round. To me, that theme seems really tired and makes no sense from the story leading up to it, unless we speculate that there may be more behind it that we haven't been told (Old Gods?), but regardless, others seem to love that we're returning to Warcraft's roots. There will be 'allied races' to allow you to play a handful of other races, even if they're not quite what players had been asking for. We will finally get to see Kul Tiras and Zandalar, and there will be lots of cool dinosaurs! Undoubtedly there will be loads of very cool new things to tame, and that's a lot to look forward to :)
It's interesting that this should come up.
I've never really played a Forsaken (past level 10 or so), but last night really wanted a plate chest piece that comes from a quest in Forsaken-assaulted Gilneas.

I got to hear Lady Sylvannas herself explain the history of the Undead, and it was profoundly moving and sad. I think that much of what happened in the past to create the tensions between Alliance and Horde has never been dealt with, and needs to be confronted. If renewed hostilities between both factions is part of the process, it feels natural to me.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Wain said it perfectly, imo :)

From what Ion and Alex have said, the tension between the Horde and Alliance has gone unresolved for a very long time, and this xpact will finally resolve it.