Daylight Savings time tonight

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Daylight Savings time tonight

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Before you hit the sack tonight, don't forget to set your clock ahead one hour for Daylight Saving Time, which begins at 2 a.m. Sunday. ;)
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Re: Daylight Savings time tonight

Unread post by Moore »

Still reading that in Jason Lees voice. o.o

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Time to throw off the family dog's clockwork schedule!
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Bleh....but I want my sleep.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

:lol: Daylight Savings is weird..............how do you save daylight? :lol: I'm lucky I live where we don't observe that weird, ummm......... tradition :headbang: Do people in Europe and Asia do this too? or is it just a weird American thing, like driving on the right side of the road? :mrgreen:

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

We do it here in New zealand too but its not day light saveings for us yet.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Rawr wrote::lol: Daylight Savings is weird..............how do you save daylight? :lol: I'm lucky I live where we don't observe that weird, ummm......... tradition :headbang: Do people in Europe and Asia do this too? or is it just a weird American thing, like driving on the right side of the road? :mrgreen:
Personally I can't really see the point either, but eh, it's what we do. Yeah, here in Europe we follow the saving-thingy. We also drive on the right side of the road, unlike those of you silly enough to drive on the wrong side.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Um is sweden like in winter anit it like dark all the time? Or am I thinking of iceland. Hmm mum just lols at me when I ask her.

Wait where the hell is Rawr then? I thougt she was a yank XD
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Saturo wrote:
Rawr wrote::lol: Daylight Savings is weird..............how do you save daylight? :lol: I'm lucky I live where we don't observe that weird, ummm......... tradition :headbang: Do people in Europe and Asia do this too? or is it just a weird American thing, like driving on the right side of the road? :mrgreen:
Personally I can't really see the point either, but eh, it's what we do. Yeah, here in Europe we follow the saving-thingy. We also drive on the right side of the road, unlike those of you silly enough to drive on the wrong side.
Well this was invented by americans so to speak to save on candlewax back in the day....
Wikipedia wrote:During his time as an American envoy to France, Benjamin Franklin, author of the proverb, "Early to bed, and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise," anonymously published a letter suggesting that Parisians economize on candles by rising earlier to use morning sunlight.[15] This 1784 satire proposed taxing shutters, rationing candles, and waking the public by ringing church bells and firing cannons at sunrise.[16] Franklin did not propose DST; like ancient Rome, 18th-century Europe did not keep precise schedules. However, this soon changed as rail and communication networks came to require a standardization of time unknown in Franklin's day.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_savings#Origin

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

cowmuflage wrote:Um is sweden like in winter anit it like dark all the time? Or am I thinking of iceland. Hmm mum just lols at me when I ask her.

It depends. Swedish winters are either VERY bright or VERY dark. If there are ANY clouds it's dark and grey, if it's a clear sky it's brighter than you could possibly imagine from all the snow.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Ah. thanks for the info mum just says silly things like "only when the dragons are sleeping" O.o
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Ah, yeah. I think she may have been away for a while, the dragons are in Norway atm.

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Sigh..can't wait to see how many people show up late for work tomorrow because they "forgot" to set their clocks.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

dragons are in Norway atm.
Say what ?
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Actually, driving on the wrong left side of the road is unique to the British (and some of their former colonies, I believe).
cowmuflage wrote:Um is sweden like in winter anit it like dark all the time? Or am I thinking of iceland. Hmm mum just lols at me when I ask her.

You have to be of a high enough latitude for the sun to never rise during the winter (and never set during the summer). Someof Sweden does experience that, but most of the country doesn't.

As for your second question, not all counties in the US observe DST. It's weird.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Oh thanks god, I thought I had time leaped again...

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I kept reminding everyone i knew about daylight savings for the past 3 weeks (i have a absolutely horrid sense of time and days) and i went to bed last night, woke up and my clock said 9am and im like uggguuuuuu why the hell cant i SLEEEEEEP...

I usually wake up around 11-12am but i went to bed early last night... well, noon rolls by and i get frustrated at the fact i cant sleep and i check my phone for txt messages and see its 1pm. @_@ im so glad i didnt have to do anything morning/early afternoon based today lol /whew

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |