The Happy Thread

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: The Happy Thread

Unread post by Wain »

Tårnfalk wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:06 pm Dewclaw - Baking is soo easy.. and just keep trying... failure only means you get more practice :D

I GOT MY HUSBAND HOME TODAY :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

24 days of hospital admittance.... now I hope they manage his wound good so he doesn't get to go into the hospital for that long ever again
Yes!!! :) I'm so happy he's home again. Hopefully no more hospital trips :) And wow, good to see you kept yourself busy with the baking :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Castile wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:20 pm Not as massive achievement as other but got exalted with Zandalar and got my troll! Really neglected my horde this expansion so this rep buff is amazing. Now to work on my vulpera.

Congrats! This rep buff has been great for a lot of people. It doesn't seem like it'll be much use for me, unfortunately.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I use the rep buff just to farm gold XD I've got like 500k left for that dang ah mount ;-;

Anyway Mermay is soon cus may is soon. I might post art here again for once.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

The gf expressed interest in playing WoW when I was reminiscing, and despite all my expectations to never play again, we both picked it up the other day. And while I'm still struggling with my brain telling me that I should be ashamed to spend time on this game, /god/ is it so much fun to rediscover it with someone who's never played more than a few minutes of it before. I'm having such a good time and actually excited for Shadowlands now!

...And predictably, I was super upset about the hyena revamp, then tamed a brown one on whim and I'm absolutely in love with him. :lol: I should just expect this of myself by now.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Get the mounts :P

I'm like 30k away from the 5 Mill Brutosaur mount. It's rather nuts that I've been able to save this much gold but I guess the lockdown/being jobless has had a perk lol
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:33 pm Get the mounts :P

I'm like 30k away from the 5 Mill Brutosaur mount. It's rather nuts that I've been able to save this much gold but I guess the lockdown/being jobless has had a perk lol
That's actually really impressive well done! No way could I save that much gold!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Thanks! it's been hard work and now I don't have any gold now XD

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Long boi is better than gold imo

Shadowlands

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Long boi really is better then gold and bigger when a cow is riding. He's huge! XD
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

*insert Tiger King "I'm never gonna ever recover financially from this" meme*

Shadowlands

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

oh my god I enjoy BM again oh my god this means i can TAME EVERYTHING AGAIN YAAAYYY

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I made my first official pet print form my business . I am so excited!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

yay to both of you! I loved BM when I was playing Lupis. And Syleye I hope your business will go really well

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I started playing Neopets again and am glad Jelly World is still a place and I can still get free jelly.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

With Shaw/Flynn being confirmed, the nelf husbands, and the canon trans man coming into WoW, I've been experiencing the rare euphoria I never expected to come from this game- I actually feel like I belong in this world, and like I'm welcome in the game itself. Seriously cannot repeat enough how much representation matters. I'm so, so happy Blizzard has finally started listening. Especially with a game like WoW, where when I started playing again w/ my gf, I specifically had to warn her that the game is aggressively straight and aggressively cis and if we wanted representation we'd need to make it up ourselves.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Lupis wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:53 pm With Shaw/Flynn being confirmed, the nelf husbands, and the canon trans man coming into WoW, I've been experiencing the rare euphoria I never expected to come from this game- I actually feel like I belong in this world, and like I'm welcome in the game itself. Seriously cannot repeat enough how much representation matters. I'm so, so happy Blizzard has finally started listening. Especially with a game like WoW, where when I started playing again w/ my gf, I specifically had to warn her that the game is aggressively straight and aggressively cis and if we wanted representation we'd need to make it up ourselves.
It’s been confirmed now?? Yes! 😊 And yes, representation matters so much. When every visible relationship is straight, and almost every important character looks Caucasian, it becomes silencing by omission and people are often oblivious to the effect that that has.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Wain wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:35 am
It’s been confirmed now?? Yes! 😊 And yes, representation matters so much. When every visible relationship is straight, and almost every important character looks Caucasian, it becomes silencing by omission and people are often oblivious to the effect that that has.
Yes!!! :D The most recent book showcases and confirms their growing relationship! While it IS locked into the book at the moment, there's enough text in-game to support it that I'm hoping we see Flynn/Shaw interacting in Shadowlands at some point, too.

And seriously, you hit the nail on the head. It's shocking to me just how much of an effect the recent shift towards slightly more diversity and inclusion has had on me. I'm really hoping we see more of this trend!

Edit- https://twitter.com/Tricycle_Clown/stat ... 01346?s=20 (Link is to a tweet with a photo of an interview) I'm so... blown away. Might cry. I'm so happy this is when I chose to come back to this game. Straight up I cannot put into words how much it means to have the LEAD NARRATIVE DESIGNER come out and not only say that homophobia/transphobia Does Not Exist In Azeroth, but that queer people do. And his specifically pointing out the argument of "It's medieval" to shut it down and promote the support and safety of queer players and their identities is... more important to me than I could say. As a queer person who grew up in this world it's making me legitimately teary.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

It's so so great to see!! :D

And since my Shadows Rising book arrived early, I've been privately reading it (no spoilers don't worry), but I can already say that I've seen a background male character reference his male lover, and then two female zandalari getting married. They're just existing in the book as part of the world, I love it. I'm not even halfway through, there's still the Mathias/Flynn stuff coming too. :)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I really like the new mount especially the glow effects but am a bit bummed it hasn't counted towards my achievement? Like I have 399 mounts man ;-;

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Just a few mounts