Rant Thread

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Bulletdance »

There's going to be idiots rioting by my house today and my parents. I'm very worried for them. I've never liked that there were guns in the house, but now I find myself very glad there are. I can already smell smoke and hear sirens.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

aaaand the fateful "do you want to keep working here" text has arrived and I no longer have a job :,D I have a bunch of commissions lined up so here's to hoping I can manage this freelance thing, but... not only is it a huge change, but I have two weeks to decide if I can do it and resign our lease, or decide I can't, and move back home/to Colorado.

i hate thiiiisssss

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

my doctor didn't pay attention to medication allergies and I wound up having an allergic reaction to an antibiotic in the same family as one I have severe reactions too. Now I feel like heck, my head hurts, my behind hurts due to them needing to give me 2 shots and I am on a bunch of new medications. just bleh

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Have been trying to trap a feral cat for MONTHS to get her spayed. I finally get her....on a Saturday....vet is closed...
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

LupisDarkmoon wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:24 pm aaaand the fateful "do you want to keep working here" text has arrived and I no longer have a job :,D I have a bunch of commissions lined up so here's to hoping I can manage this freelance thing, but... not only is it a huge change, but I have two weeks to decide if I can do it and resign our lease, or decide I can't, and move back home/to Colorado.

i hate thiiiisssss
Oh crap :( I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you find something better! :hug:
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Syleye wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:52 pm my doctor didn't pay attention to medication allergies and I wound up having an allergic reaction to an antibiotic in the same family as one I have severe reactions too. Now I feel like heck, my head hurts, my behind hurts due to them needing to give me 2 shots and I am on a bunch of new medications. just bleh
Ugh :( Are you ok now? You're lucky it wasn't worse.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Too hot.. I react poorly to heat. Feels like im melting. Only able to lay down :/

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Wain wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:30 am
Syleye wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:52 pm my doctor didn't pay attention to medication allergies and I wound up having an allergic reaction to an antibiotic in the same family as one I have severe reactions too. Now I feel like heck, my head hurts, my behind hurts due to them needing to give me 2 shots and I am on a bunch of new medications. just bleh
Ugh :( Are you ok now? You're lucky it wasn't worse.
I am doing better, thank you. Just really worn down from all the medications. I am glad they responded so quickly and were able to get me seen by my medical group. ( it's better than trying to get into the ER at the moment)

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Dyed my hair Sunday - Monday at work no one noticed/said anything
Colleague dyes hair Monday - everyone at work compliments her and notices
Am I invisible? I kinda feel like it :cry:

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

I'd almost forgotten how unpleasant it gets when emotions overflow their bottle.
WTB [Bigger Bottle] PST
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Today is the 45th anniversary of the Vietnam War. So many were lost and even more came home dead inside. My biological father and my father-in-law bot are veterans and neither of them are okay.

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Like me husband, my youngest brother suffered a traumatic brain injury several years ago (what is it with my family and head injuries?). He was subsequently diagnosed with epilepsy, bi-polar disorder, anorexia, depression, and anxiety. He is suicidal. What was keeping him grounded was his cat, Ikki, and she has passed away suddenly. There is nothing now to keep him tethered, and I spent a good while on the phone with him trying to give him hope. I am emotionally exhausted, just utterly exhausted and scared for him.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

My brother also has terrible medical problems that he has been suffering with for most of his life. Th only thing keeping him from offing himself is knowing that his cat needs him. He doesnt care about anything else. He's tired of the pain.
So I feel for you, Dewclaw. I really do. I know exactly how you are feeling, and it sucks.
Whats worse is that, you cant exactly blame them for feeling that way. You know you cant be like "wow thats silly, your life is great!" because you know it isnt and they have been suffering.
You don't want them to do it because you love them and you want them to live and hopefully get better and enjoy what there is to enjoy.... But you cant exactly blame them for how they are thinking because you know it sucks.

I'll be praying for you and your family. This is a very hard thing to go through. Its hard to keep supporting someone during this, and it can feel like youre not doing enough at times... But everything you do, even the smallest bit of love that you offer them is so much and youre a wonderful person for even attempting to stick around there for them.
Just remember, your health is important too. Dont throw away your health and sanity. Take breaks from the situation if you need them. You're important too, and what you are going through is a lot of stress that can get really overwhelming really fast.

Siggy under construction!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I can very much relate. My sister has liver and kidney disfunction, and it is painful and uncomfortable. Makes me feel so helpness, and covid is making it difficult for her to get the resources she needs.
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Thanks all.

Bowno, that basically sums up how I feel.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heat wave in Denmark. Record high heat set in Copenhagen, where I live offcourse. My body cant handle the heat. I have thrown up twice due to overheating eventhough I drink plenty off fluids and make sure i get salt and sugar. I have taken 3 cold showers and put my socks in the fridge - nothing helps. Its over 30 degrees and it will continue for atleast another week..
Might have to get hospitalized if I cant get my body to cool down

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I can sympathize. This past month has been miserable, with heat indexes reaching 110-114 degrees F and high humidity. I can't wait for cooler weather.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Just got in to beta and ordered illustrator sub for a month but landed in the er yesterday and now can't leave my bed for a week lol
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

I fell yesterday. I have tried so hard to be careful. It scared the hell out of me and made me realize that my neck and back injuries combined with my weight is super dangerous. Anyways now I am more pain than usual and am trying to figure out how to loose weight with limited mobility.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Ohh no hun. I feel for you :hug:

For exersize i use these exersize rutines
https://youtu.be/vPJKAG0mknI